+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Millwall fans are saying about Neil Harris.

Re: What Millwall fans are saying about Neil Harris.

I hope Mehmet Dalman is reading that lot!

The more I read, the times I’ve seen Millwall play live or highlights - we shouldn’t touch Harris with a barge pole, he’s Warnock Mark 2 without the experience.

It’ll be telling if we do appoint him, as it’ll show our ambition is clearly not to even attempt the change the football philosophy at the club.

The only thing in his favour is he won’t cost anything and his wages will be lower than Warnock’s and again that would be a demonstration of our priorities.

Millwall don't rate him. Not a single vote in delmbox' poll.

I'm beginning to take an anyone-but-Harris viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    The only thing in his favour is he won’t cost anything and his wages will be lower than Warnock’s and again that would be a demonstration of our priorities.
    Forget infrastructure, playing style etc.., this has always been CCFCs priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Millwall don't rate him. Not a single vote in delmbox' poll.

I'm beginning to take an anyone-but-Harris viewpoint.
    No one seems to know why he is even being considered other than probably being cheap (see 'The Russell Slade Wilderness Years') and one other poster saying that he did 'marvellous things' at Millwall, which I can't find any evidence of.

He feels like the least inspiring of all the candidates mentioned so far.

Puzzling.

The Dark Side is reporting that it’s a 100% done deal and the new manager is ....

.......Neil Harris........

Aargh!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    The Dark Side is reporting that it’s a 100% done deal and the new manager is ....

Aargh!
    FFS!!!!!
    WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for one won’t be watching us under Bomber ****ing Harris.

Can't say I'm happy about this appointment. But were Millwall fans saying the same when he got them into the playoffs twice and when they had good cup runs under him?

Let's be honest if he's shite he'll be gone quickly, Trollope didn't last 5 minutes.

Aargh!
    IF it is to be Harris, this surely contradicts the public comments made by MD and his `offensive` football style, it just seems a cheap option and more empty comments. I have nothing against Harris, like many others I remember his games with us on loan, and his health issues, but it just feels wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I for one won’t be watching us under Bomber ****ing Harris.
    Why not?

Aargh!
    The Dark Sides LeAdEr posted that he is friends with Warnock.
    I wouldn"t believe that either.

It's remarkable that so many people here have started tearing the new manager to bits before they know who it is !

In this case it's Neil Harris, a good young manager by the way, but the same people who knocked Sir Neil week in week out have started moaning and accusing every possible candidate who's been suggested.
    Maybe this is why the last manager couldn't take it any more and unfortunately I have to say that if I were a candidate and I read this stuff I'd give it a miss. Nothing will ever be good enough for those who are determined to fail and enjoy gloating over failure far more than they enjoy competing ,

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Why not?
    Because I’m sick of awful football.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    It's remarkable that so many people here have started tearing the new manager to bits before they know who it is !

In this case it's Neil Harris, a good young manager by the way, but the same people who knocked Sir Neil week in week out have started moaning and accusing every possible candidate who's been suggested.
    Maybe this is why the last manager couldn't take it any more and unfortunately I have to say that if I were a candidate and I read this stuff I'd give it a miss. Nothing will ever be good enough for those who are determined to fail and enjoy gloating over failure far more than they enjoy competing ,
    Gjhggjhfddrhhjgfvhhjvvvbjj

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post

The fans are fatigued by hoofball and Harris is proven to employ the same tactic, hence the pessimism.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    The fans are fatigued by hoofball and Harris is proven to employ the same tactic, hence the pessimism.

Yeah we know who Neil Harris is, it's not like he's some unknown entity.

Like when people were defending the signing of Madine even though we'd all seen him play plenty of times.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Why not?
    Because he doesn't watch us anyway

Someone tell Ronnie Bird this is a thread about what Millwall fans thought of Neil Harris when he resigned and what they think of him being linked with the City job. While not all of the messages are negative by any means, it's far, far from a ringing endorsement of him either and let's not forget that we're talking about someone who deserves to have that much over used word legend added to his name when you consider what he did as a player for Millwall.

Reading much of what's in those threads, there are exact parallels with Neil Warnock at Cardiff - recognition and praise for an excellent job done in the early phase of his time in charge, but then significant numbers growing weary of pragmatic, attritional football that feeds off opposition mistakes.

I was hoping for some evidence that Millwall played like they did under Harris because it was a style that best suited their players rather the way he wants to play, but I didn't find any - given the reaction to "Warnockball" from so many City fans this season, I just don't understand why the club would want to go for someone who it seems will have us playing in the same way as we do now with no evidence that there will be a gradual change to a more progressive style.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Someone tell Ronnie Bird this is a thread about what Millwall fans thought of Neil Harris when he resigned and what they think of him being linked with the City job. While not all of the messages are negative by any means, it's far, far from a ringing endorsement of him either and let's not forget that we're talking about someone who deserves to have that much over used word legend added to his name when you consider what he did as a player for Millwall.

Reading much of what's in those threads, there are exact parallels with Neil Warnock at Cardiff - recognition and praise for an excellent job done in the early phase of his time in charge, but then significant numbers growing weary of pragmatic, attritional football that feeds off opposition mistakes.

I was hoping for some evidence that Millwall played like they did under Harris because it was a style that best suited their players rather the way he wants to play, but I didn't find any - given the reaction to "Warnockball" from so many City fans this season, I just don't understand why the club would want to go for someone who it seems will have us playing in the same way as we do now with no evidence that there will be a gradual change to a more progressive style.
    Probably because Warnock has spent the last 3-4 weeks putting him in the frame. I do not give the City board the credence of even knowing about him.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    IF it is to be Harris, this surely contradicts the public comments made by MD and his `offensive` football style, it just seems a cheap option and more empty comments. I have nothing against Harris, like many others I remember his games with us on loan, and his health issues, but it just feels wrong.

Depends on what you understand by ‘offensive’

Route 1 football is offensive to most

Neil Harris' record at Millwall includes:

- All time record goal scorer
    - 4th in list of all time player appearances
    - League One play-offs and Wembley appearance (unsuccessful) in first full season of management
    - 2016/17 FA Cup run knocking out 3 premier league clubs on the way to quarter-finals and second run at League One play-offs (successful) in second year in charge
    - An unbeaten run of 17 games in first season back in Championship, including winning 6 away games in a row, and Championship survival
    - 2018/19 run to FA cup to quarter-finals and Championship survival
    - Poor start to 2019 season leading to Harris resigning.
    - Overall he's the 5th longest serving Millwall manager

How can a person achieve so much at one club and still have negative reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    How can a person achieve so much at one club and still have negative reviews?
    Well if Harris is Warnock Jr, then surely we’ll be looking at more of the same, possibly with less spending, but the same snoozeball.

I for one would like to see a progression. We’re being left behind.