+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Millwall fans are saying about Neil Harris.

Re: What Millwall fans are saying about Neil Harris.

As much as he would be an uninspiring choice I think the negativity surrounding the potential appointment is a little OTT and of course very premature.

He did do a good job at Millwall, I fail to see how anyone could argue with that other than Millwall fans themselves, the reason for that is simple. You always have a very skewed viewpoint when thinking of where your club should be.

Promotion and a fairly stable championship club, couple of good Cup runs, that's about where Millwall should be surely.

I wouldn't be surprised if they slipped down again in the next couple of years.

He wouldn't be my choice but he will get my support if it his him which we don't really know that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Well if Harris is Warnock Jr, then surely we’ll be looking at more of the same, possibly with less spending, but the same snoozeball.

I for one would like to see a progression. We’re being left behind.
    More of the same as he achieved at Millwall and while spending less? Yes please.

I too would like to see some progression and haven't been excited by the Neil Harris Millwall clips on youtube, but I do think we have to recognise that there was a large amount of progression from pre-Warnock to Warnock and there will almost definitely be a lot of progression with next manager because of how old school Warnock was in certain areas. Even going back to a Malky type manager would see us progress because of his liking for sports science.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Forget infrastructure, playing style etc.., this has always been CCFCs priority.
    100% correct. There is zero ambition for this club to progress and develop. Any success we achieve is a fortuitous bonus to the board and not an aim. I think we should all face facts and realise that as long as Tan is in charge we will constantly be taking backward steps year on year.

It seems that we as a club are hanging onto an outdated, boring and often ineffective style of football. Fans will know that it might work for a season or two but then opponents work us out, fans get bored shitless and wins start drying up. Sack and repeat. Boring. Outdated. A little bit embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane CCFC View Post
    It seems that we as a club are hanging onto an outdated, boring and often ineffective style of football. Fans will know that it might work for a season or two but then opponents work us out, fans get bored shitless and wins start drying up. Sack and repeat. Boring. Outdated. A little bit embarrassing.
    I agree with you, but would add that if it is correct that City under Neil Harris would offer the same "boring", "outdated" football, then there would not be that season or two before opponents worked us out.Given how ineffective Warnockball has been this season, it seems so odd that the club appear to think that the system is right and it just needs a change of the man in charge to turn things around.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Depends on what you understand by ‘offensive’

Route 1 football is offensive to most
    Funnily enough, I missed our game v the wurzels but friends I know from Bristol went, they said they were shocked how much we past the ball about, that they were far more route 1 and they still can’t believe they won.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Funnily enough, I missed our game v the wurzels but friends I know from Bristol went, they said they were shocked how much we past the ball about, that they were far more route 1 and they still can’t believe they won.....
    And they aren’t far off. The 2 sides played a similar style on Sunday and Bristol City certainly didn’t deserve to win ( bit like us the week before may I add)