+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Betting Suspended on Harris

Re: Betting Suspended on Harris

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Maybe that. Or maybe Mehmet Dalman and other members of the Board have taken the fan temperature (on messageboards and other places) and concluded that they have produced the wrong shortlist. They have to get this right.
    Would be a weird way to run a business, at least have conviction in the decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Would be a weird way to run a business, at least have conviction in the decisions.
    In many businesses yes but in this business and in these circumstances I think it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    In many businesses yes but in this business and in these circumstances I think it makes sense.
    Yup. On the face of it there was no reason why Slade should’ve been moved on. In his only full season we achieved 8th place.
    The football was dreadful and I think the board knew the fans were restless.

I think they know Harris will be unpopular from the get-go, hopefully they’re doing themselves, Harris and us a favour by looking at alternative options.

Surely they should know this would be the reaction though, but if they're going with him they must think he's right for the club anyway.

If they thought he was a good appointment Monday should that really change because of online whinging? They should think he'd win the whingers over.

Harris would be unlucky in some ways because of the change in expectation among the fanbase compared to when Neil Warnock was appointed. Three years ago, we were in a mess with the rebrand still raw and there was probably much more of a feeling that supporters would put up with "typical Warnock football" if it meant we would move away from the relegation zone. This time, apart from an unsuccessful break from Slade/Warnockball of about two months, people have been watching a boring, underdog, style of play for five years (and we were pretty direct under lots of previous managers as well) - unless Neil Harris is going to manage City in a manner that is completely contrary to what he did at Millwall, we are going to be back playing a brand of football which has nothing going for it whatsoever if wins aren't forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Maybe that. Or maybe Mehmet Dalman and other members of the Board have taken the fan temperature (on messageboards and other places) and concluded that they have produced the wrong shortlist. They have to get this right.
    Hoping so!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I thought it was you, I'll come and say hello next time.
    You LOM and Ronnie all there at the same time eh...

After being suspended all day the betting on harris is now open again, safe to say everyone is clueless on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    After being suspended all day the betting on harris is now open again, safe to say everyone is clueless on this.
    I’m not even convinced he’s in the running. Only source to have said this is WO.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I’m not even convinced he’s in the running. Only source to have said this is WO.
    And ANNIE

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Other board says he was met by club officials in that there London which triggered Warnocks departure the other day

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Other board says he was met by club officials in that there London which triggered Warnocks departure the other day
    Must be true then.

The other board said James Vaughan was a done deal, never forget!

The other board has no idea either no matter what they say.

The other board has no idea either no matter what they say.
    SniPEr

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You LOM and Ronnie all there at the same time eh...
    We were born as triplets

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We were born as triplets
    In biblical times we were known as the 3 wise man

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    In biblical times we were known as the 3 wise man
    *Men ;)