+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I miss Warnock and he's only just gone , a bluebird legend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I miss Warnock and he's only just gone , a bluebird legend

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Some of the time.
    When it was good, it was good.
    When we were on one of Jones’ infamous winless streaks, the football was fecking shite.
    Yes, too many have forgotten those awful times. It was either brilliant or real shite and we had a talent from going from one run to another with no prior warning. If one game summed up one of Jones' bad moments, it was Leicester at home. A truly dismal affair, spoiled by strong winds. I've not seen as many games as awful as that at any level of football, the only moment of quality was a sumptuous Darren Purse volley from 35 yards as the ball dropped over his shoulder, past a hopelessly out of position Enckelman. I don't think any video evidence exists of this moment, but it was arguably the greatest own goal ever by a City player. Ali sounded embarrassed on the tannoy.

I had to look up the game for my own amusement. It was March 1st, 2008. 13,355 turned up to watch what Jones described as "a very poor game". 2 weeks prior to that game we stuffed Wolves in the cup and, a week after that Leicester debarcle, we beat Boro away in the FA cup. In between those cup ties we lost 2 out of 3 and failed to score a single goal.

Banned

Re: I miss Warnock and he's only just gone , a bluebird legend

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, too many have forgotten those awful times. It was either brilliant or real shite and we had a talent from going from one run to another with no prior warning. If one game summed up one of Jones' bad moments, it was Leicester at home. A truly dismal affair, spoiled by strong winds. I've not seen as many games as awful as that at any level of football, the only moment of quality was a sumptuous Darren Purse volley from 35 yards as the ball dropped over his shoulder, past a hopelessly out of position Enckelman. I don't think any video evidence exists of this moment, but it was arguably the greatest own goal ever by a City player. Ali sounded embarrassed on the tannoy.

I had to look up the game for my own amusement. It was March 1st, 2008. 13,355 turned up to watch what Jones described as "a very poor game". 2 weeks prior to that game we stuffed Wolves in the cup and, a week after that Leicester debarcle, we beat Boro away in the FA cup. In between those cup ties we lost 2 out of 3 and failed to score a single goal.
    So Cardiff get to an FA Cup Semi-final for the first time in 80 plus years but you were just bogged down by poor league form?