Re: I miss Warnock and he's only just gone , a bluebird legend

get a grip you soppy tart

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Cut Sludge some slack. He's just lost Mothercare, now Warnock....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Cut Sludge some slack. He's just lost Mothercare, now Warnock....
    Clintons are in trouble, too. Just think of all the women shopping and working there that might fall by the wayside if they go...

Have some self respect man. For goodness sake.

New manager comes in as results go badly. 5 games left and 5 points adrift. Neil Warnock is summoned keeps us up and is carried on the shoulders of the fans

I miss him to

Give me Dave Jones any day. he was surly too but at least his teams played attractive football.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Give me Dave Jones any day. he was surly too but at least his teams played attractive football.
    Some of the time.
    When it was good, it was good.
    When we were on one of Jones’ infamous winless streaks, the football was fecking shite.

Jones was an OK manager but he never took to the fans and we never took to him

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Some of the time.
    When it was good, it was good.
    When we were on one of Jones’ infamous winless streaks, the football was fecking shite.
    Yes, too many have forgotten those awful times. It was either brilliant or real shite and we had a talent from going from one run to another with no prior warning. If one game summed up one of Jones' bad moments, it was Leicester at home. A truly dismal affair, spoiled by strong winds. I've not seen as many games as awful as that at any level of football, the only moment of quality was a sumptuous Darren Purse volley from 35 yards as the ball dropped over his shoulder, past a hopelessly out of position Enckelman. I don't think any video evidence exists of this moment, but it was arguably the greatest own goal ever by a City player. Ali sounded embarrassed on the tannoy.

I had to look up the game for my own amusement. It was March 1st, 2008. 13,355 turned up to watch what Jones described as "a very poor game". 2 weeks prior to that game we stuffed Wolves in the cup and, a week after that Leicester debarcle, we beat Boro away in the FA cup. In between those cup ties we lost 2 out of 3 and failed to score a single goal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, too many have forgotten those awful times. It was either brilliant or real shite and we had a talent from going from one run to another with no prior warning. If one game summed up one of Jones' bad moments, it was Leicester at home. A truly dismal affair, spoiled by strong winds. I've not seen as many games as awful as that at any level of football, the only moment of quality was a sumptuous Darren Purse volley from 35 yards as the ball dropped over his shoulder, past a hopelessly out of position Enckelman. I don't think any video evidence exists of this moment, but it was arguably the greatest own goal ever by a City player. Ali sounded embarrassed on the tannoy.

I had to look up the game for my own amusement. It was March 1st, 2008. 13,355 turned up to watch what Jones described as "a very poor game". 2 weeks prior to that game we stuffed Wolves in the cup and, a week after that Leicester debarcle, we beat Boro away in the FA cup. In between those cup ties we lost 2 out of 3 and failed to score a single goal.
    So Cardiff get to an FA Cup Semi-final for the first time in 80 plus years but you were just bogged down by poor league form?