Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
I think some are worried about the freebies effecting everyone's pensions , as a lot of these nationalization plans will effect ordinary folks pensions as the pension funds are invested in these very companies , therefore to gratis effect nice a the start could hurt ordinary working folks pensions in the future , my guess (and it is a guess ) a lot of the supporters of the gratis labour plans are retired or near retired public sector workers who are insulated as their pension and earning are protected from this potential financial shortfall and effects of the brave new nationalization plan , this is a huge gamble to untie all of this and it will cost ,I was listen to old Unite Len praising this new venture ,well he would wouldn't , he it wont effect his £250k pa or any of those folk around the Labour manifesto gratis held meeting yesterday .

And shock of shocks old Len was the first out of the media blocks its as if he was the leader , and he as an union leader attended that manifesto meeting ??
No mention of the millions who do not have the luxury of an occupational pension I see. Many people I know only have the State Pension to look forward to but are heroic in their stoicism.