+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Free Broadband - latest insane policy from Labour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Free Broadband - latest insane policy from Labour

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    In the wonderful whacky world proposed by Corby there'll be free nationalised broadband to while away your extra free time during the reduced working week .
    Ignoring the fact that it'll actually have to be paid for by some poor bugger, and that it's a bit strange to provide free broadband when you're making people pay for water, has it occurred to anyone that this would mean that they'd control what people could or couldn't see or say on the Internet ?
    I agree. Stupid idea. Will have a massive impact on my business (ie might not have one anymore) and what about the punters who work for all these organisations, what will happen to their jobs?

Looks like a spoilt ballot paper for me this time....

Re: Free Broadband - latest insane policy from Labour

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I agree. Stupid idea. Will have a massive impact on my business (ie might not have one anymore) and what about the punters who work for all these organisations, what will happen to their jobs?

Looks like a spoilt ballot paper for me this time....
    The internet has already killed many jobs and businesses, as it is a disruptive technology. Making it "free" to the end user is not necessarily a bad thing, as it could make the country more competitive in the long-term.