+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If It Was Neil Harris Coming In..

If It Was Neil Harris Coming In..

Then it would surely be over the line by now. He's not in demand and surely (if the club have spoken to him) he can't be playing hardball as this job would probably be as good as it gets for him. I don't want him, and i reckon it's all bollocks, Dalman and Choo can't be that stupid.......I've probably cursed things now....

Re: If It Was Neil Harris Coming In..

Might be trying to sort out his backroom staff?

Sense

I agree. Any of the out of work managers would have surely been announced by now? Unless they can't decide, because the candidates are all so poor. When Warnock was appointed it was done very quickly. No news from other clubs about us approaching any managers, so Bowyer or Flynn must be out of the picture. so we have a list of Harris, Hughes, Hughton, Karanka, Jokanovic, or any of the dinosaurs like Allardyce, Pardew, Pulis (wouldn't be surprised if it's him).

I still reckon that Harris might not like the idea of working with a Director of Football.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I still reckon that Harris might not like the idea of working with a Director of Football.
    Gonna be a long old weekend

People are talking as if this is a dead end job, it isn't!
    It will be highly sought after and there will be quality coaches very interested in managing us. This isn't Colchester Utd.
    If it ends up as Neil Harris then the board need to answer some serious questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    It will be highly sought after and there will be quality coaches very interested in managing us. This isn't Colchester Utd.
    If it ends up as Neil Harris then the board need to answer some serious questions.
    We’re plucky little Cardiff, the underdogs. Hadn’t you heard?

So maybe Jose Mourinho might fancy a new challenge? I reckon it's either Harris or Bellamy.

Quote Originally Posted by TERRY BLUE View Post
    So maybe Jose Mourinho might fancy a new challenge? I reckon it's either Harris or Bellamy.
    I'm sure I remember tan having a meeting with Mourinho a few years back. Make it happen Vincent ;) although I'm sure a few on here would consider him a dinosaur

Tan might well have seen the reaction.
    Come back Neil Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Exactly, it's a job at the top end of football, incredibly well paid and there's only 92 of those jobs out there, and at any one time probably 2 or 3 going. I expect wages of 600 grand a year and upwards plus bonuses. There are prospective manages out there who would hop down the M4 in the fast lane and against the traffic to get the gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Exactly, it's a job at the top end of football, incredibly well paid and there's only 92 of those jobs out there, and at any one time probably 2 or 3 going. I expect wages of 600 grand a year and upwards plus bonuses. There are prospective manages out there who would hop down the M4 in the fast lane and against the traffic to get the gig.
    I’m not understanding your post.

Yes there are 92 league clubs in the English pyramid, but there are also tens of top jobs in world football that are bigger than 86 of them as well..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Yes there are 92 league clubs in the English pyramid, but there are also tens of top jobs in world football that are bigger than 86 of them as well..
    Neil Harris and co aren't likely to get any of those other jobs any time soon, in fact he isn't going to get a job any better than us so his opportunities are even more limited. I don't think it would've taken this long to appoint him.

Being pedantic, 91

Neil Harris and co aren't likely to get any of those other jobs any time soon, in fact he isn't going to get a job any better than us so his opportunities are even more limited. I don't think it would've taken this long to appoint him.
    You said there are only 92 top jobs out there..I agree with the point about Harris in another comment.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Being pedantic, 91
    Correct

You said there are only 92 top jobs out there..I agree with the point about Harris in another comment.
    In this country-League football.

Then it would surely be over the line by now. He's not in demand and surely (if the club have spoken to him) he can't be playing hardball as this job would probably be as good as it gets for him. I don't want him, and i reckon it's all bollocks, Dalman and Choo can't be that stupid.......I've probably cursed things now....
    That's my thinking too. I'd guess they're taking the weekend to hammer out a deal with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's my thinking too. I'd guess they're taking the weekend to hammer out a deal with someone else.
    I will be in church on Sunday praying it’s not Neil Harris

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Got to be, i can't see us chasing him especially after Warnock. The most predictable thing the club will try and do is go in a different direction, surely? Nobody wants him, he's not in a strong position. I really hope i'm right.

Maybe he’s out of the country

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Considering his options?

Vinnie’s in bed now

He'd have been back on the first easyjet out of town to get this job. None of this makes any sense to me, club want to change direction, then go for a bloke who isn't going to take a different path football wise, he's out of work and not in demand yet it's taking this long to get him here. Much stranger things have happened, but it does seem a bit odd.