Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
I instantly lose interest when anyone starts talking about ‘brand of football’

I just want my team to score more than the opposition.

Really don’t see how it matters how it’s done.

I think deep down despite all the pages and pages written on social media that the vast majority feel the same

I had as much enjoyment watching NW’s team as any other manager we’ve ever had .

Didn’t matter one bit that our possession stats were low.
I don't think the vast majority of fans feel the same at all.

I think the majority of die-hard supporters like you who have the club in their DNA probably feel the same, but history shows us there aren't too many of those.

Based on my own experiences of talking to people, I believe the majority of supporters are far happier when their team is winning but they also want to see some decent football, which is hardly an outrageous requirement. The problem is that, during and after Warnock's reign, a certain percentage of fans have to come to believe that the two are mutually exclusive. They start talking in extremes, which is not the way most people view the game.

Bear in mind you're a supporter who regularly defended the football played under Russell Slade and who talked in positive terms about the abilities of Alex Revell. That's because it's in your nature to defend the club at all costs and try to find positives in everything it does. Slade actually won more games as a City manager than he lost, but crowds dropped all the same because people were bored by the poor-quality football his team played. The same was happening under Warnock.