+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could Harris change tactics?

Could Harris change tactics?

If Harris is named as manager is there a chance he could change tactics and the way the team plays by having better players to work with?
    What i'm saying is although i don't know much about him as a manager i'm sure he would have had a small budget and the the lack of quality in the squad maybe made him set the team up the way they did.

Given money and a better squad to work with i'm hoping if it is him that's named as our manager then he does have the ability to adjust and have the team play differently than Millwall..

Re: Could Harris change tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    If Harris is named as manager is there a chance he could change tactics and the way the team plays by having better players to work with?
    What i'm saying is although i don't know much about him as a manager i'm sure he would have had a small budget and the the lack of quality in the squad maybe made him set the team up the way they did.

Given money and a better squad to work with i'm hoping if it is him that's named as our manager then he does have the ability to adjust and have the team play differently than Millwall..
    Playing devil's advocate here, but have we got a better squad than Millwall?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Playing devil's advocate here, but have we got a better squad than Millwall?
    Yes.

We’ve got the back four and goalkeeper that were the cornerstone of the team that got promoted from this division. We also have arguably more attacking options than the promoted team.

A fresh start with a few additions in the window and we would have the makings of a side that can achieve promotion if not this season, then certainly next.

The squad got 90 points just over 18 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    We’ve got the back four and goalkeeper that were the cornerstone of the team that got promoted from this division. We also have arguably more attacking options than the promoted team.

A fresh start with a few additions in the window and we would have the makings of a side that can achieve promotion if not this season, then certainly next.
    Have we?
    Apart from the fact that the players from the promotion winning team are two years older:
    Defence: Manga’s left and been replaced with Flint. There no way Flint is even as good as, let alone better than Manga.
    Bamba’s been out injured, so hasn’t been able to make much of a contribution.
    Midfield: No Gunnarsson anymore and Pack lacks his bite.
    Forwards: Zohore was our top scorer and is gone, Paterson is carrying weight and not scoring.
    The squad is bloated and not balanced. It’s very much a case if quantity over quality.

Been clinging to this, but what manager has ever played differently from club to club?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Have we?
    Apart from the fact that the players from the promotion winning team are two years older:
    Defence: Manga’s left and been replaced with Flint. There no way Flint is even as good as, let alone better than Manga.
    Forwards: Zohore was our top scorer and is gone, Paterson is carrying weight and not scoring.
    The squad is bloated and not balanced. It’s very much a case if quantity over quality.
    Agreed with all of that. Grangenders is righ that we have more attacking options, but none of them are of the quality of Zohore. Definitely quantity, not quality.

I reckon our league position isn't false for the players we have.

Charlton, Luton etc all have small budgets and play better football.

I’ve seen this point made a couple of times, and it could possibly be true, but there comes my counter point.. others with small budgets have come up and played better stuff..Barnsley another one.

If he had a hoofball team and a small budget he could have worked to change the style over 3 years and 6 transfer windows fella, other teams manage to play with **** all money to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Have we?
    And Morrison is a worse player than he was two years ago. So is Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed with all of that. Grangenders is righ that we have more attacking options, but none of them are of the quality of Zohore. Definitely quantity, not quality.

I reckon our league position isn't false for the players we have.
    And long-term injuries to Ralls or Hoilett would put us in big trouble.