+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If Tan appoints Harris

If Tan appoints Harris

It proves once and for all the fans opinion counts for nothing.
    I've had enough of this mediorce club.
    I won't be renewing my season ticket.

Re: If Tan appoints Harris

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    It counts for little but thats also the investment put in. Football is a business and you are a customer.
    The club has probably had its least mediocre spell over last 10 years or so.

He wouldnt be my choice but its not my choice. Who doew he need to appoint, appears to be no stand out candidate

If..................He will be one of the biggest underwhelments ever. We have a proper chance to 'kick on' here and recruit a manager with some pedigree, appetite and experience. Harris fails on all three of those, in fact he walked away from his last club.

If we appoint him its possibly because he's the easy cheap option and no other reason.

Fingers crossed it wont be him.

Why should the fans get a say on who a new manager is?

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Why should the fans get a say on who a new manager is?
    They shouldn’t but if the football style is the same and the results are not good from the off with Harris, then people will vote with their feet.

It makes me laugh that Dalman says they need more football knowledge at board level, yet they are going to appoint another manager without having that knowledge. Surely they should appoint director of football/sporting director before the manager?

You are basing your idea of ‘fans opinion’ on what is said on here and twitter ? What about the other 24000 who actually go regularly to games. You say this is a ‘mediocre club’ after one of the most successful periods in the clubs history. These are the words of someone who is not really a fan of the club in the first place. If you think what has happened in the last three years is mediocre, what would you have said or done in the 1980’s and 90’s when we really were plumbing the depths in Leagues 3 & 4 ? We haven't even appointed a new manager yet for god's sake. We were verging on the brink of bankruptcy when Tan took over and he has put over £150m in since, so I reckon he is entitled to appoint whoever he likes. If you really mean what you stated above then good riddance.

Maybe Tan should pop round to your gaff for a cuppa and a chat. He can ask you who you’d like to appoint. Then you can let him know how many millions you are gonna put into the club.

The fans have the ultimate say.
    Whether to go to games or stay at home.
    I'm joining the latter.

I'm joining the latter.
    That’s your choice. Fair weather fans are 10 a penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    If..................He will be one of the biggest underwhelments ever. We have a proper chance to 'kick on' here and recruit a manager with some pedigree, appetite and experience. Harris fails on all three of those, in fact he walked away from his last club.

If we appoint him its possibly because he's the easy cheap option and no other reason.

Fingers crossed it wont be him.
    Arguably, Harris beats Warnock on two of those three qualities. In his four full years as a manager (ignoring first season where Millwall were already heading towards relegation and the poor start of this season where he stepped away fairly quickly) he has matched Warnock's total of promotions, twice done better in the FA Cup, has avoided relegation and, if transfer market expertise is on basis of buying low then selling high, done better in the transfer market. He is also younger by 30 years and you'd expect have more appetite than Warnock at this stage.

The manager with pedigree, appetite and experience will be too expensive for our budget. However, the issue with Harris is that he doesn't seem enough of a step into a more progressive style rather than the qualities you suggested we look for.

I'm joining the latter.
    What if hes a success we play good football and climb the table?

If it is him, he deserves a chance. We don't know how he has interviewed, or what his ideas are. Mind you maybe a stumbling block is that he has to move from London, where has pretty much been all his life. He's still a name I would not have thought of though.

I'm joining the latter.

If the team is successful the fans will go. As we've seen here, they're not loyal otherwise.
    Since its Mr Tan who's risking his investment , it'll be him who decides what to do and either reaps the benefit or pays the price.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That’s your choice. Fair weather fans are 10 a penny.
    Fair weather cheeky bugger
    I, ve hardly missed a game since 1960

Fair weather cheeky bugger
    I, ve hardly missed a game since 1960
    It’s their little dig. People can’t have opinions and still support the team.

I’ll always want us to do well but you’ll have to drag me kicking and screaming to watch Harris ball after the years of bad football we’ve been served up. Enough is enough.

The board have not got a clue.

The first thing I would do if I bought a firm I knew nothing about was go and get a bloke on board who knew the business inside out to oversee things and to bring those in place up to speed with the knowledge of how things are done.

We just stumble along with businessmen 'playing' the business of football.

It is a recipe for disaster and plain to see for all but the board and decision makers at CCFC.

If the club had any sense at all they would break the bank for a director of football to have a complete overhaul and vision of how to do things at the club. They would also employ a competent young manager with a modern approach and brand of football. If this happened the fans would buy into it and most of all be patient if they could see genuine, long lasting progress was made.

As it is we're getting Warnock Mark II with Tan having a dabble now and again.
    This club just pi$$es me off.

I don’t want Harris but if I think if the board thinks he’ll do a good job they have to appoint him. They can’t bow to the whims of the fans if they think he’s good enough.

But at the same time we don't want an Allardyce type who will want big money, and end up getting paid off when he fails (again).

One thing for sure, Neil 'Bummer' Harris is shaping up to be such an unpopular appointment I cant see him surviving past January if results show no improvement and the style stays the same or worsens.. can foresee some very low crowds as well.