+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No news is Good news.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

No news is Good news.

Despite Wales Online telling us who is going to get the job and when, I suspect that they actually know as much as us, sweet FA. Why WOL pay so much attention to betting is very lazy journalism.

If Harris is 'nailed on' for the job, he would have been employed by now.

I suspect that the Cardiff hierarchy will be looking carefully at all options, hence the 72 hour deadline passing.

Re: No news is Good news.

I listened to BBC Wales talking about it last night. Chris Wathan says that Harris has support from some members of the board but that it’s not a definite but they way Jason Perry was talking and he didn’t seem overly positive about it but Harris being appointed was almost a foregone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    I listened to BBC Wales talking about it last night. Chris Wathan says that Harris has support from some members of the board but that it’s not a definite but they way Jason Perry was talking and he didn’t seem overly positive about it but Harris being appointed was almost a foregone conclusion.
    I’d imagine Jason Perry has a better idea than WOL

Hopefully he has gone to Leyton orient. He will be more suited there

The 2 possibilities are

- certain members are cooling on Harris having been informed of the reaction of the fans and at least want to see what else is out there.

OR

- this was all signed and sealed weeks ago and the club aren't even looking and they never were. The delay is to keep up the pretence they were looking themselves and they haven't appointed harris just because warnock told them to.

I expect many out of work managers would have thrown their hat in the ring over the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    I expect many out of work managers would have thrown their hat in the ring over the last few days.
    That's what I think. Harris was done,but one or two big names have come out of the woodwork.

I suspect the threat of a 3 window transfer ban hanging over us may be delaying any appointment.
    Why would any manager accept the job if they know they cant sign anyone for a season and a half?
    Last edited by The Bloop; 16-11-19 at 13:10. Reason: .

Could the Board be waiting for Giggs to get the last two qualifiers out of the way? It's just that Tan and Dalman love a big name.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I suspect the threat of a 3 window transfer ban hanging over us may be delaying any appointment.
    Why would any manager accept the job if they know they cant sign anyone for a season and a half?
    If we did have a 3 window ban what a get out of jail free card to play for a manager with a lucrative 3 year contract.

The new managers plane hasn’t landed yet

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The new managers plane hasn’t landed yet