+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: AZERBAIJAN 0 - 2 WALES

Re: FT: AZERBAIJAN 0 - 2 WALES

Come on Croatia!

I bet that somewhere in Azerbaijan that 'handball' is still being replayed.

Ethan Ampadu stats vs Azerbaijan:

87 minutes played
    4 tackles
    2 shots blocked
    4 ground duels won
    72 touches
    55 passes completed (93.2%)

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ethan Ampadu stats vs Azerbaijan:

87 minutes played
    4 tackles
    2 shots blocked
    4 ground duels won
    72 touches
    55 passes completed (93.2%)
    Fouls given away?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Fouls given away?
    Probably one less than WB has had wanks over Ampadu tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Fouls given away?
    He's a defensive midfielder, his job is to protect the defence.

Bale will surely start on Tuesday night. Will both Allen and Ramsey start? Moore will play up top so will both Morrell and Wilson drop to the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    A job well done. If Croatia do their bit tonight we have another nerve tingling game in Tuesday night.

Hennessey. 6 Very little to do
    Roberts. 7 One or two nervy passes but one terrific block
    Lockyer. 6. Solid
    Mepham. 5. Some very poor passing out of defence
    Davies. 7. Solid and good passing out of defence
    Ampadu. 8 Never gives the ball away. Some great blocks and tackles
    Morrell. 9. What a game. Great effort on goal and was everywhere and always took the right option
    Wilson. 8 Excellent set piece delivery. Clever passing. Scored
    Bale. 6. Subdued but still produced at times
    James. 7.Unlucky not to score a worldly. Lovely through pass to Moore
    Moore. 7 Scored. Great holding up. Won loads of headers but could have scored a few more

Ramsey. 7 Heavily involved as our midfield took control
    Motondo. 5. Not a great deal of control to his game
    Vaulks. n/a. Not on long enough
    That is something that became apparent as the game wore on. He looks a tidy player, be good to see him under more pressure though and see if his distribution holds up.

Bale has never been about someone who dominates games, but providing that world class moment that nobody else on the pitch is capable of. We saw that when he made two Azerbaijani defenders look like mugs and played in a brilliant cross for Moore

I don’t think Ramsey will start on Tuesday night. Maybe Allen in for Morrell with Ramsey coming on in the second half when Bale tires.

I’d drop Ampadu for Allen.
    Wilson Moore and Bale up top.
    Morrell Ramsey and Allen in midfield.

Ampadu had a decent game tonight after a ropey first 10 but didn’t show anything to suggest he’s a better option than Allen or Rambo. Morrell had a better game and offered more as well.

Head of heaven, six foot seven, feeeed me till I’m Keiffer Moore!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Dec Andrews take a bow for that tweet

Where have all the Giggs haters gone tonight ! Pity he didn’t get the City job?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Where have all the Giggs haters gone tonight ! Pity he didn’t get the City job?
    Still here. We've so far beaten Slovakia at home, Azerbaijan at home and Azerbaijan away. Do we still mention the Nations League shite? Well done, Giggsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I don’t think Ramsey will start on Tuesday night. Maybe Allen in for Morrell with Ramsey coming on in the second half when Bale tires.
    You could be right, it was made clear before the game that neither player was considered fit enough to play ninety minutes and with another game to be played on Tuersday, they had to be managed carefully. I've been critical of Giggs since he took over, but, for me, he got everything right last night (even if he had some luck with his decision to include Mepham in front of Williams) and handled Bale and Ramsey well.

Here's a rerun of the game if anybody wants a second look.

https://tinyurl.com/tbnnfzv

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Bale has never been about someone who dominates games, but providing that world class moment that nobody else on the pitch is capable of. We saw that when he made two Azerbaijani defenders look like mugs and played in a brilliant cross for Moore
    He's lost half a yard and he doesn't go on those runs anymore, probably due to the muscle injuries he picks up, although i agree with you, he can do something that no other player on the pitch can do at any given moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's lost half a yard and he doesn't go on those runs anymore, probably due to the muscle injuries he picks up, although i agree with you, he can do something that no other player on the pitch can do at any given moment.
    I was reading this morning that Real. are going to try and offload him , again, to Manure for Pogba in January. If there is anything in this and it should happen, it will be interesting to see exactly what he has left in him in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    I was reading this morning that Real. are going to try and offload him , again, to Manure for Pogba in January. If there is anything in this and it should happen, it will be interesting to see exactly what he has left in him in the PL.
    Read that too, they’ve got Martial James and others that can play there that are younger and on smaller wages. I wouldn’t go for Bale if I were united.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Read that too, they’ve got Martial James and others that can play there that are younger and on smaller wages. I wouldn’t go for Bale if I were united.
    Damn right, we need him👍