You are going to have a job on your hands to prove the doubters wrong, including me. But you are in it now , please get the ball down and get players playing to their ability. Warnockball is not the way, Good Luck.

The ex-Millwall boss, 42, has signed until the summer of 2022 and replaces Neil Warnock, 70, after he parted company with the club last week.

Harris will be joined by his former Millwall assistant David Livermore, while coaches James Rowberry and Andy Dibble will remain at the club.

However, first-team coach Ronnie Jepson and Warnock's assistant manager Kevin Blackwell will leave.

Rowberry will take over as first-team coach at the Championship side, while Dibble continues as goalkeeping coach.

Harris' first game in charge will be the trip to Charlton Athletic on Saturday, 23 November and he will make his home debut three days later when the Bluebirds host Stoke City.

Cardiff owner Tan Sri Vincent Tan said: "I am pleased to appoint Neil as first team manager of the club.

"I have full confidence in Neil due to his principles on and off the pitch and enthusiasm to succeed. I am glad to offer him this opportunity and look forward to seeing what he is capable of achieving with Cardiff City."