+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good luck Neil, Welcome to Cardiff

Good luck Neil, Welcome to Cardiff

You are going to have a job on your hands to prove the doubters wrong, including me. But you are in it now , please get the ball down and get players playing to their ability. Warnockball is not the way, Good Luck.

The ex-Millwall boss, 42, has signed until the summer of 2022 and replaces Neil Warnock, 70, after he parted company with the club last week.

Harris will be joined by his former Millwall assistant David Livermore, while coaches James Rowberry and Andy Dibble will remain at the club.

However, first-team coach Ronnie Jepson and Warnock's assistant manager Kevin Blackwell will leave.

Rowberry will take over as first-team coach at the Championship side, while Dibble continues as goalkeeping coach.

Harris' first game in charge will be the trip to Charlton Athletic on Saturday, 23 November and he will make his home debut three days later when the Bluebirds host Stoke City.

Cardiff owner Tan Sri Vincent Tan said: "I am pleased to appoint Neil as first team manager of the club.

"I have full confidence in Neil due to his principles on and off the pitch and enthusiasm to succeed. I am glad to offer him this opportunity and look forward to seeing what he is capable of achieving with Cardiff City."

Re: Good luck Neil, Welcome to Cardiff

F.uck off Neil you are a waste of time and not wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Dear me, that's a bit drastic!

He`s in for 3 years , I doubt he was anybodys first choice, Warnocks poison continues to haunt us if indeed he influenced the appointment. It becomes even clearer the board are clueless and deserve any grief they get. It aint the fault of Neil Harris is it?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    He`s in for 3 years , I doubt he was anybodys first choice, Warnocks poison continues to haunt us if indeed he influenced the appointment. It becomes even clearer the board are clueless and deserve any grief they get. It aint the fault of Neil Harris is it?
    3 years ..gone by christmas hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Dear me, that's a bit drastic!
    I feel the same.

Gonna take some drastic changes to his turgid style and a few wins to turn my head.

Has a manager ever been this disliked before coming to a club?

3 years ..gone by christmas hopefully.
    He lasted 3 games last time, I think it may be the same this time

No more stupid long throw ins please!!!

This

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I feel the same.

Gonna take some drastic changes to his turgid style and a few wins to turn my head.

Has a manager ever been this disliked before coming to a club?
    Yes , Warnock. Horrible gobshite.

Glad Dibble is staying.

As for Harris I hope that fans, even those who don’t think he’s a good appointment, get behind him and give him a chance.

His selection next Saturday should be interesting. Especially what he does with Tomlin, Murphy and the strikers ( not much choice there)

We’ve got £20m of players not starting at the moment in Glatzel, Murphy and Madine.

Can he get anything like our money’s worth out of them ?

Which keeper starts? Etheridge looks a shadow of last season’s player.

Which Centre half’s as all 4 are fit now ?

Positives of Harris

- good track record at Millwall
    - showed great courage dealing with his testicular cancer
    - should be able to work with what he’s got as can organise a physical side

Negatives

- for many he’s too much like Warnock with his teams set up
    - not a big name

3 pretty tough games coming up so it’s going to be tough for him.

Diabolical signing, plays worse football than even Warnock. Not going down there again this year to watch that shit football being served up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Glad Dibble is staying.

As for Harris I hope that fans, even those who don’t think he’s a good appointment, get behind him and give him a chance.

His selection next Saturday should be interesting. Especially what he does with Tomlin, Murphy and the strikers ( not much choice there)

We’ve got £20m of players not starting at the moment in Glatzel, Murphy and Madine.

Positives of Harris

Negatives

- not a big name

Biggest negative, walked away from us after 3 games

Glad Dibble is staying.

Positives of Harris

Negatives

- not a big name

For many he’s too much like Warnock.

You suggesting some think he isn’t??

I’m glad he beat cancer as well, really am, but how’s that a positive for our football club?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He was only here on temp loan , got an offer from Forest and he went there, can`t hold that against him. And he scored quicker than Ronnie Moore

He was only here on temp loan , got an offer from Forest and he went there, can`t hold that against him. And he scored quicker than Ronnie Moore
    An 18 month contact was on the table, Forest offered a 30 month contract and he left without so much as a goodbye or thank you

For a 2 and a half year deal at Forest when we were on our arses.

Can you blame him ?

Agreed, not the fault of Harris but really shows the complete lack of football knowledge at board level.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Diabolical signing, plays worse football than even Warnock. Not going down there again this year to watch that shit football being served up.
    Would you have stayed had Warnock not left?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    For many he’s too much like Warnock.

You suggesting some think he isn’t??

I’m glad he beat cancer as well, really am, but how’s that a positive for our football club?
    To be honest I think that’s open as many will hardly have seen his team play. And there will still be plenty who are happy with a manager like Warnock, considering the success he brought.

The thing about cancer shows he’s a fighter. He could have just retired after that but it points to a man who won’t back down in adversity.

Personally he wouldn’t have been my first choice, but also not the last either.

But I’m certainly willing to give him a chance as I always try to do with people. 👍

Charlton, Stoke, Forest, Barnsley and Leeds is a fairly tough run of fixtures to start with, big pressure on the Barnsley and Stoke games as I can't see us getting points in any of the other games

An 18 month contact was on the table, Forest offered a 30 month contract and he left without so much as a goodbye or thank you
    You neglected to mention it was a 30 month contract with higher wages.

For a 2 and a half year deal at Forest when we were on our arses.

Can you blame him ?
    Of course not, people should be venting their frustration towards the board not NH ,MD and co. might have shot themselves in the foot again, but that isn`t the fault of NH.

You are going to have a job on your hands to prove the doubters wrong, including me. But you are in it now , please get the ball down and get players playing to their ability. Warnockball is not the way, Good Luck.

The ex-Millwall boss, 42, has signed until the summer of 2022 and replaces Neil Warnock, 70, after he parted company with the club last week.

Harris will be joined by his former Millwall assistant David Livermore, while coaches James Rowberry and Andy Dibble will remain at the club.

However, first-team coach Ronnie Jepson and Warnock's assistant manager Kevin Blackwell will leave.

Rowberry will take over as first-team coach at the Championship side, while Dibble continues as goalkeeping coach.

Harris' first game in charge will be the trip to Charlton Athletic on Saturday, 23 November and he will make his home debut three days later when the Bluebirds host Stoke City.

Cardiff owner Tan Sri Vincent Tan said: "I am pleased to appoint Neil as first team manager of the club.

"I have no idea who he is, but comes highly recommended by our previous manager. Choo and Dalman will continue to ensure that our accounts are up to date. He may even achieve surprise us all and something at Cardiff City."
    Edited for you....

To be honest I think that’s open as many will hardly have seen his team play. And there will still be plenty who are happy with a manager like Warnock, considering the success he brought.

The thing about cancer shows he’s a fighter. He could have just retired after that but it points to a man who won’t back down in adversity.

Personally he wouldn’t have been my first choice, but also not the last either.

But I’m certainly willing to give him a chance as I always try to do with people. 👍
    Plenty of people go back to their low paying normal jobs after beating cancer, fantastic by each and every one of them.

Not sure how that’s a positive for our football club.