+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good luck Neil, Welcome to Cardiff

Re: Good luck Neil, Welcome to Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You neglected to mention it was a 30 month contract with higher wages.
    People who want to stay somewhere, negotiate. He just didn’t turn up.

That’s “negotiate”, as in I’ve been offered this elsewhere, what you offering !

He showed a lack of respect

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Edited for you....
    Lets be honest here, Warnock has probably made a recommendation to his mate Vincent, and as MD and Choo do not have a clue or the contacts to be proactive in the appointment of a new manager, they have lazily gone for an easy option. I don`t have a problem with NH, but this is not the appointment of an ambitious club. I hope they trust somebody enough yo appoint a DOF ASAP because they are looking a bit silly at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    People who want to stay somewhere, negotiate. He just didn’t turn up.

That’s “negotiate”, as in I’ve been offered this elsewhere, what you offering !

He showed a lack of respect
    "The financial outlay and commitment was too great for us. We could match Forest's salary, but the issue was the length of contract. We thought two and half years was too long, it's as simple as that. Forest went to Millwall and sorted out what needed to be sorted. They even paid Neil a few quid that he was owed by Millwall. I spoke to Neil's agent and he said Neil loved Cardiff and he loved the players here, but Forest were offering a two-and-a-half year deal. We tried to make an 18-month package as attractive by putting incentives into it but it was doomed. These days it's not just about money, it's also about the length of contract. You can't blame the boy for taking what Forest offered him. I don't blame him and I wish him well. When you're offered a two-and-half year contract on the money Forest were offering, you're going to take it."

Cardiff City manager Lennie Lawrence, 23/12/2004.

"The financial outlay and commitment was too great for us. We could match Forest's salary, but the issue was the length of contract. We thought two and half years was too long, it's as simple as that. Forest went to Millwall and sorted out what needed to be sorted. They even paid Neil a few quid that he was owed by Millwall. I spoke to Neil's agent and he said Neil loved Cardiff and he loved the players here, but Forest were offering a two-and-a-half year deal. We tried to make an 18-month package as attractive by putting incentives into it but it was doomed. These days it's not just about money, it's also about the length of contract. You can't blame the boy for taking what Forest offered him. I don't blame him and I wish him well. When you're offered a two-and-half year contract on the money Forest were offering, you're going to take it."

Thanks for trying to clear that up

You really are sad

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Thanks for trying to clear that up

You really are sad
    I won't say what you are, it's a public message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    F.uck off Neil you are a waste of time and not wanted.
    Is that all Neils ?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Diabolical signing, plays worse football than even Warnock. Not going down there again this year to watch that shit football being served up.
    City till I die then ?

You neglected to mention it was a 30 month contract with higher wages.
    Yep , you pays the money you gets yer man , we didnt compete for him , what do folk
    expect him to do, refuse a full contract and wage , and stay for less and onna loan, lol ??.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    City till I die then ?
    Why can’t people vote with their feet? Why does that make them not fans? If it was the first time I’d understand, but this is adding to 5 years of really shit football and people are entitled to be pissed off and not have people like you run them down for it. We all pay good money/invest our time in the club and are all entitled to an opinion, and to vote against the shite we are being served up by not watching games.

Wasn't that the season we sold Earnie and Kavanagh as we didn't have a pot to piss in as well?

I will turn to games and support the team who has been selected, but I will not get behind this manager I will not boo him just won’t mention his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Wasn't that the season we sold Earnie and Kavanagh as we didn't have a pot to piss in as well?
    Indeed, but be careful - you'll be accused of being sad if you point out the realities of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yep, 2004 part of Sam s clearout.

ye gods....what a disaster.......a few more years in the wilderness.....where is the AMBITION?????

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    You are going to have a job on your hands to prove the doubters wrong, including me. But you are in it now , please get the ball down and get players playing to their ability. Warnockball is not the way, Good Luck.

The ex-Millwall boss, 42, has signed until the summer of 2022 and replaces Neil Warnock, 70, after he parted company with the club last week.

Harris will be joined by his former Millwall assistant David Livermore, while coaches James Rowberry and Andy Dibble will remain at the club.

However, first-team coach Ronnie Jepson and Warnock's assistant manager Kevin Blackwell will leave.

Rowberry will take over as first-team coach at the Championship side, while Dibble continues as goalkeeping coach.

Harris' first game in charge will be the trip to Charlton Athletic on Saturday, 23 November and he will make his home debut three days later when the Bluebirds host Stoke City.

Cardiff owner Tan Sri Vincent Tan said: "I am pleased to appoint Neil as first team manager of the club.

"I have full confidence in Neil due to his principles on and off the pitch and enthusiasm to succeed. I am glad to offer him this opportunity and look forward to seeing what he is capable of achieving with Cardiff City."
    Not an appointment that excites me, but best of luck to him and hopefully a lot of us will be proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not an appointment that excites me, but best of luck to him and hopefully a lot of us will be proved wrong.
    I think a lot of us feel the same way, the club have not done themselves any favours here, or NH.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You won’t be surprised that I echo your thoughts “Bob”! Am more than happy for him to prove me wrong !
    Hopefully being an ex-striker he will be able to improve our strikers and/or find one who knows where the net is on a regular basis.

I'd rather have a manager who comes with little expectation and then does well, than a big name with huge expectation who fails. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I'd rather have a manager who comes with little expectation and then does well, than a big name with huge expectation who fails. Time will tell.
    You have a point.

If we don’t hoof it and play better than what we were getting (before Bristol) a few will come round.

If we hoof it and the results are bad then I can only imagine the reaction.

I am happy to have DML and his army throw it in my face if it means things improve, if the football improves I’ll not scream and shout immediately and give the fella time, he’s ****ed if it’s hoof it from the start though.

The problem Harris has is he was favourite from minute 1. Warnock clearly wanted him.

None of us have any confidence the board would have been able (or could be bothered) to appoint a manager so they just asked warnock who should replace him on his way out and went with that.

I bet they didn't even speak to or about anyone else.

[QUOTE=tforturton;5021645]Dear me, that's a bit drastic![/QUOTE

Truth hurts. Still truth though.