+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cheap is cheap

Cheap is cheap

But best of all cheap is cheap

Re: Cheap is cheap

Probably ain’t paying the Sala fee.

Transfer ban looming.

Shite manager that can work with **** all money appointed.

Russel Slade all over again.

**** off.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Shite manager that can work with **** all money appointed.
    I can completely understand fans being underwhelmed by the Harris appointment, but I don't think it's fair to describe him as a shite manager. He did well enough at Millwall with very limited resources. No doubt he'll be expected by Tan and Co to do the same here.

I don't think a single City fan would have marked Harris down as the next Bluebirds boss when he quit Millwall in October and I reckon anyone who claims they saw this coming before his name was linked on Monday is lying, but it looks very much to me like the club will be under a transfer embargo soon. Therefore, Harris could be a decent short-term appointment under the circumstances. After all, the current team is unlikely to improve significantly without reinforcements. If those are not going to be forthcoming, then maybe someone who can galvanise the current mob is the best fans can hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I can completely understand fans being underwhelmed by the Harris appointment, but I don't think it's fair to describe him as a shite manager. He did well enough at Millwall with very limited resources. No doubt he'll be expected by Tan and Co to do the same here.

I don't think a single City fan would have marked Harris down as the next Bluebirds boss when he quit Millwall in October and I reckon anyone who claims they saw this coming before his name was linked on Monday is lying, but it looks very much to me like the club will be under a transfer embargo soon. Therefore, Harris could be a decent short-term appointment under the circumstances. After all, the current team is unlikely to improve significantly without reinforcements. If those are not going to be forthcoming, then maybe someone who can galvanise the current mob is the best fans can hope for.
    Good point, decent manager for a smaller club, that plays shite football.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Good point, decent manager for a smaller club, that plays shite football.
    It wouldn't matter who was going to manage manage the current bunch, I don't think they'd improve greatly. Warnock got some key signings badly wrong both last year and this, and as a result the squad is limited to put it kindly. If the new manager is going to be unable to sign anyone, then perhaps somebody who is used to working with similar players in similar circumstances is the best bet. It's not exciting and it's not encouraging for the long term, but it may actually be the most sensible option in the short term. I think the appointment of James Rowberry as first team coach is a significant clue to the way this is going.

I’m being positive lol
    Just had a pony on us getting promoted- 9/1 on Betfair ⚽️😃👍

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Or we're going to pay the transfer fee and there is no insurance cover.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Or we're going to pay the transfer fee and there is no insurance cover.
    Possible I guess, but either way Harris looks like a cut-price option who won't have needed any promises about transfer budgets to come here.