+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: unlikely i know but......

unlikely i know but......

if VT gave Neil Harris £30 mil to spend in Jan would it change your mind about Harris?

Re: unlikely i know but......

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    if VT gave Neil Harris £30 mil to spend in Jan would it change your mind about Harris?
    Why would it? He’s going to play shit football and buy players to play shit football.

No.

Harris shouldn't be given a transfer budget that could sink the club if not spent correctly. A DOF is desperately needed

We needed a manager that could change the whole ethos of the club from under 8 to first team not a manager out of the same mold as Warnock continuing with the hoofball.

gonna be kicking ourself come christmas when normally a handful of managers join the dole queue from there respected rolls...

If he's given funds - which to be fair he's never had - he needs to address 3 areas. Midfield, defense and attack lol. Wee buns

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    We needed a manager that could change the whole ethos of the club from under 8 to first team not a manager out of the same mold as Warnock continuing with the hoofball.
    Utter shit as usual from the club. I bet Warnock was instrumental in Harris' appointment, Choo and Dalman doing as they're told. Warnock probably received a consultancy fee while Dalman was being emotional over Warnock leaving. Shit Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Utter shit as usual from the club. I bet Warnock was instrumental in Harris' appointment, Choo and Dalman doing as they're told. Warnock probably received a consultancy fee while Dalman was being emotional over Warnock leaving. Shit Club.

Here here.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    No.

Harris shouldn't be given a transfer budget that could sink the club if not spent correctly. A DOF is desperately needed
    Pulis as DoF?

£30 mil is nothing.

That couldn’t buy you murphy, Reid, madine and Cunningham.

Harris is here for the same reason slade was appointed it seems.

Yes what is frustrating is that is exactly how it seems from the outside.

I.e that they couldn’t even be arsed looking for a manager so just asked warnock on his way out and went with that. Like when Trollope was appointed a few years ago.

Warnock was an exception I suppose but he’s managed about 20 clubs so it wouldn’t take a genius to think of him.

When Malky was appointed it felt like they had taken it seriously. Hughton was interviewed- shearer was 1/50 on as named as manager in the press. Then Malky was announced.

This doesn’t feel like any sort of process at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Here here.
    Or hear hear even 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    When Malky was appointed it felt like they had taken it seriously. Hughton was interviewed- shearer was 1/50 on as named as manager in the press. Then Malky was announced.

This doesn’t feel like any sort of process at all.
    It wasn’t a process was it? Harris was out of work - no fee, and he was more than likely recommended by Warnock for someone who could takeover with little change on the playing front as Tan, Dalman etc wouldn’t have a clue who he was otherwise. It’s like Glenn Roder’s recommendation of Slade.

I think it has to do with Sala transfer, and either we’ve got to pay the £15m from the bottom line rather than through insurance or we’re going to be under a transfer embargo.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Pulis as DoF?
    We certainly need a DOF to sort out Academy and incoming transfers.One of our Academy rejects Tom Lockyer had a great game for Wales tonight!

While this appointment is underwhelming you’d think that VT is out of order for not parachuting Mourinho into the hot seat with £500 million in his back pocket.

Has anybody thought that perhaps we need to start cutting cloth again after NW’s overspend and the due Sala payment?

I’ve read just about every linked manager getting ridiculed. When did we become entitled? What I haven’t read is who exactly we should employ and how they would set about playing slick passing football with our present squad. So please tell me how this would work. Remember Trollope and the Wales way? Like it or not we need some kind of continuity and, if NH is the “hoofball merchant” that the experts on here are confidently predicting, then surely that’s not so far of the target. We need to avoid getting drawn into a relegation battle and isn’t that precisely what NW did for us with his “hoofball”?Be careful what you all wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    While this appointment is underwhelming you’d think that VT is out of order for not parachuting Mourinho into the hot seat with £500 million in his back pocket.

Has anybody thought that perhaps we need to start cutting cloth again after NW’s overspend and the due Sala payment?

I’ve read just about every linked manager getting ridiculed. When did we become entitled? What I haven’t read is who exactly we should employ and how they would set about playing slick passing football with our present squad. So please tell me how this would work. Remember Trollope and the Wales way? Like it or not we need some kind of continuity and, if NH is the “hoofball merchant” that the experts on here are confidently predicting, then surely that’s not so far of the target. We need to avoid getting drawn into a relegation battle and isn’t that precisely what NW did for us with his “hoofball”?Be careful what you all wish for.
    Trying to overhaul the way the team plays in the middle of the season with the current squad would be a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    Or hear hear even 🙄