+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carry On Regardless

Carry On Regardless

Understandably the majority are underwhelmed by the appointment, me included, but talk of wrapping it in is a bit over the top in my opinion. Harris is in a bit of a ‘no lose’ situation, fans expecting the same turgid football we’ve come accustomed to, so if it is it’s no shock. If we up our game and start to try and play a bit it can, however grudgingly, only improve his standing. He’s here now, all the moaning & groaning isn’t going to change anything just yet, may as well go with the flow for a while, he can’t be worse than Father Dougal (Solskjær) who to be fair was, perhaps, the biggest ‘football name’ we’ve ever had.

Re: Carry On Regardless

starring Sid James, Kenneth Williams, Charles Hawtrey, Joan Sims, Kenneth Connor, Peter Butterworth, Hattie Jacques, Terry Scott, Bernard Bresslaw, Barbara Windsor,

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    starring Sid James, Kenneth Williams, Charles Hawtrey, Joan Sims, Kenneth Connor, Peter Butterworth, Hattie Jacques, Terry Scott, Bernard Bresslaw, Barbara Windsor,
    Ah, reminds me of the old Sunderland jibe....... Carry on Football at Sid James Park.......oooooh matron!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ah, reminds me of the old Sunderland jibe....... Carry on Football at Sid James Park.......oooooh matron!
    More like carry on reward less with Harris at the helm
    Hopefully he will be gone within 10 games, we've just wasted the season with this appointment

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Hopefully he will be gone within 10 games, we've just wasted the season with this appointment
    If that happens they we are probably going to be relegated.

Is the answer to a pub quiz question - name the first Carry On film not to have a job title in its name

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Is the answer to a pub quiz question - name the first Carry On film not to have a job title in its name
    Carry on Up The Penrhiwceiber?

Understandably the majority are underwhelmed by the appointment, me included, but talk of wrapping it in is a bit over the top in my opinion. Harris is in a bit of a ‘no lose’ situation, fans expecting the same turgid football we’ve come accustomed to, so if it is it’s no shock. If we up our game and start to try and play a bit it can, however grudgingly, only improve his standing. He’s here now, all the moaning & groaning isn’t going to change anything just yet, may as well go with the flow for a while, he can’t be worse than Father Dougal (Solskjær) who to be fair was, perhaps, the biggest ‘football name’ we’ve ever had.
    That's the first time I've heard him called father Dougal..... Brilliant description

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    That's the first time I've heard him called father Dougal..... Brilliant description
    Have a look at him on the bench, there’s the old think clouds coming out of his head, sheep jumping over fences, seagulls flying over Penarth, it’s all there.

Heisenberg

Have a look at him on the bench, there’s the old think clouds coming out of his head, sheep jumping over fences, seagulls flying over Penarth, it’s all there.

via GIFER

Hopefully we win the next 10 games and get promoted. What's wrong with you?

at your convenience?

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Hopefully we win the next 10 games and get promoted. What's wrong with you?
    I always want us to win every game, my point is this appointment is a poor one!!! and we will regret it, there was a real opportunity for the club to identify and employ a young progressive coach or manager that could move the whole club on from the turgid hoofball that we have watched over the last season or so.

A caretaker manager could have been installed whilst that search was conducted and we really identified the right candidate.

If the board wanted a safe pair of hands who would introduce some exciting attacking flair they could have gone for Hughton or Adkins.

I'd love to be proved wrong and Harris turns us into a team that can challenge at the top end of the table and excite us as a fan base, but there is little evidence of Harris playing that type of football.

He wasn't good enough for Millwall so what makes you think he will be for us?

Will I give the team 100 percent support, of course I will as I have done since first going down the City in 1971

So to answer your question what's wrong with me? Nothing other than I care passionately about the City

You can't put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. and what ever way it's dressed up this is a poor appointment and the club have missed a trick
    However if we win the next 10 games I will be happy to have been proved wrong

😂😂👍

I always want us to win every game, my point is this appointment is a poor one!!! and we will regret it, there was a real opportunity for the club to identify and employ a young progressive coach or manager that could move the whole club on from the turgid hoofball that we have watched over the last season or so.

A caretaker manager could have been installed whilst that search was conducted and we really identified the right candidate.

If the board wanted a safe pair of hands who would introduce some exciting attacking flair they could have gone for Hughton or Adkins.

I'd love to be proved wrong and Harris turns us into a team that can challenge at the top end of the table and excite us as a fan base, but there is little evidence of Harris playing that type of football.

He wasn't good enough for Millwall so what makes you think he will be for us?

Will I give the team 100 percent support, of course I will as I have done since first going down the City in 1971

So to answer your question what's wrong with me? Nothing other than I care passionately about the City

You can't put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. and what ever way it's dressed up this is a poor appointment and the club have missed a trick
    However if we win the next 10 games I will be happy to have been proved wrong
    Not like you to be negative, so that’s a worry for me.

Hughes exciting ??
    Don’t know about that.

Adkins was my choice. The perfect match. But then there was this knee jerk reaction about needing a young manager.
    So I’m guessing that’s why he wasn’t considered ( unless he just wasn’t interested )

Harris is here now, so for me he’s the next Alex Ferguson. 🙂

Saying that I’d bet he’d either not have got the Man U job or been sacked in 3 months in the current football climate.

Fair enough olderblue. That's your opinion and I do hope we are surprised in a good way come May.

The one thing I would say about Harris is that he was highly effective for most of his time at Millwall. Even the best managers look bad when the players underperform.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Not like you to be negative, so that’s a worry for me.

Hughes exciting ??
    Don’t know about that.

Adkins was my choice. The perfect match. But then there was this knee jerk reaction about needing a young manager.
    So I’m guessing that’s why he wasn’t considered ( unless he just wasn’t interested )

Harris is here now, so for me he’s the next Alex Ferguson. ��

Saying that I’d bet he’d either not have got the Man U job or been sacked in 3 months in the current football climate.
    Chris Hughton Tim had a great record eithh Brighton in the Championship, I'm sure they were the leagues highest scorers
    I used to work with a couple of Millwall fans and both of them were very derogatory about the style of football played and the fact that the players under Harris would treat the ball like it was a hot potato, passing to someone wearing the same coloured shirt was a rarity and exciting creative players never made the first eleven.
    There biggest gripe was that Harris never ever tried to change so it was more of the same
    My fear is it will be like, meet the new boss, same as the old one