+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How much do you think the 18 month transfer ban or the £15 million have to do with it?

How much do you think the 18 month transfer ban or the £15 million have to do with it?

Been mentioned a few times but not much.

If one of those things does happen (and I'd say the 18 month transfer ban is more likely) then Harris makes sense?

Just looking at a positive.......

Re: How much do you think the 18 month transfer ban or the £15 million have to do with it?

Who knows. I don't know the ins and outs of the Sala situation and the transfer fee but what does seem evident is the completely amateur way it was dealt with concerning the travel arrangements and the involvement with that Crook banned agent who shouldn't have been anywhere near it. I find it hard to believe that the club didn't know that he was involved, or atleast somebody high profile at the club and he was allowed through his son to make arrangements on both clubs behalf. A 15 million pound asset being led by a crook who seemed desperate for his 'cut' and the club were oblivious to this? What a mess.

Re: How much do you think the 18 month transfer ban or the £15 million have to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Who knows. I don't know the ins and outs of the Sala situation and the transfer fee but what does seem evident is the completely amateur way it was dealt with concerning the travel arrangements and the involvement with that Crook banned agent who shouldn't have been anywhere near it. I find it hard to believe that the club didn't know that he was involved, or atleast somebody high profile at the club and he was allowed through his son to make arrangements on both clubs behalf. A 15 million pound asset being led by a crook who seemed desperate for his 'cut' and the club were oblivious to this? What a mess.
    Yeah but in the immediate future as we show no sign of paying any money at all- its going to be an 18 month transfer ban. Maybe that reduced the clubs options somewhat?

I'm guessing that Warnock was told after the FIFA ruling that there won't be any players bought in January because either we're expecting a transfer ban or we're going to pay the fee and there is no insurance cover. He knows the team isn't good enough to get promoted this season without reinforcements, so he decided to walk away. The board asked him to stay on while they appoint his replacement and he agreed, but his heart wasn't in it and our form suffered accordingly.

Obviously this is entirely baseless speculation, but the timing fits. The FIFA ruling was at the end of September, there was an international window at the beginning of October, and we've played like crap since then.

Does anyone reckon Warnock may have had connections with the travel arrangements given his (obvious) close relationship with McKay?

Perhaps Tan was at least uncomfortable with Warnocks dodgy dealings with his own son and some questionable contracts issued to Mckays sons.