+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I知 embarrassed by the attitude of City fans on here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I知 embarrassed by the attitude of City fans on here

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I agree op. Its not an inspiring or exciting appointment but was it ever likely to be?

I'm sure most will get behind the new Neil but some of the comments on here are a little embarrassing. Bar two short stints in the PL we have generally achieved **** all, we aren't Fulham lads.

Both recent promotions coming under managers that the current ownership hired. I'll give Harris the benefit of the doubt, not that he needs it or would care.
    Why shouldn't it be? Why can't we aim high? Why shouldn't we expect more? Anything Leicester can do, we can do. Anything.

Yet another opportunity to progress and we ****ed it up. Again and again. We should be hiring a manager that can take us to the EPL and KEEP us there. Cardiff is a top city. South Wales is an amazing place. We provided the coal and the steel that fueled an empire for someone else. It's time we got ours.

Re: I知 embarrassed by the attitude of City fans on here

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why shouldn't it be? Why can't we aim high? Why shouldn't we expect more? Anything Leicester can do, we can do. Anything.

Yet another opportunity to progress and we ****ed it up. Again and again. We should be hiring a manager that can take us to the EPL and KEEP us there. Cardiff is a top city. South Wales is an amazing place. We provided the coal and the steel that fueled an empire for someone else. It's time we got ours.
    I wonder what Leicester fans thought in 2008 when they brought in Nigel Pearson? He was a failure 9 years previously at Carlisle and, bar a few brief caretaker cameos, was a flop for a short stint at Southampton. He had managed a total of 22 games in 9 years after leaving Carlisle.

Leicester were a side in freefall and had dropped into League 1. I dare say Pearson would have been considered a cheap option given his limited experience and poor form when manager.

He won immediate promotion back to the Championship and promotion back to the Premier League within another 5 seasons (taking almost 18 months out to manage Hull City).

Pearson had a relatively poor record wherever else he went, but at Leicester did a good job building the team. He laid many of the foundations for their unexpecter Premier League triumph the season after he left.

My point being that we'll never know if a manager will do well or not at a certain club. I would expect many Leicester fans to have been disappointed with Pearson's appointment, but left as a popular manager.