+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I’m embarrassed by the attitude of City fans on here

Re: I’m embarrassed by the attitude of City fans on here

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well said original poster

Some of the comments about the new manager of our football club are pathetic and deserve to be on the south Wales branch forum of man united

Some of our fans sound like spoilt brats

Come on city , good luck Neil Harris

Bluebirds ! Bluebirds !
    Sludge, you’re stuck in a time warp. Still think we are that third or fourth division yo-yo club of the 80s and 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Reading fans including myself were pretty hacked off with the appointment of Mark Bowen. Four games and ten points later it’s all gone a bit quiet. Harris surely deserves a chance.
    Here he comes, the condescending Reading fan telling Cardiff fans how they should think.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    This is pathetic given the money we’ve spent over the last 2 years our expectations are high, we’re not phucking Wigan.
    To be honest I'd take some of what Wigan fans got to witness over the last 10 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Spot on. I wonder how many supported Man Utd or Liverpool then jumped ship once we became half decent
    Thick comment, people like you in our fanbase seriously do my head in. Can't criticse the club and have to defend them no matter what otherwise you support United or Liverpool on the side, what sort of logic is that?

I agree op. Its not an inspiring or exciting appointment but was it ever likely to be?

I'm sure most will get behind the new Neil but some of the comments on here are a little embarrassing. Bar two short stints in the PL we have generally achieved **** all, we aren't Fulham lads.

Both recent promotions coming under managers that the current ownership hired. I'll give Harris the benefit of the doubt, not that he needs it or would care.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I agree op. Its not an inspiring or exciting appointment but was it ever likely to be?

I'm sure most will get behind the new Neil but some of the comments on here are a little embarrassing. Bar two short stints in the PL we have generally achieved **** all, we aren't Fulham lads.

Both recent promotions coming under managers that the current ownership hired. I'll give Harris the benefit of the doubt, not that he needs it or would care.
    Why shouldn't it be inspiring or exciting?

You’ll love Harris Sludge.
    Blood and thunder (shite) football.
    Expect a big money bid for Willie Boland come January .

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Here he comes, the condescending Reading fan telling Cardiff fans how they should think.
    I think Pearcey posts very well on this board,he can have an opinion.

This after how many managers though?
    It’s been a joke and it may still go tits up but you just don’t know how it’s going to pan out. Reading fans were singing Gomes praises in May. By start of October a lot wanted him out. It’s the way of things these days.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Nah not telling anybody what to think. You seem opinionated enough to ignore what I have to say anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm the same as you. We've had shit football from Warnock for two years, and my argument when we were winning while playing like it that it wasn't sustainable, i then had someone on here compare the way we play with Leicester during their premier league champions season-i kid you not. Well, it wasn't sustainable, but it's difficult to argue that point when things are going well results wise.
    Vaguely remember that Leicester comparison

People can call me all the names they want and make claims about how I’m not a fan, but I agree it wasn’t a sustainable model and the team has gradually gotten older with a 100000 metre tall 100 metre deep wall for any youth to run through before getting a sniff of the first team. I’m not moaning because we were relegated, I’m moaning because (slower than a few others) I realised what Warnock was doing wasn’t good for the club and the football was awful.

Now we have a mini Warnock, the men in charge at the club have shown they clearly don’t care about the fans too.
    Don’t get me wrong, I know we can’t have a say in who they appointed, but you’d think they’d take at least a SLIGHT bit of notice of the whispers they were getting on social media and the boards, they’re lazy and incompetent and haven’t got a ****ing clue (football wise)
    I’ll accept they have done well financially overall, but they still haven’t learned, I’d we need to take a cheap option MONTHS into the season then WHY let the manager that’s on his way out waste money “having a go” as he likes to put it. Makes no sense. So yeah.. back to the incompetent part...

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I think Pearcey posts very well on this board,he can have an opinion.
    Cheers Jeeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

I don’t give a flying **** if Harris promotes us (if it’s playing hoofball) and that’s the point loads are missing. The club are stuck in 1970 for **** sake, some of us want to see the kids come through and not have our heads back for 90 minutes like we’ve got a lead balloon tied to the back of our heads.

I’d take mid table championship for a couple of seasons on the pitch if we improved the football and our whole set up.

**** this quick results nonsense.

Doubly **** it if the footballs shit and we end up mid table or worse.

But we’re “plucky little Cardiff City” and “we’ve a great bunch of lads” who’ll “give it a right go”.
    Be like Burnley? Or is that BURnleY?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    But we’re “plucky little Cardiff City” and “we’ve a great bunch of lads” who’ll “give it a right go”.
    Be like Burnley? Or is that BURnleY?
    That’ll be Hearts now when Neil, Blacky and Jeppo take the job on next week.

OP can do one.

The board have made a crap decision..yet again.

**** em, it’s their enterprise they are hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    Am I excited by the appointment of NH? No, not at all.
    Why, then, do you apparently feel the need to criticise other supporters who feel likewise?

When Neil Harris quit struggling Millwall in early-October, you can bet your bottom dollar there wasn't a single City fan anywhere in the world who was advocating him as Neil Warnock's future replacement, so why should anyone be happy that he's been installed as the new manager a little over a month later?

Personally, in light of the situation the club finds itself in, I think appointing Harris actually makes sense on some levels. However, that doesn't hide the fact that his appointment provides a dose of reality that is both disappointing and uninspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Absolutely, or even if we can see what the manager and club are attempting to implement and trying to bring players through. We can't just whack the ball long and give up possession, it's shit and is found out sooner rather than later, like warnock.
    Goals, saves, big tackles, dribbles, long accurate passes, big headers, crosses, shots = entertaining

More than one way of achieving this.

Or is the more passes. Irrespective of whether it’s sideways, backwards 5 yards or 2 that = more entertaining

Last2 seasons were probably as good as it got for excitement for me at this club, with a ‘dinosaur manager’

The most boring team I’ve seen this season were Fulham.
    All that money, but dragged down with an obsession in playing 1 way.

20 passes around the back followed by a cross field ball gobbled up by our defence, unless Artur gave it away first 😂

You’ve always said you didn’t want to go that far, so wait and see, Harris might just be the next stepping stone toward what you want. His Millwall in the first season were a mix before he lost Saville and Gregory. With the likes of Murphy , Hoillet, Lang, Bennett, Ward and Tomlin he may be able to do more.

I hate to see people written off before they are given a fair chance

A complete change of style would have been disaster and deep down I’m sure everyone feared that.

Anyway that’s me done now, I’ll leave you all to moan amongst yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

I disagree. When they played Cardiff this season, Fulham were ridiculous. It was as if they were frightened to take City on. I don't know whether that was the inexperience of their manager shining through or whether they were worried about what happened the year before when they played down here, but their efforts at the CCS were pathetic. They played into City's hands, which was just as well as they're definitely a more talented team.

I've watched Fulham live on TV twice since that game and they've been much more entertaining. The evidence I've seen suggests they don't usually play like they did when they came here, just as City don't usually play the way they did when they caved in at Reading.

There seems to be no middle ground with you these days. You seem convinced that it's either a choice between Warnock's abysmal tactics or a team that plays the ball across the back and does nothing else. Surely you can see there's a balance to be had here?

As for last season being as good as it gets at this club in terms of excitement, you can't possibly be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Goals, saves, big tackles, dribbles, long accurate passes, big headers, crosses, shots = entertaining

More than one way of achieving this.

Or is the more passes. Irrespective of whether it’s sideways, backwards 5 yards or 2 that = more entertaining

Last2 seasons were probably as good as it got for excitement for me at this club, with a ‘dinosaur manager’

20 passes around the back followed by a cross field ball gobbled up by our defence, unless Artur gave it away first 😂

You’ve always said you didn’t want to go that far, so wait and see, Harris might just be the next stepping stone toward what you want. His Millwall in the first season were a mix before he lost Saville and Gregory. With the likes of Murphy , Hoillet, Lang, Bennett, Ward and Tomlin he may be able to do more.

I hate to see people written off before they are given a fair chance

A complete change of style would have been disaster and deep down I’m sure everyone feared that.

Anyway that’s me done now, I’ll leave you all to moan amongst yourselves.
    Didn’t realise it was a stole cold fact a change in style would be a disaster.

I didn’t fear it, I don’t see us going up this season whatever happens so I was open to a change even if it meant mid table and up and down results.

I’m not writing off the manager, I’m writing off what I’ve seen of his style, I’m sick to the back of my throat of watching us ****ing hoof the ball, send the big men up EVERY set piece, wait for a big thrower to make his way up the pitch for EVERY throw in, rely on big men and set pieces. I’m sick to **** of it.

Let me know if I’ve broken any football club supporting rules by having an opinion.

Sorry defence brigade, I’ve defended OGS, Slade and Trollope and even sides with Warnock when others were calling his football shit, but he broke me in the end and I can’t watch any more anti football.

If Harris mixes it up, great. I’ve got a feeling he’s gonna wanna stay in his job though and the easiest way to do that for him is to make us hard to beat.. if I’m wrong I’m wrong but that to me screams out hoof it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I disagree. When they played Cardiff this season, Fulham were ridiculous. It was as if they were frightened to take City on. I don't know whether that was the inexperience of their manager shining through or whether they were worried about what happened the year before when they played down here, but their efforts at the CCS were pathetic. They played into City's hands, which was just as well as they're definitely a more talented team.

I've watched Fulham live on TV twice since that game and they've been much more entertaining. The evidence I've seen suggests they don't usually play like they did when they came here, just as City don't usually play the way they did when they caved in at Reading.

There seems to be no middle ground with you these days. You seem convinced that it's either a choice between Warnock's abysmal tactics or a team that plays the ball across the back and does nothing else. Surely you can see there's a balance to be had here?

As for last season being as good as it gets at this club in terms of excitement, you can't possibly be serious.
    Bravo.

He said last 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He said last 2 seasons.
    He did. Which I suspect includes last season.

He did. Which I suspect includes last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    **** that, enough's enough. Got behind Trollope and Slade despite knowing deep down they were taking us backwards, this guy will be the same and gone before Feb hopefully. It's a shit and pointless waste of money and time and the club need to called out for it.
    This.

What's embarrassing is people's willingness to bend over and take it like we're not worthy.