Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
Goals, saves, big tackles, dribbles, long accurate passes, big headers, crosses, shots = entertaining

More than one way of achieving this.

Or is the more passes. Irrespective of whether it’s sideways, backwards 5 yards or 2 that = more entertaining

Last2 seasons were probably as good as it got for excitement for me at this club, with a ‘dinosaur manager’

The most boring team I’ve seen this season were Fulham.
All that money, but dragged down with an obsession in playing 1 way.

20 passes around the back followed by a cross field ball gobbled up by our defence, unless Artur gave it away first 😂

You’ve always said you didn’t want to go that far, so wait and see, Harris might just be the next stepping stone toward what you want. His Millwall in the first season were a mix before he lost Saville and Gregory. With the likes of Murphy , Hoillet, Lang, Bennett, Ward and Tomlin he may be able to do more.

I hate to see people written off before they are given a fair chance

A complete change of style would have been disaster and deep down I’m sure everyone feared that.

Anyway that’s me done now, I’ll leave you all to moan amongst yourselves.
Long accurate passes? I hope you're not referring to us-None of them are accurate, how can a 40 yard long ball that is put in the air be accurate, it's impossible. Warnock played percentages, hoping for the knock down or second ball in the final third. I have found the football that we play incredibly frustrating, nearly everything was geared up towards the opposition making a mistake under pressure or one of our wingers getting fouled. Then he brought Glatzel in who has zero ability in protecting the ball.

I'm not writing off Harris, i'm more pissed off with the idiots in the boardroom, Maybe Harris can get that balance between long ball and channels and allowing our midfield to create and move into advanced positions, this isn't about passing the ball about for the sake of it, it's about showing some method and allowing players a bit of freedom to express themselves at the right time, that's not a revolutionary concept, it's basic stuff. We find ourselves where we are because of the way Warnock plays, to give him credit, we ended up in the Premier league because of how he played, but like i said, it's not sustainable, it gets found out and we've almost ended up (playing wise) where we were when he came here. We haven't made much progress and that's because of the football.

I'm behind Harris even though i didn't want him. I hope that he can change things about a bit and get us playing, maybe develop the odd youngster. I don't mind if he is a bit direct as long as there's some method to it. Under Warnock there wasn't any, at times it was shocking.