+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I’m embarrassed by the attitude of City fans on here

Re: I’m embarrassed by the attitude of City fans on here

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This.

What's embarrassing is people's willingness to bend over and take it like we're not worthy.
    But we're little old Cardiff City! We should respect our historic position and stay in our lane!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Goals, saves, big tackles, dribbles, long accurate passes, big headers, crosses, shots = entertaining

More than one way of achieving this.

Or is the more passes. Irrespective of whether it’s sideways, backwards 5 yards or 2 that = more entertaining

Last2 seasons were probably as good as it got for excitement for me at this club, with a ‘dinosaur manager’

The most boring team I’ve seen this season were Fulham.
    All that money, but dragged down with an obsession in playing 1 way.

20 passes around the back followed by a cross field ball gobbled up by our defence, unless Artur gave it away first ��

You’ve always said you didn’t want to go that far, so wait and see, Harris might just be the next stepping stone toward what you want. His Millwall in the first season were a mix before he lost Saville and Gregory. With the likes of Murphy , Hoillet, Lang, Bennett, Ward and Tomlin he may be able to do more.

I hate to see people written off before they are given a fair chance

A complete change of style would have been disaster and deep down I’m sure everyone feared that.

Anyway that’s me done now, I’ll leave you all to moan amongst yourselves.
    That's not something I recognise at Cardiff City for most of the last two years. To be fair, there were times when we played well last season that I enjoyed, but, as far as the Championship goes, I haven't been genuinely entertained by a City performance in ages - I enjoyed the promotion of course, but it was a grind from the turn of the year onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Goals, saves, big tackles, dribbles, long accurate passes, big headers, crosses, shots = entertaining

More than one way of achieving this.

Or is the more passes. Irrespective of whether it’s sideways, backwards 5 yards or 2 that = more entertaining

Last2 seasons were probably as good as it got for excitement for me at this club, with a ‘dinosaur manager’

The most boring team I’ve seen this season were Fulham.
    All that money, but dragged down with an obsession in playing 1 way.

20 passes around the back followed by a cross field ball gobbled up by our defence, unless Artur gave it away first 😂

You’ve always said you didn’t want to go that far, so wait and see, Harris might just be the next stepping stone toward what you want. His Millwall in the first season were a mix before he lost Saville and Gregory. With the likes of Murphy , Hoillet, Lang, Bennett, Ward and Tomlin he may be able to do more.

I hate to see people written off before they are given a fair chance

A complete change of style would have been disaster and deep down I’m sure everyone feared that.

Anyway that’s me done now, I’ll leave you all to moan amongst yourselves.
    Long accurate passes? I hope you're not referring to us-None of them are accurate, how can a 40 yard long ball that is put in the air be accurate, it's impossible. Warnock played percentages, hoping for the knock down or second ball in the final third. I have found the football that we play incredibly frustrating, nearly everything was geared up towards the opposition making a mistake under pressure or one of our wingers getting fouled. Then he brought Glatzel in who has zero ability in protecting the ball.

I'm not writing off Harris, i'm more pissed off with the idiots in the boardroom, Maybe Harris can get that balance between long ball and channels and allowing our midfield to create and move into advanced positions, this isn't about passing the ball about for the sake of it, it's about showing some method and allowing players a bit of freedom to express themselves at the right time, that's not a revolutionary concept, it's basic stuff. We find ourselves where we are because of the way Warnock plays, to give him credit, we ended up in the Premier league because of how he played, but like i said, it's not sustainable, it gets found out and we've almost ended up (playing wise) where we were when he came here. We haven't made much progress and that's because of the football.

I'm behind Harris even though i didn't want him. I hope that he can change things about a bit and get us playing, maybe develop the odd youngster. I don't mind if he is a bit direct as long as there's some method to it. Under Warnock there wasn't any, at times it was shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Long accurate passes? I hope you're not referring to us-None of them are accurate, how can a 40 yard long ball that is put in the air be accurate, it's impossible. Warnock played percentages, hoping for the knock down or second ball in the final third. I have found the football that we play incredibly frustrating, nearly everything was geared up towards the opposition making a mistake under pressure or one of our wingers getting fouled. Then he brought Glatzel in who has zero ability in protecting the ball.

I'm not writing off Harris, i'm more pissed off with the idiots in the boardroom, Maybe Harris can get that balance between long ball and channels and allowing our midfield to create and move into advanced positions, this isn't about passing the ball about for the sake of it, it's about showing some method and allowing players a bit of freedom to express themselves at the right time, that's not a revolutionary concept, it's basic stuff. We find ourselves where we are because of the way Warnock plays, to give him credit, we ended up in the Premier league because of how he played, but like i said, it's not sustainable, it gets found out and we've almost ended up (playing wise) where we were when he came here. We haven't made much progress and that's because of the football.

I'm behind Harris even though i didn't want him. I hope that he can change things about a bit and get us playing, maybe develop the odd youngster. I don't mind if he is a bit direct as long as there's some method to it. Under Warnock there wasn't any, at times it was shocking.
    Your last paragraph is as close as anyone’s got despite hundreds of posts to expressing how I feel about it all. I have no direct personal insight of how Harris is going to approach it. People who watched Millwall (sorry ‘Wall’) regularly could maybe provide that better insight but I suspect that that’s no one who posts on here.

I’ll settle for him bringing some improvement into how we play - is he going to? I have no clue.... and rationally neither does anyone else. But a better Murphy, Tomlin, Mendez Laing and sorting out a defence that finds a man with their first ball would be enough green shoots for now.

The year is a non-event so I’m ok seeing if he turns it into something.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    OP can do one.

The board have made a crap decision..yet again.

**** em, it’s their enterprise they are hurting.
    They may be limited in their football know-how but I bet they're acutely aware that our multi-million pound squad isn't worth a fraction of what we paid for it. For the short term at least -let's say until the end of the season- maybe they want to see what another manager can achieve with the same group of players and Harris would be a sensible choice in those circumstances. I believe Warnock was looking for a new challenge and the players were getting stale, so let's hope there's a bounce back in the coming weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Your last paragraph is as close as anyone’s got despite hundreds of posts to expressing how I feel about it all. I have no direct personal insight of how Harris is going to approach it. People who watched Millwall (sorry ‘Wall’) regularly could maybe provide that better insight but I suspect that that’s no one who posts on here.

I’ll settle for him bringing some improvement into how we play - is he going to? I have no clue.... and rationally neither does anyone else. But a better Murphy, Tomlin, Mendez Laing and sorting out a defence that finds a man with their first ball would be enough green shoots for now.

The year is a non-event so I’m ok seeing if he turns it into something.
    That's the rub, isn't it-All i'm asking for is some improvement. You're spot on about Murphy, Mendez etc improving and getting the defence to be a little more articulate on the ball. That's all i'm after as well!

Yet the line trotted out time after time is that Fulham are boring, they pass the ball for the sake of it and were relegated by Xmas during their premier league showing. Nobody on here has asked us to be Fulham or anyone else for that matter. When we have this conversation over our style of play, those that inadvertently defend it never really go into any detail over what they're defending, they just bring talk about Fulham etc-very odd, anyway, i don't think our fans would want us playing like that.

That's the rub, isn't it-All i'm asking for is some improvement. You're spot on about Murphy, Mendez etc improving and getting the defence to be a little more articulate on the ball. That's all i'm after as well!

Yet the line trotted out time after time is that Fulham are boring, they pass the ball for the sake of it and were relegated by Xmas during their premier league showing. Nobody on here has asked us to be Fulham or anyone else for that matter. When we have this conversation over our style of play, those that inadvertently defend it never really go into any detail over what they're defending, they just bring talk about Fulham etc-very odd, anyway, i don't think our fans would want us playing like that.
    We live in a world where "grey areas" have become unfashionable. In football, this is reflected by a belief among many that you have to play either tippy tippy/tiki taka or the sort of stuff we've seen at City under the likes of Mackay, Slade and Warnock. I would ask these people who, apart from Fulham when they came here this season, plays possession for possession's sake week in, week out?

The best club side in this country, and possibly the world, currently knock long passes into the channels frequently, Liverpool also switch the point of play from one side of the pitch to the other by hitting thirty yard or more passes. The second best side in the country currently are managed by someone who is synomous with tiki/taka and yet one of their attacking moves involves their goalkeeper playing accurate long passes that sometimes lead directly to goals, so Man City play longer passes than anybody!

What this means is every team's footballing "philosophy" is centred in those unfashionable grey areas, even Cardiff City's! What I think I and others are hoping for is a move towards a more measured approach, not the extreme end of the scale that gets called tippy tappy.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We live in a world where "grey areas" have become unfashionable. In football, this is reflected by a belief among many that you have to play either tippy tippy/tiki taka or the sort of stuff we've seen at City under the likes of Mackay, Slade and Warnock. I would ask these people who, apart from Fulham when they came here this season, plays possession for possession's sake week in, week out?

The best club side in this country, and possibly the world, currently knock long passes into the channels frequently, Liverpool also switch the point of play from one side of the pitch to the other by hitting thirty yard or more passes. The second best side in the country currently are managed by someone who is synomous with tiki/taka and yet one of their attacking moves involves their goalkeeper playing accurate long passes that sometimes lead directly to goals, so Man City play longer passes than anybody!

What this means is every team's footballing "philosophy" is centred in those unfashionable grey areas, even Cardiff City's! What I think I and others are hoping for is a move towards a more measured approach, not the extreme end of the scale that gets called tippy tappy.
    In addition, while you mention the use of the long ball, I'm sure we'd all prefer our long balls to have some sort of end product, not the sort where it's lashed forward aimlessly hoping someone might win it or we might pick up a second ball. To that end, Warnock's sides with us were consistently atrocious at playing long balls, simply because they were so much hit and hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s been a joke and it may still go tits up but you just don’t know how it’s going to pan out. Reading fans were singing Gomes praises in May. By start of October a lot wanted him out. It’s the way of things these days.
    The same fans were on a rant about Bowen's appointment now that has calmed with a few positive results 3 wins a draw

I wonder what some of our fans watch.

That long ball by Ralls late in the jacks game anyone

This.

What's embarrassing is people's willingness to bend over and take it like we're not worthy.
    Totally agree and it's so bloody embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

We just need to be a bit more measured in my opinion and give players a chance to play. Warnock isn't stuck in the 70s or 80's, football wasn't that bad then, some of his play i more non league, geared up in a way so that bad players don't touch the ball very often and the only players who are allowed to have the ball are the fast kids out wide, where losing the ball in that area isn't so much of a problem. I'm very pleased that he's gone.

Total bollocks.

There were better options and cheaper options. I think Bellamy or Sol would have even been a more popular choice with a similar budget and cost.

He’s got his work cut out to win the fans round. Let’s give him a chance but the frustration must be against the board who was unwilling to take a risk or have a bit of foresight.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I agree op. Its not an inspiring or exciting appointment but was it ever likely to be?

I'm sure most will get behind the new Neil but some of the comments on here are a little embarrassing. Bar two short stints in the PL we have generally achieved **** all, we aren't Fulham lads.

Both recent promotions coming under managers that the current ownership hired. I'll give Harris the benefit of the doubt, not that he needs it or would care.
    Why shouldn't it be? Why can't we aim high? Why shouldn't we expect more? Anything Leicester can do, we can do. Anything.

Yet another opportunity to progress and we ****ed it up. Again and again. We should be hiring a manager that can take us to the EPL and KEEP us there. Cardiff is a top city. South Wales is an amazing place. We provided the coal and the steel that fueled an empire for someone else. It's time we got ours.

Why shouldn't it be? Why can't we aim high? Why shouldn't we expect more? Anything Leicester can do, we can do. Anything.

Yet another opportunity to progress and we ****ed it up. Again and again. We should be hiring a manager that can take us to the EPL and KEEP us there. Cardiff is a top city. South Wales is an amazing place. We provided the coal and the steel that fueled an empire for someone else. It's time we got ours.
    I wonder what Leicester fans thought in 2008 when they brought in Nigel Pearson? He was a failure 9 years previously at Carlisle and, bar a few brief caretaker cameos, was a flop for a short stint at Southampton. He had managed a total of 22 games in 9 years after leaving Carlisle.

Leicester were a side in freefall and had dropped into League 1. I dare say Pearson would have been considered a cheap option given his limited experience and poor form when manager.

He won immediate promotion back to the Championship and promotion back to the Premier League within another 5 seasons (taking almost 18 months out to manage Hull City).

Pearson had a relatively poor record wherever else he went, but at Leicester did a good job building the team. He laid many of the foundations for their unexpecter Premier League triumph the season after he left.

My point being that we'll never know if a manager will do well or not at a certain club. I would expect many Leicester fans to have been disappointed with Pearson's appointment, but left as a popular manager.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Got behind Slade despite knowing deep down they were taking us backwards.
    What are you on? Slade was an excellent manager for the club. He set the side up for the ability for someone to take us on and apply their idea. He halved the wage bill, got rid of the wood while giving us a chance to snatch a play off place.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Total bollocks.

There were better options and cheaper options. I think Bellamy or Sol would have even been a more popular choice with a similar budget and cost.

He’s got his work cut out to win the fans round. Let’s give him a chance but the frustration must be against the board who was unwilling to take a risk or have a bit of foresight.
    Sol Bamba wasn’t ready for the job. There’s no way that he could have actually done anything with us (especially as Blackwell and Jepson left).
    Bellamy would not have come back so soon, especially after the bullying claims.

Harris is cheap, but, has experience in the league