+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Giggs - done alright or not (for Wales)?

Re: Ryan Giggs - done alright or not (for Wales)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm with you here, don't really think Giggs is up to the job.

The Republic of Ireland team we beat twice was the worst Irish side since the 80s. A decent experienced manager would have got us draws against Denmark, Albania and Hungary, not defeats.

However I'll reserve my judgement til after the Hungary game on Tuesday
    Ireland played in Euro 88 and also qualified for Italy 90 during the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    I think you have to say he's doing well. With Such a large turnover of players to contend with and introducing lots of young players to the squad, plus a new style of play, it was always going to take a bit of time to click.

'IF'...we can beat Hungary on Tuesday and qualify for the Euros automatically, he would have a qualifacation at the first attempt under his belt and not many Welsh managers can boast that!

When you think about it Coleman probably didn't get enough criticism for failing to qualify for Russia. Plenty of credit in the bank from the Euros. But we dropped points at home to Georgia, Serbia and Ireland and it took a wonder goal from Ben Woodburn to get us past Austria. We should have done better in what was a very winnable group. I think in that campaign he relied to heavily on the old gaurd that saw us through France and didn't blood the youth early enough to freshen it up.

Anyway, lets hope they do the business on Tuesday, ready for another European advenure!
    Agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    This new qualification system seems a joke. Seems like everyone is qualifying.
    More teams in Euro 2020 - give it a couple of decades and there'll be no qualifying competiton, everyone will be in the Euro Finals - 55 sides fighting it out over the month of June 2040.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Don’t know how you can say he’s made us look shambolic. Played well at times
    At times. Against poor teams that we should be blowing away.

There are none of those games that we lost (maybe exception of Albania) that I thought we could potentially come back. We were smashed by Denmark, Spain and Croatia. Beaten easily Hungary, and Uruguay.

That’s why we are shambolic

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    At times. Against poor teams that we should be blowing away.

There are none of those games that we lost (maybe exception of Albania) that I thought we could potentially come back. We were smashed by Denmark, Spain and Croatia. Beaten easily Hungary, and Uruguay.

That’s why we are shambolic
    We were smashed by Spain. We were certainly not easily beaten by Hungary.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We were smashed by Spain. We were certainly not easily beaten by Hungary.
    We had chances but looked as if we were told not to score. It was the utter lack of finishing ability which made it easy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    More teams in Euro 2020 - give it a couple of decades and there'll be no qualifying competiton, everyone will be in the Euro Finals - 55 sides fighting it out over the month of June 2040.
    24 teams, exactly the same as Euro 16.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Ireland played in Euro 88 and also qualified for Italy 90 during the 80's.
    I should have been more specific, I meant the early 80s, not Euro '88 and after