+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Congratulations to Joe Jacobson.

Congratulations to Joe Jacobson.

Five hundredth career appearance today with a chance he could be playing in the Championship for Wycombe next season.

Re: Congratulations to Joe Jacobson.

I was looking at his record last week and was surprised to see that he never started a league game for City and in fact only made one sub appearance. I had it in mind that he was in and around the first team for quite a while, but clearly my memory's playing tricks on me.

He's made a really good career for himself in the lower leagues. Good for him.

His birthday today as well.

He was in the same side as my nephew when they were kids.

And a goal to go with it! Wycombe would be a nice away day next season, assuming we stay in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I was looking at his record last week and was surprised to see that he never started a league game for City and in fact only made one sub appearance. I had it in mind that he was in and around the first team for quite a while, but clearly my memory's playing tricks on me.

He's made a really good career for himself in the lower leagues. Good for him.
    Yes, he came on in that game against Norwich when Earnie scored for them in a 1-0 win and the whole ground applauded him. I can also remember him starting in a League Cup game with Barnet when that striker who signed for Leeds and was not sent off by Clattenburg when he punched the ball off the line scored both goals as we lost 2-0 - just remembered his name, Tresor Kandol.

Jacobson was the player who impressed me most in the very first home game we played after being given Academy status and I remember him playing centre back when he captained Wales Under 21's in those two really good matches they had against England in a Play Off for the Euro Championships about ten years ago.

I think a career spent in the lower divisions probably proves City were right to let him go, but he appears to be getting better as he gets older and, although I don't see it happening with current attitudes towards selection of the senior team, it would be nice to see him get a cap before he packs up.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, he came on in that game against Norwich when Earnie scored for them in a 1-0 win and the whole ground applauded him. I can also remember him starting in a League Cup game with Barnet when that striker who signed for Leeds and was not sent off by Clattenburg when he punched the ball off the line scored both goals as we lost 2-0 - just remembered his name, Tresor Kandol.

Jacobson was the player who impressed me most in the very first home game we played after being given Academy status and I remember him playing centre back when he captained Wales Under 21's in those two really good matches they had against England in a Play Off for the Euro Championships about ten years ago.

I think a career spent in the lower divisions probably proves City were right to let him go, but he appears to be getting better as he gets older and, although I don't see it happening with current attitudes towards selection of the senior team, it would be nice to see him get a cap before he packs up.
    Hope he gets to play at the CCS next season, he’d love that

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Hope he gets to play at the CCS next season, he’d love that
    You reckon we will get relegated?

CardiffCitySince1927

He’s a quality player, and a lower league workhorse. Deserves his year in the sun if they do make it up