+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harris’s immediate objectives

Harris’s immediate objectives

To get the players onside. Ensure that there isn’t a faction that undermine him, give a new chance to all the players who have been on the fringes and motivate those that have been playing, often badly, better. I guess the likes of Bamba, Morrison, Tomlin, Hoilett, Madine and Murphy amongst others need special attention.

To decide the tactical approach. He has the pressure of needing an improvement without the time to evolve the style of play that could deliver that improvement. We also need to be less predicable,

To start winning games home and away. To do that amongst other things we need to start scoring goals. How?

Some will say that getting fans on board is a key objective. Yes it is, but results will be the biggest influence on that.

He has approx 6 weeks to decide who he wants to keep or lose.

I am sure that most of the players will be disappointed to have seen NW go, will to a degree blame themselves but will also understand that as a team they have underperformed and that something had to change. I just hope they see this as a fresh start.

Re: Harris’s immediate objectives

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    He has approx 6 weeks to decide who he wants to keep or lose.
    Assuming we're not under a transfer embargo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Assuming we're not under a transfer embargo.
    I half wondered if that threat was a reason why other high profile managers weren't considered , he has experience in working to a tight restraint. Surely though he views our squads potential better than Millwall's.

“Some will say that getting fans on board is a key objective. Yes it is, but results will be the biggest influence on that.“

For some. I’m fed up of selling my soul for a few wins, can’t lie to myself and watch shit football no more, he’s got to bin the hoof from the off.

He's reached the Quarter Final of the FA Cup twice, perhaps we'll look to progress this season. Warnock was never interested.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    “Some will say that getting fans on board is a key objective. Yes it is, but results will be the biggest influence on that.“

For some. I’m fed up of selling my soul for a few wins, can’t lie to myself and watch shit football no more, he’s got to bin the hoof from the off.
    This is all getting a bit dramatic now

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    This is all getting a bit dramatic now
    Not really. I’m not arsed about winning if it comes as a result of grinding teams down with anti football.

Some of you will watch anything as long as we win

The object is to win. Your comment explains all the nonsense you've come out with then

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    The object is to win. Your comment explains all the nonsense you've come out with then
    I think demblethewarrior is correct.
    I believe everyone is fed up of hoof all and the club reputation is exactly that.
    It galls me that match stats show the opposition fouling more times than us yet panels will consistently refer to Cardiff playing aggressive in your face football who launch balls forward to the striker at every opportunity.
    We need to start to move away from that 1960’s style