+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why can't be buy some of the young Welsh talent?

Why can't be buy some of the young Welsh talent?

Why can't we buy some of the young Welsh players in the current squad, obviously some are out of our price range but what about Connor Roberts, Chris Mepham, Tom Lockyer, Joe Morrell. Tyler Roberts and even Keifer Moore. These guys may be playing at the Euros next summer and we won't have anyone in that competition except maybe Mr. Invisible (Will Vauks).

Re: Why can't be buy some of the young Welsh talent?

Why would we want to do that ?

I think Moore would do well in our team, even in the current style of play.

I think the others are out of our reach, Morell is some player and will probably be playing for Bristol City next year too.

Every welsh player we sign seems to do really poorly though, Vaulks, Huws, Lawrence, Richards....

To be honest I'd prefer we obtain the best players we can, not just concentrate on Welsh ones. If it were not for the inability of the board we could be tracking some wonderful young bargains in Europe and Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

I think the others are out of our reach, Morell is some player and will probably be playing for Bristol City next year too.

Every welsh player we sign seems to do really poorly though, Vaulks, Huws, Lawrence, Richards....
    Moore has scored 1 goal in the Championship this season. He would be a Welsh version of Gary Madine.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Why can't we buy some of the young Welsh players in the current squad, obviously some are out of our price range but what about Connor Roberts, Chris Mepham, Tom Lockyer, Joe Morrell. Tyler Roberts and even Keifer Moore. These guys may be playing at the Euros next summer and we won't have anyone in that competition except maybe Mr. Invisible (Will Vauks).
    Roberts came through at Swansea and they're not selling to their nearest rivals, Mepham cost Bournemouth £12m, we released Lockyer, Joe Morrell is at our feeder club, Tyler Roberts is at Leeds and Kieffer Moore has 1 league goal this season

I'd rather focus on the academy than buy anyone who had a Welsh nan

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Moore has scored 1 goal in the Championship this season. He would be a Welsh version of Gary Madine.
    He looks like he has so much talent when he plays for Wales though, he's young and raw but with good coaching he could be a good player.

He looks like he has so much talent when he plays for Wales though, he's young and raw but with good coaching he could be a good player.
    He's 27.

He's 27.
    How does that change anything? Plenty of strikers clicked later in their career when they played under the right manager and were coached well.

He's 27.
    ...another contender for Cardiff City Young Player of The Year.
    Go get him, Neil!*

*At least we can still say that.

How does that change anything? Plenty of strikers clicked later in their career when they played under the right manager and were coached well.
    You wrote that he is 'young and raw'.

Vaulks hasnt really been given a chance. I think he will under Harris.

I dont see a Harris team carrying a Tomlin and he will want more energy in the middle of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

I dont see a Harris team carrying a Tomlin and he will want more energy in the middle of the park.
    A bit of a cliche but Vaulks really would be like a new signing if Harris can get him playing.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Didn't Vaulks do well at Rotherham?
    I believe a few players in our squad will play better now the old boring fart has gone

Based on what he has shown for Charlton and Wales this year, Tom Lockyer on a free seems like it's been much better business that Aiden Flint for £6million and this is a signing I would have backed over the summer.

Kieffer Moore may only be better that Gary Madine by one goal, and is not young by any means, but he does seem more mobile and seems to have a better first touch. However, apart from one red card I don't think Danny Ward has done too much wrong, I see potential in Glatzel and Bogle is a decent third choice striker so adding Moore based on him being Welsh doesn't make too much sense for me.

No point to signing Welsh talent to see it stagnate on the bench or injury room; there is surely no bigger waste of talent than Jazz Richards who had Eden Hazard in his pocket at the CCS before joining us but since joining has seen more of the upper seating in the Granstand than he has the pitch. However, promoting young talent should be part of the mission statement for Harris and if it's Welsh talent then even better.