+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neil Harris - First Press Conference

Re: Neil Harris - First Press Conference

Thanks john 1959 for the posts .

All we can do is hope and support him ,it won't be easy, as our side has a very tired look about it this year ,perhaps a new era is now required , but that needs big planning, finance.
    and major changes of personal and direction.

Probably club 'politics' but the two minute piece on the club website of Harris taking training had an extended clip of him shaking hands with all the youth players. Symbolic maybe and very easy to do - but a picture paints a thousand words (hopefully)!

Sounds encouraging. Welcome aboard Neil and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Sounds encouraging. Welcome aboard Neil and good luck

Just watched the full interview and don't have much to add to what's already been said - he came across well and I hope a new man in charge might lead to better performances from some who, on ability, should be in the starting line up every week.

“ Getting the ball forward quickly, some principles I will stick to, some I want to adjust now. How I’ve come through as a coach I want to stick to some of them.”

Sounds ominously like long ball football.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just watched the full interview and don't have much to add to what's already been said - he came across well and I hope a new man in charge might lead to better performances from some who, on ability, should be in the starting line up every week.
    I’ve been harsh over the weekend, the interview has definitely given me a more positive outlook on him, as I’ve posted above, but ultimately I’ll judge him on how we play in the first few games, I already know results are going to be up and down so that probably won’t change much, so I hope we get some better football along with it...

I am still underwhelmed & disappointed by the clubs appointment.

He's chirpy. What else do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    I am still underwhelmed & disappointed by the clubs appointment.
    Me too mate. If I thought there was an incline of a plan from those above I might be a bit more optimistic.

He may turn out to be a decent fit for the club and the fan base but it will take a lot more than one chirpy press conference to change my mind.

If he's got us playing fast flowing attacking football by the end of the season then shows some sort of coherent plan in his summer spending I may come around but until then my glass is half empty though I won't be getting the daggers out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Me too mate. If I thought there was an incline of a plan from those above I might be a bit more optimistic.

He may turn out to be a decent fit for the club and the fan base but it will take a lot more than one chirpy press conference to change my mind.

If he's got us playing fast flowing attacking football by the end of the season then shows some sort of coherent plan in his summer spending I may come around but until then my glass is half empty though I won't be getting the daggers out for a while.
    Cheer up Gringo mun

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Agreed.

And I didn’t need to make a snidey remark about how you should post to agree with you, because I can leave it all in one thread and move on like a grown up does...
    Fair enough 👍. It’s good to reflect on behaviour so good on you.

To be clear I have no intention of telling you what or how to post and didn’t do so. I may or may not choose to comment or make observations on what you write though (forgive me if I don’t have the time to comment on every one of your contributions though - there are only so many hours in the day)

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Cheer up Gringo mun
    **** everyone.

This appointment hit my wallet too!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    **** everyone.

This appointment hit my wallet too!
    You havent been yourself lately

Honestly. I need two games to judge him. If he clearly put the players out to NOT pass the ball into pockets and space, but pick longballs options like Warwick did, he is done in my book. If i see evidence of progressive gamelan, he can have multiple windows building his team. Results dont matter one bit for me short term.

And agree fully with posts he comes about as a genuine guy, not like the fecking me me me me me.... So glad i he is gone.,,