+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 38,262 watch Women's Super League match

38,262 watch Women's Super League match

North London derby at Spurs. WSL crowds on the up this season.

Re: 38,262 watch Women's Super League match

Probably because WSL has been hyped by the media. I bet most of the crowd hadn't heard of it a season or two ago.
    And I also suspect most of the crowd were women. Nothing wrong with that, just that IMO most men who have seen mens' football would give a shit about any other format.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Probably because WSL has been hyped by the media. I bet most of the crowd hadn't heard of it a season or two ago.
    And I also suspect most of the crowd were women. Nothing wrong with that, just that IMO most men who have seen mens' football would give a shit about any other format.
    You are making quite a few assumptions there!

Probably cheap tickets again or give aways.
    Can’t knock that though, wish all football tickets was as cheap.

Let's see if they get 38,000 for the test of their games.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    This lad only supports men #realman

Weird how anything about women’s football has loads of fat old lads lining up to knock it.

a few of my U12 girls team went down to watch it, saw a few pics on our watsapp, looked like they had a good time

Part of me gets a little annoyed at the promotion of the women's game at the moment. Seems to be everywhere I look and the BBC and Co seem to be involved in some sort of click bait competition.

But then I think, what does it really matter? Why not promote something that would never otherwise see the light of day on the front pages. If it grows the women's game where more girls can pursue a career in the game or even just enjoy it as a hobby then why not. Good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Part of me gets a little annoyed at the promotion of the women's game at the moment. Seems to be everywhere I look and the BBC and Co seem to be involved in some sort of click bait competition.

But then I think, what does it really matter? Why not promote something that would never otherwise see the light of day on the front pages. If it grows the women's game where more girls can pursue a career in the game or even just enjoy it as a hobby then why not. Good luck to them.
    The women’s game was just a popular post war until it was banned. Funny I’ve never heard women moan about “the men’s game” being shoved down our throats.

What about the bollocks way sky advertise men’s games like they’re a one off best in the world amazing matches, is that not worse?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    The women’s game was just a popular post war until it was banned. Funny I’ve never heard women moan about “the men’s game” being shoved down our throats.

What about the bollocks way sky advertise men’s games like they’re a one off best in the world amazing matches, is that not worse?
    Im trying not to come across as being misogynistic or trying to stereotype all women but are you really sure about that?

Of course not. When Sky advertise these games they're advertising to an expectant audience of millions around the world who are looking forward to watching the game. With the women's game they're trying to force it on people. Massive difference.

Do you know the most people that watch a game on sky sports is a million? Games outside the big 6 are lucky to get 300,000.

Sky are fooling you into thinking it’s a huge event everyone is watching when non free to air football is killing the game.

Even if it was thriving why would the women’s game being given time and being advertised a bad thing?

Apparently it can’t be advertised because it’s not popular but how will it gets popular without advertisement?

Almost 39,000 people went to a match, were they forced to watch it? The white knights of the men’s game trying to pull down the women’s game for no good reason are just weird. Why is it bothering you if it’s being advertised or getting more popular or not?

Where did I say I was against the women's game being promoted? Let it stand on its own two feet rather than being forced down our throats by a BBC desperate for it to succeed to replace the men's football it has lost.

You should try to watch match of the day in my house on a Saturday night