+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnson's lies ignored by the media.

Johnson's lies ignored by the media.

Re: Johnson's lies ignored by the media.

Every politician lies he just has mastered it better than others , they are all economical with the truth .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Every politician lies he just has mastered it better than others , they are all economical with the truth .
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    You’re nothing if not consistent 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    You’re nothing if not consistent 😂😂😂
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There are lies, damned lies and Boris Johnson!

Politicians are all liars.
    He the most advantageous liar at the moment , plus he won't nationalise your TV set or set up camps for Jewish people

I always love this defence. It's like defending someone for stabbing by saying "we all lose our cool from time to time"

Lies are not equal.

It is a shame that won't get the exposure it deserves with the people who most depend on the NHS - the older voters who have fallen for the Tory lies and spin. The Peter Oborne piece is again right to the point:

Welcome to the Conservative party election campaign. I have been a political reporter for almost three decades and have never encountered a senior British politician who lies and fabricates so regularly, so shamelessly and so systematically as Boris Johnson. Or gets away with his deceit with such ease.

And on 'all politicians lie':

A big reason for Johnson’s easy ride is partisanship from the parts of the media determined to get him elected. I have talked to senior BBC executives, and they tell me they personally think it’s wrong to expose lies told by a British prime minister because it undermines trust in British politics. Is that a reason for giving Johnson free rein to make any false claim he wants?

Others take the view that all politicians lie, and just shrug their shoulders. But it’s not true that all politicians lie. Treating all politicians as liars gives a licence for the total collapse of integrity of British politics, a collapse that habitual liars such as Johnson are delighted to exploit. The British media is not holding him to account for his repeated falsehoods. It’s time we journalists did our job, and started to regain our self-respect.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It is a shame that won't get the exposure it deserves with the people who most depend on the NHS - the older voters who have fallen for the Tory lies and spin. The Peter Oborne piece is again right to the point:

Welcome to the Conservative party election campaign. I have been a political reporter for almost three decades and have never encountered a senior British politician who lies and fabricates so regularly, so shamelessly and so systematically as Boris Johnson. Or gets away with his deceit with such ease.

And on 'all politicians lie':

A big reason for Johnson’s easy ride is partisanship from the parts of the media determined to get him elected. I have talked to senior BBC executives, and they tell me they personally think it’s wrong to expose lies told by a British prime minister because it undermines trust in British politics. Is that a reason for giving Johnson free rein to make any false claim he wants?

Others take the view that all politicians lie, and just shrug their shoulders. But it’s not true that all politicians lie. Treating all politicians as liars gives a licence for the total collapse of integrity of British politics, a collapse that habitual liars such as Johnson are delighted to exploit. The British media is not holding him to account for his repeated falsehoods. It’s time we journalists did our job, and started to regain our self-respect.
    Regarding that video Jon, I notice it's had 1.2 million views so, maybe, the message is getting across?

For me, what makes Oborne's article so convincing is that he admits he has voted Conservative for most of his life - this is not your "normal" Prime Minister and the days of the Tories being genteel old buffers who were "brought up the right way" are long gone - if they ever existed.

That is a pretty depressing account of Boris's work. Maybe as a society we've become so used it we've stopped caring. If this is true, then we deserve whatever follows if he's elected again.

"As with Donald Trump, for Johnson there seems to be no political price to pay for deceit and falsehood. The mainstream media, as Washington’s response to Johnson’s speech shows, prefers to go along with his lies rather than expose them."

https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1196545130192343043
    The tv and press are nearly all right wing, that's why we have a buffoon in #10 and the asylum has been taken over by the inmates.

I'd say it's more the death of democracy and the gradual dumbing down of the population to a point where they're protesting that they're not taxed enough about "climate change"

We will soon see if England is a lost cause as regards caring sharing politics with this election result [and Wales to a degree as well], we will be in a better position to then judge if our people will be interested in the independence route once they realise they are out voted by England and stuck with more and more right wing policies been inflicted on us.
    The days after this General Election might be the just the start and not the end of Wales evolving political story.

Whatever the GE result we need a strong government that makes ,sticks and delivers its strategy instead of all this pathetic dithering.

Wales In my view is safer within the UK than out.

Whatever the GE result we need a strong government that makes ,sticks and delivers its strategy instead of all this pathetic dithering.

Wales In my view is safer within the UK than out.
    England is a lost cause and as Eddie Butler said ''The United Kingdom that made my parents proud to call themselves British no longer exists''.

I did not think the Tories could stoop any lower. They have proved me wrong and are showing complete comtempt for the electorate.

Heisenberg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO2zT9-B2X4

Must-watch viewing - Michael Gove being interviewed on Channel 4 yesterday. 9 minutes of trying to avoid answering simple questions by accusing the journalist of bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO2zT9-B2X4

Must-watch viewing - Michael Gove being interviewed on Channel 4 yesterday. 9 minutes of trying to avoid answering simple questions by accusing the journalist of bias.
    Just seen it on Twitter. Incredible stuff, yet people seem to accept it.

Just seen it on Twitter. Incredible stuff, yet people seem to accept it.
    people pick and chose there criticism , why hasn't the sexual court case with Alex Salmond picked up the same traction as Prince Andrews and Boris poor behaviors .

14 alleged counts offence one on armistice day ?s

why not ask if Nicola Sturgeon allegedly knew of SNP cover-up of sexual misconduct allegations facing Salmond , was the party was informed of complaints a decade ago.

""The First Minister refused to say whether Angus Robertson, the Nationalists' then Westminster leader, told her about complaints made by female staff at Edinburgh Airport in 2008.""

Guess is just not right a party enough to give it momentum into media headlines or even comment on CCMB .

Heisenberg

people pick and chose there criticism , why hasn't the sexual court case with Alex Salmond picked up the same traction as Prince Andrews and Boris poor behaviors .

why not ask if Nicola Sturgeon allegedly knew of SNP cover-up of sexual misconduct allegations facing Salmond , was the party was informed of complaints a decade ago.

""The First Minister refused to say whether Angus Robertson, the Nationalists' then Westminster leader, told her about complaints made by female staff at Edinburgh Airport in 2008.""

Guess is just not right a party enough to give it momentum into media headlines or even comment on CCMB .
    This is one of the worst cases of 'Whataboutism' I've seen from you - which is impressive in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This is one of the worst cases of 'Whataboutism' I've seen from you - which is impressive in itself.
    its called balance , I dont condone any of their behaviors by selective political bias ,it maybe 'Whataboutism' or it maybe fact

Heisenberg

... and to answer your question: Because one is a f**king Prince, another is the Prime Minister of the UK and the other one is a Scottish ex-MP.

Heisenberg

its called balance , I dont condone any of their behaviors by selective political bias ,it maybe 'Whataboutism' or it maybe fact
    It's not balance at all. You're asking for Alex Salmond to get the same attention as Prince Andrew and Boris Johnson. It's ridiculous and diverting from the discussion about Tories lying out of their arses during this campaign.