+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: FT: CHARLTON 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CHARLTON 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It wasn’t handball. He played it with his chest.

I can understand people being positive about some of the football given the dire stuff served up this season by Warnock, but it has to be considered that Charlton were missing nine or ten players and had another carried off.

The lad who came on for them in midfield during the second half was recalled from a loan spell at Ebbsfleet this week. That puts things in perspective.

For me, the most refreshing thing was seeing someone other than Warnock on the sidelines. Harris seemed upbeat, which is a start at least. However, I just don’t think this team has anywhere near enough quality to challenge for the play-offs.
    I think the most obvious difference today was that we tried to press the opposition higher up the pitch. It meant that we were occasionally able to win the ball back in advanced positions, but we exposed our slow back four to the ball over the top of the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You seem rather unpleasant.
    Bizarre really. Telling everyone not to get carried away when nobody is.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Bizarre really. Telling everyone not to get carried away when nobody is.
    There are a few that fall into the bizzare category on this forum.

I think I need to check what the pub puts in its Coca Cola then. Because it looked like handball the 15 times I saw it.

First few looks it did look like chest as the angle showed it that way.
    Hand raised to chest = handball. Ref couldn't see it, looked to the lino who gave a "me neither" indication so no penalty awarded. That said, the penalty we did get awarded clearly wasn't. As for the penalty, looking at it again, Hoillet couldn't have done worse if he'd told their keeper where it was going. He just kept looking bottom left and that's where it went. Still, we got a point. Wycombe away it is next season.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Hand raised to chest = handball. Ref couldn't see it, looked to the lino who gave a "me neither" indication so no penalty awarded. That said, the penalty we did get awarded clearly wasn't. As for the penalty, looking at it again, Hoillet couldn't have done worse if he'd told their keeper where it was going. He just kept looking bottom left and that's where it went. Still, we got a point. Wycombe away it is next season.
    I don’t get how anyone can say it wasn’t hand ball

Definitely a soft pen for us as well.

Can’t comment on that Hoilett miss. Bloody hell, let’s just forget it. Couldn’t Pack have taken it?

There are a few that fall into the bizzare category on this forum.
    🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    🤣🤣🤣
    Evening lover.

I don’t get how anyone can say it wasn’t hand ball

Definitely a soft pen for us as well.

Can’t comment on that Hoilett miss. Bloody hell, let’s just forget it. Couldn’t Pack have taken it?
    Taken what?😁
    I'll have to delete that saved penalty off my phone and have hypnotherapy to forget it. I was right in line, behind the goal, thinking "clever" as Hoilett stared bottom left. Send the keeper the wrong way...he's going top right....nope. Come back Joe.

Taken what?😁
    I'll have to delete that saved penalty off my phone and have hypnotherapy to forget it. I was right in line, behind the goal, thinking "clever" as Hoilett stared bottom left. Send the keeper the wrong way...he's going top right....nope. Come back Joe.
    The penalty 👍

Etheridge 6/10

Bennett 3/10 - he needs a rest desperately, his regression this season has been worrying to say the least.
    Nelson 6/10
    Prior 0/10
    Peltier 6/10

Pack - 7/10
    Bacuna - 6/10
    Hoilett - 6/10
    Mendez Laing - 5/10

Paterson 2/10
    Madine 4/10

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Etheridge 6/10

Bennett 3/10 - he needs a rest desperately, his regression this season has been worrying to say the least.
    Nelson 6/10
    Prior 0/10
    Peltier 6/10

Pack - 7/10
    Bacuna - 6/10
    Hoilett - 6/10
    Mendez Laing - 5/10

Paterson 2/10
    Madine 4/10
    Bit harsh on Prior. 😷
    With at least a 3

Thought you were tough on Bennett too. Thought he was decent and worth 6.
    Bacuna worries me. Him and Pack together too slow in midfield. Need Ralls back, although he is not exactly speedy Gonzales.
    Hoilett off the pace too, pen aside. Worth no more than 4.
    NML was good in second half. Probably our man of the match. Def 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Etheridge 6/10

Nelson 6/10
    Prior 0/10
    Peltier 6/10

Pack - 7/10
    Bacuna - 6/10
    Hoilett - 6/10
    Mendez Laing - 5/10

Paterson 2/10
    Madine 4/10
    Is this a joke?
    Etheridge 6/10 - released the ball quicker than he ever did when we had Warnock, but not great for the goals

Bennett 7/10 - I thought Bennett had his best game for a while and it was good to see him get forward. He had a hand in both goals.
    Nelson 7/10 - poor for first goal but made some important blocks and tackles. Could’ve got sent off though..
    Flint - 4/10 - I’d rather Morrison than flint. I’m hoping to see bamba and nelson most though
    Peltier 6/10 - gets done for pace too easily. Would like to see Coxe

Pack - 7/10 - we’re a better team with him in it
    Bacuna - 6/10 - didn’t play too bad. But we missed Ralls energy
    Hoilett - 6/10 - should never take a penalty again
    Mendez Laing - 7/10 - thought he was a constant threat

Paterson 4/10 - didn’t do anything really
    Madine 6/10 - when he gets a bit sharper I think he could prove a few doubters wrong with the new manager. Wanted him to take the pen

Tomlin 8/10 - changed the game - would love him to be a regular starter
    Bogle - 6/10 should’ve won it for us, but he is a handful.

According to whoscored.com we completed around 35% more short passes in this game compared to our season average up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    According to whoscored.com we completed around 35% more short passes in this game compared to our season average up to that point.
    ....mainly across the back. Turn the pitch 90 degrees and around 20% of the 35% would have gone forward! Still plenty for New Neil to work on.

....mainly across the back. Turn the pitch 90 degrees and around 20% of the 35% would have gone forward! Still plenty for New Neil to work on.
    I was thinking exactly the same! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Is this a joke?
    Etheridge 6/10 - released the ball quicker than he ever did when we had Warnock, but not great for the goals

Bennett 7/10 - I thought Bennett had his best game for a while and it was good to see him get forward. He had a hand in both goals.
    Nelson 7/10 - poor for first goal but made some important blocks and tackles. Could’ve got sent off though..
    Flint - 4/10 - I’d rather Morrison than flint. I’m hoping to see bamba and nelson most though
    Peltier 6/10 - gets done for pace too easily. Would like to see Coxe

Pack - 7/10 - we’re a better team with him in it
    Bacuna - 6/10 - didn’t play too bad. But we missed Ralls energy
    Hoilett - 6/10 - should never take a penalty again
    Mendez Laing - 7/10 - thought he was a constant threat

Paterson 4/10 - didn’t do anything really
    Madine 6/10 - when he gets a bit sharper I think he could prove a few doubters wrong with the new manager. Wanted him to take the pen

Tomlin 8/10 - changed the game - would love him to be a regular starter
    Bogle - 6/10 should’ve won it for us, but he is a handful.
    Etheridge 6 - I've read criticism of him for not saving the second goal - that seems harsh to me.

Peltier 6 - great block and got forward more, but absolutely skinned by one of Charlton's subs late on and is slow for his position.
    Flint 5 - our poor defending is a collective thing, not just down to individuals, so I think the singling out of Flint is harsh, but his limitations are being shown up more because of the lack of quality around him.
    Nelson 5 - poor for their first goal and may have been red carded, he does mean the ball is given away less cheaply at the back than it has been though.
    Bennett 5 - his contribution for the second goal and other decent work going forward does not compensate for another example of the downright bad defending with the first goal which has blighted his season.

Hoilett 4 - leaving his poor penalty to one side, he looked devoid of confidence and indecisive which is strange considering that he has been one of our better players this season.
    Pack 6 - we do look more structured and in control with him in our midfield, but he is no Gunnarsson when it comes to the defensive side of the game.
    Bacuna 5 - unlucky not to score and some good tidying up at times, but he seems to go to occasionally go to sleep defensiv.
    Mendez-Laing 8 - still very frustrating at times and lost the ball cheaply for the second goal - we would never have come back without his pace and drive though.

Paterson 4 - I struggle to see what he brings to the side this season.

Madine 6 - never looked like scoring, but was a handful for the Charlton centrebacks at times - did enough to keep his place tonight.

Subs

Tomlin 7 - took his goal superbly and definitely has an improved attitude this season, I just wish we could get him involved more.

Bogle 6 - offered a different type of problem to defenders compared to Madine, I just wonder about his general quality though.

Vaults 5 - one of a few players who could benefit from the change of manager, but didn't offer a lot when given his first chance in what seems ages.