+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CHARLTON 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CHARLTON 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Charlton, featuring two Cardiff Academy players deemed not good enough and another one who was driven away, way more dynamic than a City side that's spent most of the first half feeling sorry for themselves. We lack pace around most of the pitch and our wingers are underperforming yet again - we're such a soft touch away from home and I see no sign whatsoever of a new manager bounce yet.
    While I agree with you on the need to bring on our own home grown talent, I feel like you’re clutching at straws with this one. Matthews and Oshilaja are bang average players whose right level is probably League 1. I’d be disappointed if either were close to being in our squad

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    On my way back from the match, probably the most enjoyable game performance wise in a long time.

I think we’d look better with a more mobile striker. Bogle was better than Madine for me but both lack quality.
    Yep, a bit better today and encouraging signs.

Agree about Madine and Bogle. Madine is a known quantity but Bogle was disappointing today when he came on 🙈

And we missed Ralls in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    So this is what football is supposed to feel like. I remember this.
    Steady on now.

It was a bit better, but hardly total football.

I thought all 3 played well today. Matthews career is a big what if for me

So this is what football is supposed to feel like. I remember this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Has Madine shown enough to start Tuesday???
    Only if all of the other strikers are injured or suspended!

He actually did OK today but we need much more from him than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    This is very ENCOURAGING.. I might have to apologise for being such a baby about this appointment last week
    I posted on that other thread in a more positive way the other day after the interview and it wasn’t picked up on, strange that init, just my negative comments jumped on.

But yeah I enjoyed that game, we played a bit, switched the play side to side, fullbacks got forward, we passed the ball etc, I can accept long throws and occasionally hoofing it when it’s a little more positive like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Haven't read the whole thread but wasn't impressed with Mr. Bond.

Generous penalty award and I thought our first was offside, of course we might have had a penalty first-half.

Still think we were short-handed in mid-field.
    Their first was handball, we should have had a penalty and also possibly a red card for them, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Steady on now.

It was a bit better, but hardly total football.
    Who mentioned total football? I'm not even talking about the standard of the performance. It was just enjoyable watching a team playing something recognisable as football.

Who mentioned total football? I'm not even talking about the standard of the performance. It was just enjoyable watching a team playing something recognisable as football.
    Surprised he didn’t start his own thread to write that comment.

Re: CHARLTON ATHLETIC v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Harris out
    Was only jesting obviously
    Encouraging performance I thought, not going overboard but a positive start.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Surprised he didn’t start his own thread to write that comment.
    Message board etiquette nazi alert!

I did. You MUST have read it as you mentioned it in YOUR post 🙄

It was a bit better but not Barcelona. Does that help? 🤷*♂️

Message board etiquette nazi alert!

I remember your awayday seat etiquette.

I did. You MUST have read it as you mentioned it in YOUR post ��

It was a bit better but not Barcelona. Does that help? ��*♂️
    are you drunk?

I remember your awayday seat etiquette.
    Talking of which, ironically, the moron who abused me at Burnley last season was sitting just in front of me today.

Still wearing the same Wales track suit top.

Deeply unpleasant person.

Talking of which, ironically, the moron who abused me at Burnley last season was sitting just in front of me today.

Still wearing the same Wales track suit top.

Deeply unpleasant person.
    Just checking with Mike Morris to see if it is OK for me to start a new thread or will I be banned for gross message board misconduct.

are you drunk?
    It really is QUITE simple.

In trying to make a point people often use comparisons, sometimes exaggerated, to make their point.

(This is really pretty simple grammatical technique and something that you MIGHT have picked up in Primary School)

Anyway, as you are struggling with this, I am just saying that today was better football but not markedly so.

So we should be pleased but try to keep this in context.

😱

Far more enjoyable to watch today, nice to see us play a bit and definitely looked threatening up front for a change second half.
    Draw fair result but it could’ve gone either way.

Defence is concerning though, Charlton looked like they were going to score everytime they went forward.

Although it’s better to see us play with a bit of vigour for a change, we need to remember this was a Charlton team ravaged by injuries as well.

It really is QUITE simple.

In trying to make a point people often use comparisons, sometimes exaggerated, to make their point.

(This is really pretty simple grammatical technique and something that you MIGHT have picked up in Primary School)

Anyway, as you are struggling with this, I am just saying that today was better football but not markedly so.

So we should be pleased but try to keep this in context.

😱
    You seem rather unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Far more enjoyable to watch today, nice to see us play a bit and definitely looked threatening up front for a change second half.

Defence is concerning though, Charlton looked like they were going to score everytime they went forward.

Although it’s better to see us play with a bit of vigour for a change, we need to remember this was a Charlton team ravaged by injuries as well.
    I think playing a new way with 5 days training isn’t going to see us come out solid defensively, definitely loads to work on I agree but some positives too.

Their first was handball, we should have had a penalty and also possibly a red card for them, but yeah.
    It wasn’t handball. He played it with his chest.

I can understand people being positive about some of the football given the dire stuff served up this season by Warnock, but it has to be considered that Charlton were missing nine or ten players and had another carried off.

The lad who came on for them in midfield during the second half was recalled from a loan spell at Ebbsfleet this week. That puts things in perspective.

For me, the most refreshing thing was seeing someone other than Warnock on the sidelines. Harris seemed upbeat, which is a start at least. However, I just don’t think this team has anywhere near enough quality to challenge for the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post

Agree with that. A balanced view of the game. Encouraging signs, but let’s keep some perspective

Important not to lose away from home in first game and given our poor away form this season. Stoke won today so sets up big game for first home game.

Noticed Charlton had three of our Academy rejects in their side with their star Welshman International injured? Are we really Capital of Wales? Why sing our National Anthem when the our team and Manager are mainly English?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It wasn’t handball. He played it with his chest.

I can understand people being positive about some of the football given the dire stuff served up this season by Warnock, but it has to be considered that Charlton were missing nine or ten players and had another carried off.

The lad who came on for them in midfield during the second half was recalled from a loan spell at Ebbsfleet this week. That puts things in perspective.

For me, the most refreshing thing was seeing someone other than Warnock on the sidelines. Harris seemed upbeat, which is a start at least. However, I just don’t think this team has anywhere near enough quality to challenge for the play-offs.
    I think I need to check what the pub puts in its Coca Cola then. Because it looked like handball the 15 times I saw it.

First few looks it did look like chest as the angle showed it that way.