+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A new brush sweeps clean - Andy Legg SACKED!!

A new brush sweeps clean - Andy Legg SACKED!!

The club have certainly got behind their new man as after training today Andy Legg was sacked as the u23’s coach.
    I didn’t see that coming!!

Re: A new brush sweeps clean - Andy Legg SACKED!!

Looks like the club at all levels are ditching the long throw then!

Didn't Neil Harris say something in his press conference about Ken Choo intending to make a statement about the future of the academy? It was a question Harris partly dodged (fair enough) but he implied the club had plans to ensure the academy worked better in the future. He didn't say anything about Andy Legg, but maybe this is the start? If the club have got a plan or a strategy I want to hear it!

Craig Bellamy is being brought back in and this time no more Mr. Nice Guy.
    He's going to introduce corporal punishment and water boarding apparently

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Craig Bellamy is being brought back in and this time no more Mr. Nice Guy.
    He's going to introduce corporal punishment and water boarding apparently

that`ll do for minor mistakes, what about the more serious stuff, ...... like not being able to keep the fking ball down.

Shame, for Andy Legg.

Sacked for what though?

There's a difference between being dismissed and settling an exit from employment.

It just gets better hey....

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Didn't Neil Harris say something in his press conference about Ken Choo intending to make a statement about the future of the academy? It was a question Harris partly dodged (fair enough) but he implied the club had plans to ensure the academy worked better in the future. He didn't say anything about Andy Legg, but maybe this is the start? If the club have got a plan or a strategy I want to hear it!
    Well, first priority might be google "competence# JonJon.. I mean, my 11 year old train regularly with uefa pro coaches.
    Why shouldn't the club move up a bit? its not like competence have been A1 priority at the club in recent years..

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Well, first priority might be google "competence# JonJon.. I mean, my 11 year old train regularly with uefa pro coaches.
    Why shouldn't the club move up a bit? its not like competence have been A1 priority at the club in recent years..
    How is that a response to my post? You have lost me. I am totally in favour of competence and moving up - but my only point was that I believed Harris had suggested a statement about the academy was due to be made by Ken Choo, and I want to hear it. That was all!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    How is that a response to my post? You have lost me. I am totally in favour of competence and moving up - but my only point was that I believed Harris had suggested a statement about the academy was due to be made by Ken Choo, and I want to hear it. That was all!
    I am not suggesting you google "competence" JonJon But i would strongly suggest it for the club.. I am sure Harris has nothing to do with youth structure at this moment, but maybe with time.

Where does it say leggy has been sacked link if true

Lol you’re getting the news before WalesOnline- No link - he’s gone !!
    Shame because I liked the guy but football is a funny old game 😉

Strangely enough, on today's WaesOnline football page, they have a review of the U23s game played earlier, where they specifically refer to the team as 'Andy Legg's side'.

James McCarthy the Academy Manager and former PE Teacher has stepped in until a suitable replacement is found.....

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    James McCarthy the Academy Manager and former PE Teacher has stepped in until a suitable replacement is found.....
    I'm sure you know best, but WOL says
    Former Norwich City, Bristol Rovers and Wales under-21s midfielder Tom Ramasut takes over from Legg on a temporary basis as the club seek a permanent appointment.

Ramasut, 42, has coached at the academy for eight years and was in charge of today’s 0-0 draw with Charlton Athletic at Leckwith in Legg’s absence.

I take my hat off to Wales Online....

It seems pretty unfair to lose your job for no good reason. If your boss came in one day and sacked you just because he wanted to change things around a bit then you’d feel very aggrieved especially, if by the boss’s own admission, you had been doing a good job. I think you’d take it to a tribunal. This is the second time he’s been badly treated by Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    It seems pretty unfair to lose your job for no good reason. If your boss came in one day and sacked you just because he wanted to change things around a bit then you’d feel very aggrieved especially, if by the boss’s own admission, you had been doing a good job. I think you’d take it to a tribunal. This is the second time he’s been badly treated by Cardiff.
    Yes, I was thinking that this morning. The WoL article doesn't really make sense if you want to understand why he was sacked

I gave you guys the story before there was a story.
    Unfortunately there’s more too it and I’m afraid that unless the correct remunerations are made and Leggy knowing what he knows - this is going to rumble on....🤐