+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pochettino gone - Mourinho announced as new manager

Re: Pochettino gone

Just been announced Mourinho has been appointed - boring, boring Tottenham.

Quote Originally Posted by lazbian View Post
    14th in the league and pochettino never won anything... why does everyone rate him so much
    That doesn't answer my question though does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Spurs and Mourino in advanced talks
    Spurs fans won’t like this at all.....

Mourinho appointed. Spurs announced it already this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Mourinho appointed. Spurs announced it already this morning.
    Bet it's a three years contract.
    Good for two years, then crap results will see him sacked with a fat settlement cheque, followed by a few months of pundidry, then on to the next 3-year stint.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Bet it's a three years contract.
    Good for two years, then crap results will see him sacked with a fat settlement cheque, followed by a few months of pundidry, then on to the next 3-year stint.
    (Spends a huge amount of money) good for two years, then crap results will see him sacked with a fat settlement cheque.

How does Jose's spending sprees fit into Levy's tightly controlled budgets and Spurs' need to pay off stadium? Is securing Champions League football for this season really worth the risk of appointing Jose over what Poch was continuing to do?

Re: Pochettino gone - Mourinho announced as new manager

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't know enough about the inner workings of the club to answer the question with any certainty, but, from the outside, it seems fair to at least ask if Daniel Levy is holding Spurs back?
    Just like Tan here?

Quote Originally Posted by lazbian View Post
    14th in the league and pochettino never won anything... why does everyone rate him so much
    Have you forgotten how average spurs were before he was appointed? They had qualified once for the champions league and he had them qualifying every year, without spending a ton of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Just like Tan here?
    If Tan took his £150m back out, what do you have - a bankrupt club playing in non league, thats what !!

In Spurs press release Jose says one paragraph "*“I am excited to be joining a Club with such a great heritage and such passionate supporters. The quality in both the squad and the academy excites me. Working with these players is what has attracted me.”

Has there ever been a time since the premier league began where the use of the word academy has become such a vote winner?

If people think poch did nothing at spurs, do you really think they would have had a chance of appointing mourinho 5 years ago?

Daniel Levy who hates spending money employs the man who can't stop spending it. Interesting!

I would even want Mourinho anywhere near our club!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If Tan took his £150m back out, what do you have - a bankrupt club playing in non league, thats what !!
    I thought Tan was converting the debt to equity.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I thought Tan was converting the debt to equity.
    Converting debt to equity means that the club effectively owes the money to its shareholders instead of lenders.
    It just so happens that Vincent Tan is both.
    Say there are £50m shares and £100m debt. Someone buying the club would need to buy the shares and eventually repay the debt, so that’s £150m.
    If the £100m debt is converted to equity, then that’s £150m in shares, so the purchase price remains the same.
    What does change is that the club’s books show no loan, but more shares.
    This makes the club look healthier, since shares are basically only ever paid back in the event of a liquidation of the club and that’s only going to happen if the club goes bust - and there wouldn’t be any money left to pay the shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Converting debt to equity means that the club effectively owes the money to its shareholders instead of lenders.
    It just so happens that Vincent Tan is both.
    Say there are £50m shares and £100m debt. Someone buying the club would need to buy the shares and eventually repay the debt, so that’s £150m.
    If the £100m debt is converted to equity, then that’s £150m in shares, so the purchase price remains the same.
    What does change is that the club’s books show no loan, but more shares.
    This makes the club look healthier, since shares are basically only ever paid back in the event of a liquidation of the club and that’s only going to happen if the club goes bust - and there wouldn’t be any money left to pay the shareholders.
    But tan couldn't "just take his money out". He'd have to sell his shares.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    But tan couldn't "just take his money out". He'd have to sell his shares.
    Exactly, but there are many ways for someone to buy them - look at how the Glaziers bought Man United with leveraged debt, which means putting the debt back into the club.

Football has changed however great you are as a manager, you now have a shorter term periods , as they just run their course , it simply gets stale .

Most of the time yes I'd agree LOM but there are exceptions. Alex Ferguson to name one. He went on a lot more than most and decided when he was going himself.

The Mourinho appointment is an interesting one as people on here and the media have mentioned.
    I do think that it will quite quickly become a case of Mourinho not being happy as soon as the players get tired of his personality antics. I see him chucking his toys out when Levy says there is no more money available to spend on the best players big money can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The useless one must be worried.
    Not sure what’s useless about him tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    In Spurs press release Jose says one paragraph "*“I am excited to be joining a Club with such a great heritage and such passionate supporters. The quality in both the squad and the academy excites me. Working with these players is what has attracted me.”

Has there ever been a time since the premier league began where the use of the word academy has become such a vote winner?
    Does he even care about the youth academy? How many has he played over the years in the PL? (That he has promoted)

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Im referring to Ole.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im referring to Ole.
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How he manages football teams is what’s useless about him.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    How he manages football teams is what’s useless about him.
    Whoosh