+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giggs

Giggs

Shirley in the top three best Welsh managers ever. Any discussion needed?

Re: Giggs

Surely Shirley lol 😂

All credit to him. Qualified from a decent group.
    Proved the doubters wrong.
    Solid performance tonight. Hennessy double save so important.

Deserves all the credit in the world. I think most of us were still scathing of him even a month ago.

Time to crack open another can!

Good on him

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Good on him
    Any Giggs haters want him as City Manager now? A superb Professional performance, he will be offered Premier League jobs after the Euros?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Any Giggs haters want him as City Manager now? A superb Professional performance, he will be offered Premier League jobs after the Euros?
    The boy has done well took some risks early on with younger talen.

Do remember the (whats he doing now comments) ,rescued the qualification in doing so.

Most impressive for me is how he managed the senior players and thier game time .

Would rather Harris.

No.

Good to see him actually enjoying the experience on the TV .

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think most of us were still scathing of him even a month ago.
    One of the reasons I posted this.
    People were merciless when he took over and as you rightly say, even before the Croatia victory was still taking dogs abuse.

He played the top boys just right in the last couple of games.
    Deserves a lot of credit.

What a difference a month makes eh?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    One of the reasons I posted this.
    People were merciless when he took over and as you rightly say, even before the Croatia victory was still taking dogs abuse.

He played the top boys just right in the last couple of games.
    Deserves a lot of credit.

What a difference a month makes eh?

Weren't the same fans as scathing about Coleman when he took over?

Smug: Splash it all over.

Giggs deserved criticism at times during our early games and now he deserves praise for how he has done in the last two international breaks, it's as simple as that. If you truly feel criticism wasn't deserved.after the Hungary away and Azerbaijan at home matches, then I'd say you are as wrong as someone who is still critical of him even after our last two games.

Come off it Bob. You say he has come under "criticism" but much of the time it's been not far short of pure hatred. It was more like he has come under "attack".

I seem to have come across as smug with this posting which was not my intention.
    I just wanted to highlight just how wrong and naiive people can be at times, myself included.
    Also important that the fact that a new manager needs time, especially when blooding youngsters.

Perhaps people might think twice about posting scathing attacks following poor City performances in the future.
    Somehow though I doubt it, especially as it's already started.

This is an exciting time for Wales going forward and many of the squad will have benefited hugely from the qualifying experiences, good and bad.

Huge credit to Giggs no doubt will be forthcoming in your blog

Come off it Bob. You say he has come under "criticism" but much of the time it's been not far short of pure hatred. It was more like he has come under "attack".

I seem to have come across as smug with this posting which was not my intention.
    I just wanted to highlight just how wrong and naiive people can be at times, myself included.
    Also important that the fact that a new manager needs time, especially when blooding youngsters.

Perhaps people might think twice about posting scathing attacks following poor City performances in the future.

This is an exciting time for Wales going forward and many of the squad will have benefited hugely from the qualifying experiences, good and bad.

The criticism was deserved. His early results were poor, he didn’t turn up as a player and his off field antics are pretty loathsome.

Now we’ve moved on, it’s time to reflect as purely a manager which he’s done well as could be expected.

I like the way he’s brought in youth and I do think he’s improving all the time.

This is a better showing of him than what we started with https://mobile.twitter.com/IanMitche...nt-articles%2F

Picking the next batch of young players was a risky move, especially with injuries to our star players. You can see that it took time to get the team playing as was intended and Giggs is adamant that theres a lot more performance still to come. For me though it was the inclusion of Moore that was the big risk. The inclusion of a Wigan striker could have backfired, but Giggs got that one spot on.

It's a great feeling to hit form at the back end of the campaign and now we can take this good feeling forward to the Euro's. If we do well (get out of the group) in the summer I expect he'll have a few high paid jobs to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Would rather Harris.
    I was joking. Would love to have Giggs here. He plays football the right way and brings youngsters through.

Qualifying isn't an easy thing to do for us so he, the staff and the team deserve every credit. Quite comfortable in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The criticism was deserved. His early results were poor, he didn’t turn up as a player and his off field antics are pretty loathsome.

Now we’ve moved on, it’s time to reflect as purely a manager which he’s done well as could be expected.

I like the way he’s brought in youth and I do think he’s improving all the time.

This is a better showing of him than what we started with https://mobile.twitter.com/IanMitche...nt-articles%2F
    He got 64 caps, which puts him about 15th I think in the appearences lsit.

That's more than the likes of Terry Yorath, Kevin Ratcliffe, Cliff Jones, Barry Horne, John Hartson, Danny Gabbidon, Leighton James, Dai Davies, Robbie Savage, John Charles, John Toshack....

The lack of commitment accusation is a bit hollow I think. He pulled out of friendlies, so what? Who really cares about friendlies, didn't bother me then and wouldn't bother me now if Bale or Ramsey sat out all our friendlies to stay fresh. He was dogged by hamstring injuries as well, it wasn't all Fergie. Pretty sure he was there for the key qualifiers which is what matters.

I'm pleased for him, he has had a lot of stick and to turn it around as he has done, in his 1st job as a manager, blooding so many youg players in the process, is pretty impressive. Let's see how he does in the Euros!

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post

That's more than the likes of Terry Yorath, Kevin Ratcliffe, Cliff Jones, Barry Horne, John Hartson, Danny Gabbidon, Leighton James, Dai Davies, Robbie Savage, John Charles, John Toshack....

The lack of commitment accusation is a bit hollow I think. He pulled out of friendlies, so what? Who really cares about friendlies, didn't bother me then and wouldn't bother me now if Bale or Ramsey sat out all our friendlies to stay fresh. He was dogged by hamstring injuries as well, it wasn't all Fergie. Pretty sure he was there for the key qualifiers which is what matters.

I'm pleased for him, he has had a lot of stick and to turn it around as he has done, in his 1st job as a manager, blooding so many youg players in the process, is pretty impressive. Let's see how he does in the Euros!
    Reducing the unimportant matches he played in may very well have contributed to his career being so very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post

This!

Its the risk he took with Moore that transformed our campaign. The last 4/5 games he haven't got much wrong. I wasn't happy when he was appointed but i'm so happy to be proven wrong.

Praying Ramsey stays fit for the tournament now.

It's the element of "where are they know" aimed at critics (which I accept was not your intention) which I don't get. In fact, I don't get the rigid attitudes which say that someone is either always right or always wrong either - it's seldom as simple as that. Giggs struggled in the first half of this qualification group, but, impressively, turned things around in the second half and I agree that a big reason for that was that he was willing to abandon what I believe are his footballing principles to include a player in Keifer Moore, I'm pretty sure, the like of which he had never come across as a team mate in his entire club career.

He deserves a lot of credit for the past four games, got everything absolutely spot on. We have looked a proper team with a focal point in Kieffer Moore. Before that it was aimless and no real plan. He has found a formula that has worked and the last two games were as comfortable as we're going to get. Qualifiying as second seed in the group is par for the course really, so I don't think he's suddenly the new Pep and I can't see him being offered PL jobs after the Euros unless we win it.

It's not hard to work out why the fans have been lukewarm towards him since he started though really isit? Mixed results, inconsistent performances and not exactly a nice person when it comes to personal matters. But results speak louder than anything in football and he has certainly won the fans over with the results in the last five games. Let's hope Neil Harris can do the same...

Anyone who doesn’t rate Ashley Williams is a ‘keeper’ in my book !

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Anyone who doesn’t rate Ashley Williams is a ‘keeper’ in my book !
    But Giggs was a winger?