Portugal
    Turkey
    Denmark
    Austria
    Sweden
    Czech R.

We are in Pot 4

Unless I'm reading it wrong
    Best case: Ukraine, Netherlands, Czech R.
    Worst case: Germany, France, Portugal.

Re: Euro 2020 draw 30 Nov

The only bug is that there isn’t one country you can drop anchor and explore- next years Euro’s are held in twelve different cities across twelve different countries culminating in the semi’s and final at Wembley stadium 😟

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    The only bug is that there isn’t one country you can drop anchor and explore- next years Euro’s are held in twelve different cities across twelve different countries culminating in the semi’s and final at Wembley stadium ��
    Couldn't think of a better venue to win the whole thing by beating the hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    The only bug is that there isn’t one country you can drop anchor and explore- next years Euro’s are held in twelve different cities across twelve different countries culminating in the semi’s and final at Wembley stadium 😟
    Gonna a be case of dropping anchor and exploring a different european city every time. As long as we don’t get games in England it should be fun and interesting. Will a ****in’ mess if we play in England.

Looks very strong with none of the big boys missing out.

Dont agree with how they have seeded it and im not saying that because of our position in pot 4. You are basically being penalised twice for having a tougher group. Whilst its good that there are no nothing games i dont think its fair.

I like the idea of sharing it across europe but i dont think you should get home advantage. Should be less rigid in terms of venues and confirmed once groups are drawn and have qualified so fans have easier travelling.

That bottom group cannot be right to have 3 of 4 teams already confirmed?

Someone at ESPN has worked out, god knows how, that because of host nations and playoffs we will either be in Group A with Italy or Group B with Belgium, Russia and Denmark. It could have been worse I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Someone at ESPN has worked out, god knows how, that because of host nations and playoffs we will either be in Group A with Italy or Group B with Belgium, Russia and Denmark. It could have been worse I suppose.
    Rome and Baku or St Petersburg and Copenhagen. i think you get at least 2 games in one city right?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Rome and Baku or St Petersburg and Copenhagen. i think you get at least 2 games in one city right?
    You do but whether those fixtures are consecutive is another matter.

Ecstatic that Wales made it, but what a bonkers format for travelling fans to put up with.

How the hell are Russia in pot two?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    How the hell are Russia in pot two?
    God knows!
    How the hell are World Champions France in pot two?

Agreed Mac. Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    God knows!
    How the hell are World Champions France in pot two?
    Current European and Nations League Champions Portugal in pot 3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Current European and Nations League Champions Portugal in pot 3.
    Madness! Pot 2 actually looks tougher than pot 1!!

On a separate note I was driving home last night listening to call Rob and in amongst a gaggle of awful calls there was 1 very interesting 1. If you take the 13 who played a part last night and add 2 keepers, plus jonny w, brookes, chester, rodon as certs (depending on your view) then that's 19 so only 4 other places for all the others to fight over!! What a great game to play!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Madness! Pot 2 actually looks tougher than pot 1!!

On a separate note I was driving home last night listening to call Rob and in amongst a gaggle of awful calls there was 1 very interesting 1. If you take the 13 who played a part last night and add 2 keepers, plus jonny w, brookes, chester, rodon as certs (depending on your view) then that's 19 so only 4 other places for all the others to fight over!! What a great game to play!!
    Going to be an interesting 5 months for many of those on the fringes of the wales squad. Not sure what Chesters injury update is but he needs to return soon to stand any chance.

Only Wales or Finland can be drawn in group A & B due to the other groups being reserved for hosts.

C - Rumania, D-Scotland, E-Ireland, F-Hungary. A double whammy for use not getting a host nation slot. This is also one of the drawbacks of doing the draw before you know who have qualified.

Therefore we're either in B alongside Belgium, Russia & Denmark

or A alongside Italy and 9 other potential nations. Worst case, Italy, France & Portugal. Best case Italy, Switzerland, Austria?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Only Wales or Finland can be drawn in group A & B due to the other groups being reserved for hosts.

C - Rumania, D-Scotland, E-Ireland, F-Hungary. A double whammy for use not getting a host nation slot. This is also one of the drawbacks of doing the draw before you know who have qualified.

or A alongside Italy and 9 other potential nations. Worst case, Italy, France & Portugal. Best case Italy, Switzerland, Austria?
    Italy, France and Portugal
    What a great tournament that would be though. We'd probably be winless but it would be exciting.

I read somewhere we were going to be playing games in either Russia and Copenhagen or Italy too and that was before we qualified.

I’ve no idea how they work that stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

So their insistence on having so many hosts has just about ****ed up any chance of fair groups then.

Group B looks very hard as you are playing one of the best teams in the world.in Belgium. Plus have 2 away games against Denmark and Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Group B looks very hard as you are playing one of the best teams in the world.in Belgium. Plus have 2 away games against Denmark and Russia.
    Plus all the travel. This is all ridiculous.

The whole things a joke.

Glad we qualified as we need to get in the habit of it, and it only helps our players gain experience, but honestly it’s hard to get REALLY excited over with all that ****ing about they’re doing with it.

Just give it to one country.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The whole things a joke.

Glad we qualified as we need to get in the habit of it, and it only helps our players gain experience, but honestly it’s hard to get REALLY excited over with all that ****ing about they’re doing with it.

Just give it to one country.
    It clearly hasn’t been thought through for those teams who are not hosts.Its puts us at a massive disadvantage.

It clearly hasn’t been thought through for those teams who are not hosts.Its puts us at a massive disadvantage.
    It does sound a complete farce. All but knowing what group you're in before the draw is made and not knowing who 4 of the teams are!! And then there's the multiple hosts. Platini's parting shot. Has to Ben the one and only time it happens surely!

Don’t really fancy financing a trek around Europe to watch us, I would have gone if it was in one place had to pull out last time due to work going quiet. Hope it’s a one off.

I've got tickets for a match in Rome so I'm hoping for group a although that means 2 matches in Baku. I've tickets for 4 other games but they won't be Wales unless we finish 3rd in a group and end up in Bucharest for last 16 match!!!

Was looking forward to the draw but now that I know we are definitely group a or b it'll be a bit of a let down