+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this the best Welsh team photo yet?

Re: Is this the best Welsh team photo yet?

The English at work just don't get it and are slagging off Bale big time.

Just trolling the press isn't he really? I'm sure some Madrid fans wont see the funny side but that's football fans in general I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Money does not buy respect.
    No, but this should.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    He gets paid 300k+ per week that's why.
    To play football.

He has been frozen out and unfairly so.

It works both ways. Madrid are far from a model football club and he has bitten his tongue for the last couple of years.

The media are cocks as well and their fans are an embarrassment.

He was celebrating with his team and someone hung a flag in front of him that quoted something ridiculous that was said in the press. If he has done anything he is just saying “you can say what you want, it’s no skin off my nose, in fact, I’ll own this tag that I’ve been branded with, see how much I give a feck”

Whilst someone like James Milner might not get caught up in such sillyness, Gareth is a special footballer, in a very unusual position, through no fault of his own.

Madrid can dish it out and should be big enough to take this for what it is. They won’t be though because they are “the greatest team in the world” and nobody should dare cross them.

**** em

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    He probably didn’t see what was printed on the flag. Other players were holding it.

He needs to leave that club pronto. Spurs seems the best fit.
    Of course he did. He's already said that he heard our supporters singing it after he was substituted in Azerbaijan.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    I'm glad I'm not paying him £350,000 a week to be so disrespectful, still, he's one of our own, so it must be amusing.
    Real Madrid are reaping the rewards for just this.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    The English at work just don't get it and are slagging off Bale big time.

Jealous as ever, as they have no world class players

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Bale has won 4 champions leagues, 1 league title, 1 Spanish cup, 3 UEFA super cups and 4 fifa world club cups and scored 104 goals in 190 games, all this despite suffering ongoing calf problems. Despite this the knives have been out for him in Madrid for ages. Why should he respect them when they’ve shown him no respect whatsoever?
    Exactly, the ungrateful cnuts

It’s weird how football fans always insist that players have to be loyal to a club/fans but no one gets annoyed about clubs/fans not being loyal in return.

Madrid stop thinking Bale was needed so the club and the fans treated him like shit. They can’t be surprised when he doesn’t show them “respect”

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    It’s weird how football fans always insist that players have to be loyal to a club/fans but no one gets annoyed about clubs/fans not being loyal in return.

Madrid stop thinking Bale was needed so the club and the fans treated him like shit. They can’t be surprised when he doesn’t show them “respect”
    While I am still reeling in shock that i agree with you, you have summed up the situation, The club, Fans and Press have all turned on Bale and giving him stick over the last 12 months

He is giving some of it back now, sure its light hearted fun, but it is still giving it back, good on him, Time to head home you knows it makes sense

Perhaps Bale is aware he's played his last game for Madrid and is therefore enjoying paying back some of the disrespect he's been awarded by the most tiresomely entitled fans in club football.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Did Aaron finally get bowel movement ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Real Madrid are reaping the rewards for just this.
    I love Bale, love Wales, found the photo amusing, the point I was making was of how we justify those we like. Replace Bale with John Terry in that story he'd be getting crucified. Lee Trundle holds up a flag 'Feck Cardiff', he should be banned, fined etc, Bellamy holds one up 'Feck Swansea' it would be hilarious. Bit like this old, crap joke...

A young mother was pushing her baby along the street in Cardiff when suddenly a huge rottweiler dog lunged towards the pram, gnashing its teeth. The young woman thought for a moment that the dog would kill them when suddenly a man rushed over, wrestled with the rottweiler and broke it's neck with his bare hands.
    Another man rushed to the scene and said, "I am a reporter and I saw everything that happened. Wait until I put the headline in my paper. It will read 'Cardiff City fan saves baby from savage rottweiler!"
    "No you can't write that!" replied the man.
    "But why not?" said the reporter.
    "Because I am not a Cardiff City fan, that's why! I am a Swansea fan" replied the man.
    "Oh I see," said the reporter, "How about this then, 'Jack Bastard kills family pet!"

The crux of this argument is; is the abuse madrid fans, press and staff gave Bale warranted prior to the flag?

Report of Zidane's press conference today:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...to-real-madrid

“There is a lot of noise over the Gareth thing, but in the end the most important thing for me as a coach and him as a player is to focus on the football,” Zidane said. “Everyone has an opinion, everyone has their on thoughts, and [the reaction] is too much already. He went to join his national team, he played and now we get him back again, and we’re delighted to have him back. He has given a lot to the club and I am only going to look at sporting issues. There are a lot of comments outside but I’m not interested. I know a lot of people are, but I’m not.”

It was put to Zidane that Bale looks happier with Wales. “The only thing maybe is the language,” he said, before adding: “When he scored that overhead kick in the Champions league final he looked very, very, very happy to me – and he did that with Madrid.”

It may be politics or PR, but Zidane isn't stoking the issue with the local media and Real fans.

Well handled by Zidane