+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Guess who’s favourite to win the Euro’s 2020?....

Guess who’s favourite to win the Euro’s 2020?....

Engerluund lol 😂 5/1 live odds currently available on Betfair 😳😳😳

On a more positive note I was really impressed with the Welsh performance last night - Harris if you were watching- Pace wins games!!
    Discarded were the old guard and replaced with youthful exuberance- pace right across the back four with a solid midfield and more pace down the flanks !!
    Years ago Wales would have defended a one goal lead dropping deep but it was exciting to watch the attacking football on display!!
    I’m quietly confident that this crop of Welsh talent will go on to better things and I can’t see them fearing any nation they play so with that I’m happy to have a cheeky tenner on us Winning next year at 119/1
    I couldn’t believe the odds myself lol 😳😳😳
    Available now on Betfair ✅
    Even each way is worth a punt at those prices 💴

Re: Guess who’s favourite to win the Euro’s 2020?....

ummmm Portugal?
    ohhhh you already answered the question.

England will always be favs or there abouts so the bookies don’t lose too much if the unthinkable happens..

Pity the french and Spanish are not in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Pity the french and Spanish are not in Europe
    Has Franxit and Spanxit happened already? Didn't even hear they had a referendum!!

Odds are based on risk more than probability.

If France - France will be favourites,
    Germany in Germany etc

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Has Franxit and Spanxit happened already? Didn't even hear they had a referendum!!
    when you look a the betting half of Europe have left , and the only one left is spelt with an E

Aren’t the odds based on where the money goes/where the bookies stand to lose the most money?

Loads of people in the U.K. will bet on England so the odds are kept short to protect the bookies. Add that to them having a lot of games at home and it makes a lot of sense.

England being amognst the four best European nations at the most recent tournament, qualiifying strongly and being the closest nation to playing at home which typically helps. It's not ludicrous to suggest they're going to be there or there abouts again, as long as they keep progressing and don't collapse. However, we're still a distance away from the start of the competition and the last four games for us have shown how things can change quite quickly so too early to have a favourite, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    England being amognst the four best European nations at the most recent tournament, qualiifying strongly and being the closest nation to playing at home which typically helps. It's not ludicrous to suggest they're going to be there or there abouts again, as long as they keep progressing and don't collapse. However, we're still a distance away from the start of the competition and the last four games for us have shown how things can change quite quickly so too early to have a favourite, in my opinion.
    You’re not wrong.

But bookies base their odds on bets placed.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You’re not wrong.

True.
    And the English media and pundits have already told their readers/listeners that there'as only one team in the tournament, hence the number of bets on them/

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    True.
    And the English media and pundits have already told their readers/listeners that there'as only one team in the tournament, hence the number of bets on them/
    It’ll be based loosely on the favs then gradually change as money is put on.

England to win and football to come home.
    You heard it here first.
    Get your money on...

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    England to win and football to come home.
    You heard it here first.
    Get your money on...
    Hope they do.

Makes the maths easier for that song “30 years of hurt”

****ed if I can remember the count now.

In an argument with an Irish mate the other year he brought up the constant reference to 1966 by me and some others.

I said “My old man did say though what a bloody good side that was.”

“Oh I’ve got absolutely no doubt about that. My point is that the difference between your dad and you fellas is at least he ****ing saw that side play...”

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    In an argument with an Irish mate the other year he brought up the constant reference to 1966 by me and some others.

I said “My old man did say though what a bloody good side that was.”

“Oh I’ve got absolutely no doubt about that. My point is that the difference between your dad and you fellas is at least he ****ing saw that side play...”
    Ain’t you youngish? How olds yer old geezer?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You’re not wrong.

Indeed. I listen to German radio and the pundits I was listening to didn't mention England as being one of the three favourites.