+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looking forward to Saturday

Looking forward to Saturday

A young ,talented and enthusiastic new manager. It's the start of a new era and it'll be strange for all real supporters to see a hole on the bench where our beloved Sir Neil should be, but never before at this club has a new manager had such a wealth of diverse talent to pick from, so we wonder which way he'll go.

Whatever happens in the first few games, it's going to be a while before the new balance is established and that'll probably produce a few whacky results, but there's every reason to believe that Neil Harris has the ability to take us forward and mould the club in a very positive way. Depending upon how quickly things settle and how enthused the players are by the new regime, he could easily get us into the play offs this year, but of course that's not a reasonable expectation .

He and the club will be vulnerable to backstabbing and negativity here and on other social media during the transitional period , ( we've already heard Dembeth and the usual suspects tearing the man to bits before he's done anything ), but the more knowledgable and loyal fans will understand that Rome wasn't built in a day.

All in all, I'm looking forward to Saturday which will be the first step on a journey, even though it's a mystery tour at this point.

How do you think the new man can best use the players we've got , and which ones do you think might not fit with his style ?

Re: Looking forward to Saturday

^^^ Parody account ^^^

Didn’t read a word of that.

Tenner says I’ve had a mention or at least been alluded to...

I have read the post and its positive,and hopeful .

By the way if I hadn't read I fail to see why I should tell anyone why ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I have read the post and its positive,and hopeful .

By the way if I hadn't read I fail to see why I should tell anyone why ?
    I don’t ask you why you follow WB and Ronnie around with your tail wagging and tongue up their arses do I?

I’d start by putting Flint up front because he’s effin useless at the back - can’t pass a ball and too slow 😆👍

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    I’d start by putting Flint up front because he’s effin useless at the back - can’t pass a ball and too slow ����

Good point. He's going to be a problem for the new manager because he's a high quality player and very committed but hasn't yet achieved what he could with us. Is it a choice between him and the Captain, and will the captain retain that position ?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Tenner says I’ve had a mention or at least been alluded to...

Obviously you did read it because you don't generally guess successfully about anything, and the odds are huge that you'd pick on this thread to work a thing like that out. In any case, this is a positive thread, so why try and use it as a vehicle for your silliness ?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    ^^^ Parody account ^^^
    Parody of what do you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Parody of what do you think ?
    The Happy Clapper in a church.

No, not at all . It's true that I might be pulling people's legs sometimes , but then at other times I'm perfectly serious. It's hard to tell sometimes even in real life. I don't think I was particularly on any wind up there though, I just thought we needed something to counter all the depressing negativity before anyone started forming mass suicide pacts because they didn't like the choice of manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    I’d start by putting Flint up front because he’s effin useless at the back - can’t pass a ball and too slow 😆👍
    Donkeys are useful at carrying bags and other things...

Good point. He's going to be a problem for the new manager because he's a high quality player and very committed but hasn't yet achieved what he could with us. Is it a choice between him and the Captain, and will the captain retain that position ?
    I started watching the City back in 1968. During all that time, I think only about a handful of players could carry the tag of "high-quality" - Flint doesn't fall into that category.

Ah come on Rock ! Every one of them has been high quality in the sense that being good enough at football to play at a professional level is something pretty good. I know what you mean though, these things are relative and I suppose you could apply different tests.
    Thing is about Flint is that he's a good defender and a very useful man at corners and set pieces who'd be appreciated by most championship teams, but for all that we haven't yet found the way to get the best out of him.

If he has quality he needs to find it fast , although I do remember folk not to taken with Mark Hudson when he arrived , think our problem is its either or between Morrison or Flint , I wonder if Morrison might go in January ?

Obviously you did read it because you don't generally guess successfully about anything, and the odds are huge that you'd pick on this thread to work a thing like that out. In any case, this is a positive thread, so why try and use it as a vehicle for your silliness ?

Who cares ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If he has quality he needs to find it fast , although I do remember folk not to taken with Mark Hudson when he arrived , think our problem is its either or between Morrison or Flint , I wonder if Morrison might go in January ?

I hope not, but if Sir Neil takes another job he might move to the new club. I'm sure he'd like to take his key players with him if he can

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I started watching the City back in 1968. During all that time, I think only about a handful of players could carry the tag of "high-quality" - Flint doesn't fall into that category.
    yes! but because of this thread we now have a high quality player :D

"A young ,talented and enthusiastic new manager."

Have we got shot of Neil Harris & employed somebody else then ?

I hesitate to argue the point , but he fits all those things. He did very well at Millwall with scant rescources and might well do even better here