Thread: Ethan Ampadu

Ethan Ampadu

Seems to be a well grounded lad..

Re: Ethan Ampadu

He did Daniel James too..

We should have snapped him up

Being kept out of the Wales team by a lad playing for Lincoln and only 3 sub appearances for RBL.

Maybe not going to be the world class superstar you like to champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Being kept out of the Wales team by a lad playing for Lincoln and only 3 sub appearances for RBL.

Still very young for the positions he is playing in

Typically youngsters are more likely to break through in positions like on the wing and attacking midfield, where pace and skill can make up for positioning and reading the game.

Aren't many defensive midfielders that make much impression before 24

That said the last few times I've seen Ampadu he's not been that good

Overated by Welsh fans but still young yet,

Needs to play regular football. A stint in the championship would have suited him.

The same for woodburn. Needs regular football.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post

I thought we looked more assured at the back when he came on against Hungary. With James, Ramsey & Bale playing so far forward, you need a CB/DMF minded person in that position. Hungary were coming through our midfield a little too easily in the first half IMO. Morrell is probably better going forward, but you don't really need it with James, Ramsey & Bale in the side, you want somebody in there who is going to protect the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I thought we looked more assured at the back when he came on against Hungary. With James, Ramsey & Bale playing so far forward, you need a CB/DMF minded person in that position. Hungary were coming through our midfield a little too easily in the first half IMO.
    Agreed.

He should be playing regularly in the Championship or even League One. He's getting no experience. Surely, the biggest part of being a pro is managing to maintain a high level of perfomance for 90 minutes every week. There are parks players that could manage a decent 45 minutes with other pros.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He should be playing regularly in the Championship or even League One. He's getting no experience. Surely, the biggest part of being a pro is managing to maintain a high level of perfomance for 90 minutes every week. There are parks players that could manage a decent 45 minutes with other pros.
    He’s good enough to be playing for a lower end PL team or high end Championship team imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He’s good enough to be playing for a lower end PL team or high end Championship team imo.
    I'm not sure about that just yet. Was better the other night but the previous few games he was t great. I think he will come gold though

He could be starting for the 2nd placed team in the Bundesliga this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm not sure about that just yet. Was better the other night but the previous few games he was t great. I think he will come gold though
    We’re not going to find out until he gets a run of games.

He could be starting for the 2nd placed team in the Bundesliga this weekend
    Yep. I’m baffled by some of the comments about his performances. I think he’s been great. Very strong physically. Composed and excellent passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    From what I've heard, Julian Nagelsmann has been modifying the way he plays, and that's why we haven't seen too much of him. RB Leipzig recently put out a club statement saying he won't be leaving them in January, as there was some talk of him returning to Chelsea.

Yep. I’m baffled by some of the comments about his performances. I think he’s been great. Very strong physically. Composed and excellent passing.
    same here

He's playing in the Champions League game this evening.

He's playing in the Champions League game this evening.
    Hang on. He’s only good enough for League Two.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Overated by Welsh fans but still young yet,
    He’ll probably make a decent career for himself and he’s definitely got the time to do it, but yeah he’s overrated by a few.

Never know do we..he’s got a bit there to work with but not all of them make it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He’ll probably make a decent career for himself and he’s definitely got the time to do it, but yeah he’s overrated by a few.

Never know do we..he’s got a bit there to work with but not all of them make it.
    He'll be playing parks football next season NQAT

He'll be playing parks football next season NQAT
    You don’t half go to extremes when you pout.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You don’t half go to extremes when you pout.
    He's very assertive when attacking the ball, whether that's blocking the ball or intercepting or even making a challenge, he doesn't seem to have any doubt in what he wants to do. I think that he could make a good central defender who has the ability to step into midfield whether that's to play as a spare man or make those strong runs when winning possession. He plays a bit like Sol Bamba although with more composure. I still can't make my mind up about him though, he does have a heavy touch on times but can get away with it with those telescopic legs and there is always this misconception about young players who show promise automatically getting better or becoming stronger and more physical, That's simply not the case, Ampadu has the body of a mature athlete already, and strength, he's developed that already, it's whether or not he continues to develop as a footballer that is of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's very assertive when attacking the ball, whether that's blocking the ball or intercepting or even making a challenge, he doesn't seem to have any doubt in what he wants to do. I think that he could make a good central defender who has the ability to step into midfield whether that's to play as a spare man or make those strong runs when winning possession. He plays a bit like Sol Bamba although with more composure. I still can't make my mind up about him though, he does have a heavy touch on times but can get away with it with those telescopic legs and there is always this misconception about young players who show promise automatically getting better or becoming stronger and more physical, That's simply not the case, Ampadu has the body of a mature athlete already, and strength, he's developed that already, it's whether or not he continues to develop as a footballer that is of interest.
    Yeah but I didn’t have a pop at the lad, you’d swear I went on a massive rant the way WB replied...