+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harris - a reflection

Harris - a reflection

After the initial disappointment he'll have the support of most of us. We all want to see Cardiff City do well. I do think he'll have the shortest honeymoon period of any Cardiff City manager I can remember though. If he can bring in a more exciting, attacking style whilst introducing youngsters and do it with success he'll have my support.

Re: Harris - a reflection

It would be bizarre if he didn't have everyone's support. He's the manager of our club. To turn against him before a ball is kicked because you wanted someone else or prejudged what he is going to do is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    It would be bizarre if he didn't have everyone's support. He's the manager of our club.
    You often read comments like 'he'll have my support', but apart from maybe a round of applause when they are introduced before their first home game, how do fans express their support for a new manager? Is it simply holding back on vocal criticism of the team until he's had a few games to settle in?

For instance, Russell Slade - did he have everyone's support when he was appointed? If so, how was that support demonstrated?

We will always support the club because we were born Bluebirds - the manager however is just a custodian of our team.
    Success on the manager’s part however fickle it may seem is purely results based so time will tell.
    I for one will support Neil Harris wholeheartedly- why wouldn’t I ?- but ultimately my judgement will be reviewed after half a dozen games- in the meantime I sincerely wish him all the very best !! ⚽️😃👍

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    We will always support the club because we were born Bluebirds - the manager however is just a custodian of our team.
    Success on the manager’s part however fickle it may seem is purely results based so time will tell.
    I for one will support Neil Harris wholeheartedly- why wouldn’t I ?- but ultimately my judgement will be reviewed after half a dozen games- in the meantime I sincerely wish him all the very best !! ⚽️����
    I actually believe that Neil Harris will prove to be a very good appointment. The appointment of a more well known "name" as a number of supporters seem to have been asking for doesn`t ensure any more chance of success for the team as , let`s be honest , a number of such "names" have had more than their fair share of failures as managers.

Patience will be required though as to give the playing squad the revamp it needs will take a few transfer windows - all that can be done in the short term is to mould the existing team into a more exciting playing style .Some are capable of this , some are not but the selection now has a chance of being based on their talent rather than whether they are a manager`s "favourite".

An encouraging initial move for me has been the changes made to the coaching staff and the stated intention to try and redevelop the Academy set-up to give it more chance of doing what it should do i.e. bringing through a steady stream of some young talent into the first team squad. Recent results by the Wales age group teams containing quite a few CCFC boys suggest that the talent is there to do this.

I totally agree especially with hopefully harnessing academy talent which is there as I often watch both the u23’s and the academy.
    The youth has been neglected for years now posing the question what’s the point on spending vast sums of money - £80,000 per player for the two year scholarship- only for the manager to buy in players in transfer markets.
    Obviously I can understand the managers dilemma being results based where he could be sacked so why trust in the youth but we’ve only got to look at the glowing plaudits Giggs has revelled in on qualification and he put his faith and future in the developing Welsh youngsters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    It would be bizarre if he didn't have everyone's support. He's the manager of our club. To turn against him before a ball is kicked because you wanted someone else or prejudged what he is going to do is ridiculous.
    You what

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    I actually believe that Neil Harris will prove to be a very good appointment. The appointment of a more well known "name" as a number of supporters seem to have been asking for doesn`t ensure any more chance of success for the team as , let`s be honest , a number of such "names" have had more than their fair share of failures as managers.

Patience will be required though as to give the playing squad the revamp it needs will take a few transfer windows - all that can be done in the short term is to mould the existing team into a more exciting playing style .Some are capable of this , some are not but the selection now has a chance of being based on their talent rather than whether they are a manager`s "favourite".

An encouraging initial move for me has been the changes made to the coaching staff and the stated intention to try and redevelop the Academy set-up to give it more chance of doing what it should do i.e. bringing through a steady stream of some young talent into the first team squad. Recent results by the Wales age group teams containing quite a few CCFC boys suggest that the talent is there to do this.
    I agree , bigger the name, bigger the risk, ego clashes , and debt , your last para is key to our future ,why we do't go for or get the Welsh premiership players on loans is beyond me , it maybe they loaning clubs view our current academy and tactics detrimental to their development , my only worries of those we have had in they have disappointed in particular Lawrence and Richards.

Wouldn't it be great if he struck a deal with Gigg's to integrate the the Welsh and City tactics and training paving a way to bring Welsh emerging talent to us on loan or via the academy ??