+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Tomlin

Re: Lee Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    That is ultra critical .
    He is by far the most talented player we have on our books.
    Neil Warnock wasted him by trying to have him do the box to box stuff.

I look forward to seeing how he fairs for Neil Harris .
    Warnock didn't try to have him do the box to box stuff this season. Against Bristol he was invariably our player furthest forward when they had the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Warnock didn't try to have him do the box to box stuff this season. Against Bristol he was invariably our player furthest forward when they had the ball.
    So you’ve never seen him track back when we lose the ball? I know even the laziest should be expected to track back as a minimum definitely, but not the way Warnock wanted it, players like Tomlin and Murphy should track back of course.. but their main reason for being on the pitch is to attack and not be a second right back or and other CDM.. which is how we played.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So you’ve never seen him track back when we lose the ball? I know even the laziest should be expected to track back as a minimum definitely, but not the way Warnock wanted it, players like Tomlin and Murphy should track back of course.. but their main reason for being on the pitch is to attack and not be a second right back or and other CDM.. which is how we played.
    Of course he tracks back, but he also stays further forward than any of our other players, which is hardly what you would expect from someone being asked to play a box-to-box role.

For me he’s a player to come off the bench when we need a goal. I absolutely love watching him play.

I think we are best suited to a counter attacking style and he doesn’t fit into this. However as an option when teams are sitting back deep and invited us into them he is invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Of course he tracks back, but he also stays further forward than any of our other players, which is hardly what you would expect from someone being asked to play a box-to-box role.
    Someone else said box to box.

I said Warnock had him playing like another midfielder and the wingers like extra L/RB

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    For me he’s a player to come off the bench when we need a goal. I absolutely love watching him play.

I think we are best suited to a counter attacking style and he doesn’t fit into this. However as an option when teams are sitting back deep and invited us into them he is invaluable.
    His link up with Boyle promotion season v Ipswich was counter attacking and ****ing class!!!

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Someone else said box to box.

I said Warnock had him playing like another midfielder and the wingers like extra L/RB
    You have to play him and the team like that.
    You don’t play the wingers as protection that, then slow Peltier is left exposed with a 2v1 resulting in Flint being dragged across and beaten for pace allowing them in behind.

What else are you going to do with Midfield? Remove Bacuna and play him would mean we have a one manned midfield with the slowest man doing everything. Adding him would mean we have a 4-4-2/4-2-4. That didn’t work against the Jacks

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    You don’t play the wingers as protection that, then slow Peltier is left exposed with a 2v1 resulting in Flint being dragged across and beaten for pace allowing them in behind.

What else are you going to do with Midfield? Remove Bacuna and play him would mean we have a one manned midfield with the slowest man doing everything. Adding him would mean we have a 4-4-2/4-2-4. That didn’t work against the Jacks
    It sure why I’ve been replied to in all honesty.

I dunno .
    Maybe he doesn’t do enough 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post

Remove Bacuna for Ralls and Tomlin for Patterson. Thats our best 3.