+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madine starts upfront tomorrow....

CardiffCitySince1927

Re: Madine starts upfront tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Fair play to Madine the only way he can answer his critics is by putting in a performance and I think he’s been better than any other striker I’ve seen in a blue shirt so far this season ��
    I feel that Bacuna and him are the only one’s giving it their all...
    It’s just his all is shit

I think Madine has shown enough to start on Tuesday?....I’ll keep you posted ⚽️👍

I think Madine has shown enough to start on Tuesday?....I’ll keep you posted ⚽️��
    Thanks, Gary's mum.

GM played pretty well without really doing anything, if that makes sense.
    He is quite predictable the way he plays, in contrast Bogle who has a trick or two and looks more of a goal threat.

Not knocking Madine though, he was part of a decent first team showing under the new manager.

Glatzel out
    Ralls out
    Pack and Bacuna in the middle
    Morrison back but not starting- Pelts,Nelson,Flint and Bennett at the back
    Hoilett and Lang in but no Murphy

Madine definitely Starts upfront

Hope this helps ⚽️🤫👍
    You are Neil Harris, and I claim my five pounds sir!

Ha I’ve been called Aaron’s dad, Gary’s mum - Neil Harris and unfairly a troll ???
    What other site??
    I feel better now than I did at half time that’s for sure - have a great weekend lads and see you on Tuesday ⚽️😂👍

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    You are Neil Harris, and I claim my five pounds sir!
    If I had to guess I’d go Callum Paterson

Damn busted.... I forgot to include myself in my posted team sheet lol 😉

Damn busted.... I forgot to include myself in my posted team sheet lol 😉
    Unbelievable how you posted from the pitch durning the game.

Guessing that’s Callum Patterson crossed off the list as well then lol 😆..Don’t forget I told everyone that Leggy had been sacked ... still no mention of it in WalesOnline? 🧐

Guessing that’s Callum Patterson crossed off the list as well then lol 😆..Don’t forget I told everyone that Leggy had been sacked ... still no mention of it in WalesOnline? 🧐
    Yeah ok Mozza

Better cross off Mozza as well...👍
    Cool name tho 😎

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The way we have played helps. But yes.
    Let's be honest though, if that was better than any other striker this season that's an awfully low bar that's been set - I reckon Glatzel's been better than that at times.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Let's be honest though, if that was better than any other striker this season that's an awfully low bar that's been set - I reckon Glatzel's been better than that at times.
    Think Glatzel will suit us better under Harris than he did Warnock.

Glatzel looks a far better prospect than Madine at the moment .
    Perhaps a couple of goals would change that ?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So a new manager gets a fresh start and we all have to back him blindly.

But players are a different are they?

So they don’t all get a clean slate and it’s ok to bash them? But we can’t say a bad word against the manager.

Hmmm
    His performance yesterday only confirmed to me that we must make every effort in January to offload him.
    Even if the fee is £1m, simply get rid

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    His performance yesterday only confirmed to me that we must make every effort in January to offload him.
    Agree I just don’t think he’s a championship player at all. His movement is non existent and he isn’t even that good in the air. Had a few good chances from headers and couldn’t even get them on target.

In all fairness he was ok and performed better than I expected. But I'd still like us to get rid of him. We need better.

Guessing that’s Callum Patterson crossed off the list as well then lol ��..Don’t forget I told everyone that Leggy had been sacked ... still no mention of it in WalesOnline? ��
    Andy Legg is still showing as an u23 coach alongside Jarred Harvey on the club website.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/club-staff/academy

Not that the club website is a reliable source for anything!

I watched the Boro v Hull game earlier and even though it was a similar game to ours in that Hull were 2-0 down at H/T and managed to get a 2-2 draw, it wasn't a good watch.
    Both teams have little quality to challenge for anything and the strikers on show looked average.

I guess what I am saying is that we have to be realistic and manage our expectations. We, like they, probably have enough to compete in this league and maybe make a play off challenge but little more.

I don't see us getting much better in than GM and unless someone comes in with a daft offer for him then we might as well hold on to him, especially while the transfer embargo still hangs over us.

Hopefully the new manager can get more out of him, and the current bunch than Warnock could.

Ward, Glatzel and Bogel are all better than Madine.

Bobby Reid would have been much better in that side that Madine yesterday.

He doesn’t move, he’s not that great in the air and he doesn’t really bring anyone into play by holding it up.

I’m sure he works hard but he’s not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Ward, Glatzel and Bogel are all better than Madine.

Bobby Reid would have been much better in that side that Madine yesterday.

He doesn’t move, he’s not that great in the air and he doesn’t really bring anyone into play by holding it up.

I’m sure he works hard but he’s not good enough.
    Agreed and let’s not forget, there is every chance that Reid will be back at the end of the season.
    Fulham took him on a season long loan with the opportunity to make it permanent, however, he has been unable to hold a regular first team spot so they may decide NOT to pay the £10m and let him come back ?

Leggy definitely gone
    I’m surprised WalesOnline haven’t picked up on it yet
    James McCarthey the Academy manager is filling in until a suitable replacement is found ⚽️👍

Leggy definitely gone
    I’m surprised WalesOnline haven’t picked up on it yet
    James McCarthey the Academy manager is filling in until a suitable replacement is found ⚽️��
    Leggy was on the Call Rob phone in yesterday. A caller mentioned him being at the club and he never corrected them. I guess they are not ready to announce officially or they hope to let the news slip by

I think someone is going to want more than £1m to take him on. I dread to think what we will have to spend to get rid of flint. Although in the spirit of allowing everyone a new start under Harris, I would actually like to see him start 3 more (this season is a dead rubber already so let's just work out who we can use next year)

Do footballers ever get put on Performance Improvement Plans? Being sacked is hard in the UK but it's not impossible. Weve had a mountain of utter shit players, why has none of them been sacked?