+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nelson (Red Card?)

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Nelson (Red Card?)

Appears to be conclusive on TV replays.

Wasn't booked, so powers that be will probably give him a few games off.

CardiffCitySince1927

Re: Nelson (Red Card?)

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

I mean, I don’t rate him personally, but he’s better than Flint

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

Would almost certainly have been a red card if the ref had seen it, but it would have been soft all the same.

Do players get retrospectively punished for such things in the Championship? I honestly don’t know the answer to that.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Would almost certainly have been a red card if the ref had seen it, but it would have been soft all the same.

Do players get retrospectively punished for such things in the Championship? I honestly don’t know the answer to that.
    Yeah they do.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Bellamy got a retrospective red card against Swansea ... I think it was in the Premier League

Doesn’t it depend if the ref saw it?

Yes if the ref saw it and done nothing no red card, but if the ref did not see it then it could be looked at by the panel

Missed that. What happened??

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Missed that. What happened??
    Possible kick out against a Charlton player when they both hit the ground in our box and Nelson was trying to get free and back to his feet. Most of the incident was OK - even though he caught the other player with his studs - but right at the end he moved one boot back into the Charlton player's shoulder in a secondary action. No great force but in slow motion it looked naughty. It was picked up by the Sky studio after the match as an 'incident' where Nelson may have got away with something.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Possible kick out against a Charlton player when they both hit the ground in our box and Nelson was trying to get free and back to his feet. Most of the incident was OK - even though he caught the other player with his studs - but right at the end he moved one boot back into the Charlton player's shoulder in a secondary action. No great force but in slow motion it looked naughty. It was picked up by the Sky studio after the match as an 'incident' where Nelson may have got away with something.
    Good summary, although it was a definite (but soft) kick out and the commentary team picked it up when it actually happened. Stupid move by Nelson, no need of it at all, and I guess it could be regarded as violent conduct, although the Charlton player would have barely felt it even if he had connected properly, which he didn't.

Good summary, although it was a definite (but soft) kick out and the commentary team picked it up when it actually happened. Stupid move by Nelson, no need of it at all, and I guess it could be regarded as violent conduct, although the Charlton player would have barely felt it even if he had connected properly, which he didn't.
    Very stupid on his part too, if Morrison or bamba get back in he might be on the bench for the rest of the season.

Ah right. If this was 2nd half it would have been at the opposite end, so no chance I would have seen that 😂