+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pension age rise.

Pension age rise.

Women have had their pension age moved to 66.That's £168 x 52 x6 =£52416 yes thats right £52416 .Men have lost £8736.Get Brexit done LOL
    I'm laughing I'm 67 /I get my state pension and company pension.Keep working lads and pay your N.I stamp so I can live in comfort.
    Don't forget GET BREXIT DONE

Re: Pension age rise.

What's all that got to do with Brexit ?

I think he's trying to say that the idiotic decision to leave Europe is going to shaft the very people who voted for it right up the rear end

At least I think that's what he means

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think he's trying to say that the idiotic decision to leave Europe is going to shaft the very people who voted for it right up the rear end

At least I think that's what he means
    That's right spot on

We were in the EU when the pension age for men rose to 67. What's leaving the EU got to do with it?

If you read European commision reports, and individual countries views of life expectancy they are all of the opinion that tge retirement age will have to rise to cope with the ability to sustain pension payouts .

Strange one this, we hear the horror stores of the NHS, and peoples life expectancy rising because of good health care.

Somone is doing something right ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If you read European commision reports, and individual countries views of life expectancy they are all of the opinion that tge retirement age will have to rise to cope with the ability to sustain pension payouts .

Strange one this, we hear the horror stores of the NHS, and peoples life expectancy rising because of good health care.

Have you honestly ever read a European commission report?

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    That's right spot on

You could move to Ukraine before we leave and there you can retire at 60. Most other places it's about the same, but you get to be a senior citizen in the USA at 55, so maybe it'll be better once they take over the NHS and start selling assault rifles here under the new trade deal.

I thought life expectancy had levelled out now?

At 18 when you start work you should be told categorically when you will receive state pension. Current system resembles a pyramid scheme where it looks like anybody under 50 is going to get utterly screwed to pay for unrealistic promises made in the past.

It's a poor reflection that we don't provide a good pension for everyone between 55 and 60. Like so many other areas of the "welfare state" there are increasingly expensive mad ambitions which can't be fulfilled but basic decent standards are not enacted.

At 17 it was 65 for me, and I started a personnel pension scheme to align with 65, i do wish I paid more into it to retire at 60, just checked on the gov. web site and yes it's now 67 for me, but I will not work one day past my 65 birthday if i get there!!. I'm quite happy to contribute until 65, it's quite evident on this website that the modern day extreme lefty, typically career desk jockey in a gov dept. retire at 60 with a lumper and like to saint themselves, and seem quite happy that the generation born a couple of years too late have to wait a few more years to get a basic state pension and gloat about it as if every person of this generation voted out, it's like saying every single Cardiff fan is a hooligan based on the previous reputation of the soul crew isn't it ?. I consider myself a little fortunate now, I sit at a desk all day and do not have a physical job, but how are the likes of say roofers supposed to be climbing over roofs at 66/67, 67 isn't going to be the last rise in retirement age either, there isn't an easy fix, people are living longer, population is expanding and I aint voting again!!!, it's just an illusion of choice.
    They want you DIVIDED.
    DIVIDED by RACE.
    DIVIDED by RELIGION.
    DIVIDED by CULTURE.
    DIVIDED by CLASS.
    DIVIDED by POLITICAL AFFILIATION.
    DIVIDED YOU ARE WEAK.
    TOGETHER YOU ARE STRONG.
    "Q"

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    At 17 it was 65 for me, and I started a personnel pension scheme to align with 65, i do wish I paid more into it to retire at 60, just checked on the gov. web site and yes it's now 67 for me, but I will not work one day past my 65 birthday if i get there!!. I'm quite happy to contribute until 65, it's quite evident on this website that the modern day extreme lefty, typically career desk jockey in a gov dept. retire at 60 with a lumper and like to saint themselves, and seem quite happy that the generation born a couple of years too late have to wait a few more years to get a basic state pension and gloat about it as if every person of this generation voted out, it's like saying every single Cardiff fan is a hooligan based on the previous reputation of the soul crew isn't it ?. I consider myself a little fortunate now, I sit at a desk all day and do not have a physical job, but how are the likes of say roofers supposed to be climbing over roofs at 66/67, 67 isn't going to be the last rise in retirement age either, there isn't an easy fix, people are living longer, population is expanding and I aint voting again!!!, it's just an illusion of choice.
    They want you DIVIDED.
    DIVIDED by RACE.
    DIVIDED by RELIGION.
    DIVIDED by CULTURE.
    DIVIDED by CLASS.
    DIVIDED YOU ARE WEAK.
    TOGETHER YOU ARE STRONG.
    "Q"
    Fone dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

At 18 when you start work you should be told categorically when you will receive state pension. Current system resembles a pyramid scheme where it looks like anybody under 50 is going to get utterly screwed to pay for unrealistic promises made in the past.
    https://www.nhs.uk/news/medical-prac...tries-improve/

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    They want you DIVIDED.
    DIVIDED by RACE.
    DIVIDED by RELIGION.
    DIVIDED by CULTURE.
    DIVIDED by CLASS.
    DIVIDED YOU ARE WEAK.
    TOGETHER YOU ARE STRONG.
    "Q"
    Bold bit is the kicker. As knowledge increases and scientific techniques improve it is going to be pretty hard to justify making those who live shorter lives pay for those who live longer, especially if the underlying reasons for their young demise are down to genetics and detectable earlier in life...

No government or party is willing to talk about this kind of stuff because being pragmatic is a vote loser. In fairness to May, she tried to address this burden and the Tory core vote screamed treason. No one will touch it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

It is a Ponzi scheme. There's no individual or even segregated State Pension fund containing people's contributions. Payments go into and out of the same pot as everything else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It is a Ponzi scheme. There's no individual or even segregated State Pension fund containing people's contributions. Payments go into and out of the same pot as everything else does.
    Yeah, that is another way it is completely ****ed up. 'I have paid in my whole life' just doesn't fly when they already spent everything you paid in times a million on other shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    If utility business are privatized , will that effect peoples pensions. ?

They already are.

I will assume you mean nationalised...Lots of decisions that governments, companies and individuals take have an effect on pensions, for examples our likely Brexit destination...