+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: For anyone who enjoyed how we played in the 2nd half...

For anyone who enjoyed how we played in the 2nd half...

...don't get used to it. This is from Harris's post match interview:

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Harris
    The second half was like a basketball game - end to end - and Charlton can play like that.

"It's not how I want us to play - I want us to have more control and in the first half I thought we had huge control of the football
    Ah well, back to lump it the big guy up front it is then.

Re: For anyone who enjoyed how we played in the 2nd half...

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

He clearly says he wants us to have more control.. like in the first half. It’s there. Read it.

I had a pop at his appointment but let’s not go making stuff up to suit a negative agenda.

We were wide open at the back in the second half and could easily have conceded several more goals.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We were wide open at the back in the second half and could easily have conceded several more goals.
    Probably why he’s quoted as saying he wants more control then.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I’d rather lose a game taking risks and trying to turn 1 point into 3 than just defend and spoil and hoof. It was like a game from the DJ era in the 2nd half. Every game won’t be like that but it was an enjoyable half of football

Not sure what to say about someone preferring to lose than failing to entertain, ( it's PROFESSIONAL football you know ).
    Overall there were many positives and it's the start of a new era which I don't doubt will improve , but it'll take time.
    I thought that was the best performance yet by Gary Madine, although we're still waiting for the six million pound goal. I'm delighted to have been proven wrong about Lee Tomlin ,who was magnificent not only with his goal and skills but his chasing back and commitment.
    I'm kind of coming back to the idea that Omar Bogle can't cut it though, which is a pity.
    I'm not sure how quickly success might come but I think we can look forward to an interesting ride in the near future

A difficult game for any club with a new manager, but creditable by all concerned.

You have got to weigh any positives today up against the fact our opponents got promoted from league 1 and had 10 on the injury list and we came down from the Premier league and have spunked millions on shite.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

We didn’t play hoof ball in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    You have got to weigh any positives today up against the fact our opponents got promoted from league 1 and had 10 on the injury list and we came down from the Premier league and have spunked millions on shite.

Yeah, well be that as it may, we start from where we are and today was a new start. Actually we've got an embarrassment of good players which most championship managers would love to have at their disposal, and it's a question of using them properly and perhaps trimming the squad a bit. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Yeah, well be that as it may, we start from where we are and today was a new start. Actually we've got an embarrassment of good players which most championship managers would love to have at their disposal, and it's a question of using them properly and perhaps trimming the squad a bit. Time will tell.
    Name 1 of our players that West Brom would want.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I thought that was the best performance yet by Gary Madine, although we're still waiting for the six million pound goal
    Bang average, how easily pleased we have become.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Yes. Charlton are added to the list of teams that have got promoted and started life really well in this division while we add ourselves to the list of teams that get relegated from the Premier League and are shite. I wonder why?......

2019-11-23-charlton-cardiff.jpg

Shot based xG suggests that the first half was pretty even and we were unlucky to be 2 behind, and we were clearly better in the second.
    It's a big ask to expect a team to be more attacking without leaving more chances themselves when chasing a game

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    2019-11-23-charlton-cardiff.jpg

Shot based xG suggests that the first half was pretty even and we were unlucky to be 2 behind, and we were clearly better in the second.
    It's a big ask to expect a team to be more attacking without leaving more chances themselves when chasing a game
    Pretty much how I saw it.
    Thought we were unlucky to be behind at HT and at 2 down you have to throw caution to the wind