+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aden Flint

Re: Aden Flint

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I heard it was £4m +£2m if we got promoted, so £4m then. Still too much, he was all over the place yesterday, he wasn't even in the TV picture when they attacked and scored their first goal. I though Nelson was poor yesterday too, and our defence was all over the place. The positive is that we do have attacking players who can play well, but Flint seems to have worsened the defence, he's played every game too, so no coincidence.
    I think he had gone up for a corner or free kick.
    That was definitely what happened for the 2nd.

Is it his fault the rest of the defenders can’t cope when he goes up for a set piece ?

I think the criticism of him is harsh. Almost like ‘we need to blame someone’, so he gets it.

Bit like Hudson and Morrison before him.

His stats are excellent- best ratings in the club, although I’ve found that many on this board aren’t keen on objective measures

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I may be wrong, but watching the game yesterday, it looked like Nelson was playing on the left, when in the previous game, he was on the right. My immediate thought is that this was a 'try-out', to see how he got on, playing on the left. If it worked, then when Morrison was fit, he (Morrison) would step back in on the right, Nelson stays left, and Flint would find himself on the bench. So did it work? Hmm, hard to say. Nelson didn't look that comfortable on his 'wrong' side, so it might be we have to wait for both Morrison and Bamba to return, before we get a more reliable (if error-prone) defence.
    Nelson and Bennett got done by their winger for the first goal

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Morrison and Nelson should be the pairing for me
    I think all of us fans question the centre pairing.
    For me, Nelson has played quite well since he came in.
    Morrison is slow and awkward, giving away too many free kicks and penalties. However, Morrison and Flint are much the same and do not work well together.
    Can Morrison pair better with Nelson ? Would Bamba fit ?
    I think the new manager needs a few weeks to come to a decision.
    If it was Warnock, he would simply continue with his favourites

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why would anyone care about that?

Say Flint was actually decent, would it bother you if you found out that he had a few drinks one Saturday night and then went on the internet?
    What the **** are you talking about

Expecting Bamba to be the player he was after out so long

I'd say he's been our best CB this year but in no way worth £6milllion and I'd have offered half of to Boro. My issue is therefore with the transfer committee rather than the player.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'd say he's been our best CB this year but in no way worth £6milllion and I'd have offered half of to Boro. My issue is therefore with the transfer committee rather than the player.
    That’s a fair shout. However read above and the fee was £4m which isn’t much over half the £6m you mentioned

He looked quite comfortable on the ball yesterday, but we looked dodgy at the back all game. Not sure why he gets more grief than the others.

Should have scored mind.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I was thinking the same reading your original post mind. Who actually gives a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I was thinking the same reading your original post mind. Who actually gives a ****.
    My point was it was a classless post made by someone pissed on a Saturday night when they should have something better to do. It’s embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    That’s a fair shout. However read above and the fee was £4m which isn’t much over half the £6m you mentioned
    If it is £4million then I am still uneasy over the transfer fee but it is a little better. I value him at £2.5million to £3million seeing as he has the ability to make us defensively strong in the Championship but is very much a short term fix.

However bad flint is at football at least he doesn’t spend his Saturday nights pissed posting abuse on a football messageboard
    How do you know?

Good article from Wales Online (really!) about Flint and the defensive options Harris has to get right.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ndrum-17308211

I'm making reference to the really weak point you made. Being: that despite the fact that Flint is shit and cost the club we all support up to six million pounds, it's somehow not as bad as some anonymous bloke on here having a few drinks and posting about it. Do you understand now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Nelson and Bennett got done by their winger for the first goal
    It wasn't a winger, it was a centre orward who was playing for Leyton Orient in the Conference last season. Flint has his limitations, but the point is that all of our defenders do this year - even Peltier, our best out and out defender, was skinned by the young substitute winger Charlton brought on in the closing minutes. Sorry for sounding like a stuck record with this, but our defence, particularly through the middle, is going.to struggle to contain the sort of forwards favoured by many Championship sides these days because they have slow reactions, large turning circles, are heavy legged and won't keep up with most of the players they have to mark in a foot race - we needed a Danny Gabbidon or Matt Connolly type centre back in the summer and signed Flint!

Nelson had his poorest league match so far for me and was, arguably, lucky to stay on the pitch after a kick on the player who beat him and Bennett for the first goal and, as mentioned earlier, our midfield was found out when it came to tracking runners - I agree, we need three central midfielders because we're going nowhere this season if we keep on conceding two goals per game on our travels.

As for Sol Bamba, I heard an interview with Simon Jordan last weekend when he talked about Neil Harris' appointment and he said he'd heard that there was an issue in the dressing room about players who are not prepared to accept that they cannot cut it at this level any more - no names were mentioned, but there are certain players that spring to mind reading that aren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good article from Wales Online (really!) about Flint and the defensive options Harris has to get right.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ndrum-17308211
    I think it was clear from yesterday's performance that Harris wants the team to press higher up the pitch when we don't have the ball, but I'm not convinced it's a great idea with the players that are available to him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm making reference to the really weak point you made. Being: that despite the fact that Flint is shit and cost the club we all support up to six million pounds, it's somehow not as bad as some anonymous bloke on here having a few drinks and posting about it. Do you understand now?
    I just think it’s a bit sad to be making such an abusive post at any time, but on a Saturday night at 1am it’s just shite.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It wasn't a winger, it was a centre orward who was playing for Leyton Orient in the Conference last season. Flint has his limitations, but the point is that all of our defenders do this year - even Peltier, our best out and out defender, was skinned by the young substitute winger Charlton brought on in the closing minutes. Sorry for sounding like a stuck record with this, but our defence, particularly through the middle, is going.to struggle to contain the sort of forwards favoured by many Championship sides these days because they have slow reactions, large turning circles, are heavy legged and won't keep up with most of the players they have to mark in a foot race - we needed a Danny Gabbidon or Matt Connolly type centre back in the summer and signed Flint!

Nelson had his poorest league match so far for me and was, arguably, lucky to stay on the pitch after a kick on the player who beat him and Bennett for the first goal and, as mentioned earlier, our midfield was found out when it came to tracking runners - I agree, we need three central midfielders because we're going nowhere this season if we keep on conceding two goals per game on our travels.

As for Sol Bamba, I heard an interview with Simon Jordan last weekend when he talked about Neil Harris' appointment and he said he'd heard that there was an issue in the dressing room about players who are not prepared to accept that they cannot cut it at this level any more - no names were mentioned, but there are certain players that spring to mind reading that aren't there.
    As much as it would be nice to see Sol back I wouldn’t be surprised to see him follow Warnock wherever he ends up

As for the striker/winger thing.. easy mistake as he cut in from the wing.

I’ve got to admit I’m not always good at telling opposition players apart especially when I’ve not seen them before

I just think it’s a bit sad to be making such an abusive post at any time, but on a Saturday night at 1am it’s just shite.
    You don't really care. There are posters that come on here (I'm guessing sober) day in, day out just to talk bollocks and wind people up. That's worse in my opinion. I may be wrong, but I believe Der Kaiser has been critical of Flint in the past. There's no law against having a few drinks and ranting on a messageboard. At least he was talking football.

Anyway, it's Flint's fault. It's probably all the goals we've conceded down to him that drove DK to booze in the first place.

I’ve said it in other threads that Flint should be played upfront!!!
    He would be a great target man - in defence he is a liability and all on here have seen that.
    He can’t pick a pass - he was at fault for the first goal yesterday by lashing the ball to Bacuna who had no way of controlling it 🙃
    He turns slower than a barge and his all arms and legs style gives away too many free kicks.
    Re- invent his position and throw him up front- can anyone name one striker on our books that should start every week???

If you're bothered by players getting called '****ing shit' or compared to Spencer Prior (that is out of order on my behalf), then I'm not really sure football, or any other sport is for you. Yes, I'd had a beverage, I'm not really sure Aden is actually going to read this post, but if he does you never know, maybe it will inspire a positive performance from him!

Sorry for hurting your feelings xox

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I hope you are reading this Aden, I really do, someone needs to tell you that you are ****ing shit. Your are absolutely ****ing terrible, and you are living off one anomalous season at Bristol. You are potentially our worst ever signing for value, and that's saying something considering the players we've previously wasted money on over the years. You're a late candidate, but you are without a doubt this decade's Spencer Prior.
    Is that the Spencer Prior that has the rare distinction of not conceding a goal in an entire playoff campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    He s costing us at least 1 goal per game.

He tried to carry the ball out of defence yesterday and fired it straight into Bacuna (I believe) at short range. they then broke on us and he tried to cover back like an asthmatic ant carrying some heavy bags of shopping.

what is the point of sending him up for set plays? The opposition know its going to punted/thrown long to im and he wins less than 75% of balls in the opposition box as its pretty easy to mark him - I'd think Ralls would win more in the air.

He's not as good as Spencer Prior or Rhys Weston for that matter. He is Jorn Schwinkendorf reincarnated - a walking calamity.

Nelson I thought did well to cover him in the circumstances yesterday but the sooner the giant redwood is out and we have our promotion winning captain put back in his place the better.

Its not rocket science. Our defence is shocking this season and there is one new factor in there - Flint

Get him out now!!
    Our defence was shocking last season too

He got pulled all over the place yesterday. Wether he was given instruction from Harris to go with the striker I do not know but at times both he and Nelson were 20 / 30 yards apart.

Id support the thought Flint has been our best centre half ,6 million buys bugger all these days .

Morrison has been a shadow of his former self.

If we want to criticise defenders look no further than the full backs .

Equally you need to view our defensive ability in midfield.

There are many area of our team that are poor, I guess Flint is an easy target , id say Bennett has committed just as many or maybe more errors.