+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aden Flint

Aden Flint

I hope you are reading this Aden, I really do, someone needs to tell you that you are ****ing shit. Your are absolutely ****ing terrible, and you are living off one anomalous season at Bristol. You are potentially our worst ever signing for value, and that's saying something considering the players we've previously wasted money on over the years. You're a late candidate, but you are without a doubt this decade's Spencer Prior.

Re: Aden Flint

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I hope you are reading this Aden, I really do, someone needs to tell you that you are ****ing shit. Your are absolutely ****ing terrible, and you are living off one anomalous season at Bristol. You are potentially our worst ever signing for value, and that's saying something considering the players we've previously wasted money on over the years. You're a late candidate, but you are without a doubt this decade's Spencer Prior.
    Stop sitting on the fence! do you rate him or not? 😉

In the words of barney grumble..
    Drunk talk beautiful drunk talk.

Absolute waste of £6m. Boro must have been pissing themselves when we came in for him. No pace, no ability on the ball and gets too tight and turned far too easily with no ability to recover. Another Warnock expensive dud and bought to play alongside Morrison which is even more mystifying!

The trouble is, have we got anyone else to replace him that is any better

Post of the year

Flint alongside a Rookie CB with the 'snail' playing in front means we're unlikely to win many games this season. I don't really know what Morrison did wrong, though playing with two broken wrists must have hampered his confidence, but
    this side really, really misses Bamba. Until he returns we're in trouble..

Quote Originally Posted by beakerboyblue View Post
    The trouble is, have we got anyone else to replace him that is any better
    Morrison and Bamba.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Morrison and Bamba.
    'Ready to go' I think he means.

I've made my mind up about Flint now as well. I don't think he's good enough.

Morrison wasn't up to much in his first season though was he?

Christ, that's some post. Whoops,

That being said, he is shit.

I feel a bit sad that it’s all gone south for Aden.
    As a player in his prime with us he scored a lot of goals, was part of a strong defence and his confidence was sky high.

BUT:
    - He was always slow
    - his heading was usually just straight forward without thinking about to a man
    - He always had a frustrating route one tendency

You blokes (with some reason) used to take the piss out of me for how many route one balls we’d play.

This bloke was 60 odd percent of them!!!

So what’s happened is the pluses have gone.
    He’s not scoring goals, his confidence has gone and he’s not been playing as part of a defence that can cover him...
    So you’re left with the glaring negatives.

For me the obvious mark of a player is if you sold him, who would come in for him?

Marlon Pack for example I think you’d have 6 or 7 Championship clubs who’d take him.

Flint?
    Barnsley? If not probably League One clubs.
    Says much.

This board gets more and more like a black pit of negativity and hopelessness every day.
    The post above is sensible and persuasive, but some of them are truly horrible and uncalled for

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    This board gets more and more like a black pit of negativity and hopelessness every day.
    The post above is sensible and persuasive, but some of them are truly horrible and uncalled for
    Boo hoo

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    I feel a bit sad that it’s all gone south for Aden.
    As a player in his prime with us he scored a lot of goals, was part of a strong defence and his confidence was sky high.

BUT:
    - He was always slow
    - his heading was usually just straight forward without thinking about to a man
    - He always had a frustrating route one tendency

You blokes (with some reason) used to take the piss out of me for how many route one balls we’d play.

This bloke was 60 odd percent of them!!!

So what’s happened is the pluses have gone.
    He’s not scoring goals, his confidence has gone and he’s not been playing as part of a defence that can cover him...
    So you’re left with the glaring negatives.

For me the obvious mark of a player is if you sold him, who would come in for him?

Marlon Pack for example I think you’d have 6 or 7 Championship clubs who’d take him.

Flint?
    Barnsley? If not probably League One clubs.
    Says much.
    He was a proper weapon in that season he scored a boat load of goals a few years ago, but clearly age is catching up with him and exposing his sheer lack of ability. Admittedly my post is extremely harsh (Sorry Aden!) but his performance this season, have been beyond bad. That being said, he isn't the only one. Just a prime candidate.

I heard it was £4m +£2m if we got promoted, so £4m then. Still too much, he was all over the place yesterday, he wasn't even in the TV picture when they attacked and scored their first goal. I though Nelson was poor yesterday too, and our defence was all over the place. The positive is that we do have attacking players who can play well, but Flint seems to have worsened the defence, he's played every game too, so no coincidence.

I may be wrong, but watching the game yesterday, it looked like Nelson was playing on the left, when in the previous game, he was on the right. My immediate thought is that this was a 'try-out', to see how he got on, playing on the left. If it worked, then when Morrison was fit, he (Morrison) would step back in on the right, Nelson stays left, and Flint would find himself on the bench. So did it work? Hmm, hard to say. Nelson didn't look that comfortable on his 'wrong' side, so it might be we have to wait for both Morrison and Bamba to return, before we get a more reliable (if error-prone) defence.

Christ, that's some post. Whoops,

That being said, he is shit.

I read it after work, although slightly harsh on the wording I agree he’s not up to much.

Wouldn’t hurt if he fell into the bench for the rest of the season.

6 million. Jeeeez. Stinks of an earner for someone that deal.

However bad flint is at football at least he doesn’t spend his Saturday nights pissed posting abuse on a football messageboard

If he was a free transfer, I think everyone would find it easier to agree he was always limited as a defender and is now well past his sell-by date. It seems there are some that can't get past the fee Warnock paid for him and therefore refuse to admit what is obvious: He's shit. Just like Madine.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    However bad flint is at football at least he doesn’t spend his Saturday nights pissed posting abuse on a football messageboard
    Why would anyone care about that?

Say Flint was actually decent, would it bother you if you found out that he had a few drinks one Saturday night and then went on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post

Really? What actually happened is you'd come on here and take the piss about route one balls that Cardiff played. None of us ever cared about what style of football Brizzle played. We did take the piss out of your dumb manager.

We also took the piss out of you for the number of times you said you'd never go and watch them again. To be fair to you, you're being less of a bellend recently. Have you started having sex or something?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Really? What actually happened is you'd come on here and take the piss about route one balls that Cardiff played. None of us ever cared about what style of football Brizzle played. We did take the piss out of your dumb manager.

We also took the piss out of you for the number of times you said you'd never go and watch them again. To be fair to you, you're being less of a bellend recently. Have you started having sex or something?
    I must say I enjoy reading his posts now; I didn't use to though! He's made a startlingly positive transformation (Jursett, not Flint). If it is the sex I wonder if he could let me know where he gets it; I'm in dire need of some?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I must say I enjoy reading his posts now; I didn't use to though! He's made a startlingly positive transformation (Jursett, not Flint). If it is the sex I wonder if he could let me know where he gets it; I'm in dire need of some?
    Hopefully a woman.

He s costing us at least 1 goal per game.

He tried to carry the ball out of defence yesterday and fired it straight into Bacuna (I believe) at short range. they then broke on us and he tried to cover back like an asthmatic ant carrying some heavy bags of shopping.

what is the point of sending him up for set plays? The opposition know its going to punted/thrown long to im and he wins less than 75% of balls in the opposition box as its pretty easy to mark him - I'd think Ralls would win more in the air.

He's not as good as Spencer Prior or Rhys Weston for that matter. He is Jorn Schwinkendorf reincarnated - a walking calamity.

Nelson I thought did well to cover him in the circumstances yesterday but the sooner the giant redwood is out and we have our promotion winning captain put back in his place the better.

Its not rocket science. Our defence is shocking this season and there is one new factor in there - Flint

Get him out now!!

Morrison and Nelson should be the pairing for me