+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aden Flint

Re: Aden Flint

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    If you're bothered by players getting called '****ing shit' or compared to Spencer Prior (that is out of order on my behalf), then I'm not really sure football, or any other sport is for you. Yes, I'd had a beverage, I'm not really sure Aden is actually going to read this post, but if he does you never know, maybe it will inspire a positive performance from him!

Sorry for hurting your feelings xox
    I just think it’s classless but carry on. Say players are shit by all means but that OP is a bit needless isn’t it. Like Flint is just another person at the end of the day, however bad you think he is at football.

I was at the match yesterday so I think football is for me. I just think acting like a big kid and abusing people on the internet because of their football ability isn’t for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I hope you are reading this Aden, I really do, someone needs to tell you that you are ****ing shit. Your are absolutely ****ing terrible, and you are living off one anomalous season at Bristol. You are potentially our worst ever signing for value, and that's saying something considering the players we've previously wasted money on over the years. You're a late candidate, but you are without a doubt this decade's Spencer Prior.
    Like do you think this is normal? A true football fan here

He was often high up the pitch when they broke forward and struggled to get back. Why push that far up the pitch if you turn like a tank and run like a 95 year old woman.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He was often high up the pitch when they broke forward and struggled to get back. Why push that far up the pitch if you turn like a tank and run like a 95 year old woman.
    Because he was told to by the manager? Under NW we were usually happy to sit back and let the opposition have the ball in their own half. On Saturday we played with a higher defensive line and pressed Charlton higher up the pitch.

I thought on the ball he actually had an ok game at the weekend. The whole defence got caught out on a couple of occassions but I thought we looked much better.

The OP is a bizarre personal rant too, I can't see how people defend stuff like that. Football fans seem to think they can just abuse whoever they want however they want as long as it's related to football. The atmosphere at the Valley at the weekend was great but there are so many thick idiots calling our players fat and useless even when we are playing well. If this is how you enjoy football maybe I am missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Because he was told to by the manager? Under NW we were usually happy to sit back and let the opposition have the ball in their own half. On Saturday we played with a higher defensive line and pressed Charlton higher up the pitch.
    I get that, but he was taking the piss he seemed further forward than the other defenders for one.

He was up there as he’s our biggest arial threat.

He got back as quickly, if not quicker than the rest of the players around him.
    Shouldn’t the question be why the defenders who had stayed back couldn’t stop the Charlton players from scoring ?

Seems to me that he’s becoming a Hudson/ Morrison scapegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I thought on the ball he actually had an ok game at the weekend. The whole defence got caught out on a couple of occassions but I thought we looked much better.

The OP is a bizarre personal rant too, I can't see how people defend stuff like that. Football fans seem to think they can just abuse whoever they want however they want as long as it's related to football. The atmosphere at the Valley at the weekend was great but there are so many thick idiots calling our players fat and useless even when we are playing well. If this is how you enjoy football maybe I am missing something.
    Agree.
    Surely there’s no need for this.

Seen similar regarding so many other players.
    One week getting praise the next receiving disgusting abuse.

Beer shouldn’t be an excuse either.

I like to save my abuse for opposing teams rather than my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He was up there as he’s our biggest arial threat.

He got back as quickly, if not quicker than the rest of the players around him.
    Shouldn’t the question be why the defenders who had stayed back couldn’t stop the Charlton players from scoring ?

Seems to me that he’s becoming a Hudson/ Morrison scapegoat
    How do you know what incident I was talking about to say he got back quicker

Are you DML in disguise?

How do you know what incident I was talking about to say he got back quicker

Are you DML in disguise?
    The 2nd goal I presume, as that was the only incident where they scored from where he was caught upfield.

Anything else really isn’t relevant.

Your point about ‘why do we send him up’ was ridiculous either way

He created a fair bit of chaos from set pieces, one particularly nice header

Flint, you may wish to know is top of our assists charts with 3.

Not bad for a defender and good reason ( he’s also scored) to send him up at set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The 2nd goal I presume, as that was the only incident where they scored from where he was caught upfield.

Anything else really isn’t relevant.

Your point about ‘why do we send him up’ was ridiculous either way

He created a fair bit of chaos from set pieces, one particularly nice header

Flint, you may wish to know is top of our assists charts with 3.

Not bad for a defender and good reason ( he’s also scored) to send him up at set pieces.
    Why isn’t it relevant? We won’t always get so lucky and not concede.

How is it ridiculous not to want my defender in an attacking midfielder role when the opposition bread fast?

Did I say it was from a set piece?

Have I mentioned his goal contribution? Or criticised them?

The bloke is a slug and shouldn’t be pushed up so far.

Why isn’t it relevant? We won’t always get so lucky and not concede.

How is it ridiculous not to want my defender in an attacking midfielder role when the opposition bread fast?

Did I say it was from a set piece?

Have I mentioned his goal contribution? Or criticised them?

The bloke is a slug and shouldn’t be pushed up so far.
    He's not in the team to score goals, that's just a bonus, he'd much rather be defending well. I don't think that he's great by any stretch, although he does seem to be the one who's getting the kicking when i'd say that Bennett is running him close in the shit stakes. Never have i seen a fullback so unaware of what is going on around him, yet he gets it mild in comparison to some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's not in the team to score goals, that's just a bonus, he'd much rather be defending well. I don't think that he's great by any stretch, although he does seem to be the one who's getting the kicking when i'd say that Bennett is running him close in the shit stakes. Never have i seen a fullback so unaware of what is going on around him, yet he gets it mild in comparison to some others.
    I’ve given Morrison as good as I’ve given Flint. How on earth a manager with NW experience thought that was a good idea (to play them together) I’ll never comprehend.

I’ve given Morrison as good as I’ve given Flint. How on earth a manager with NW experience thought that was a good idea (to play them together) I’ll never comprehend.
    I think that Warnock's head was going.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that Warnock's head was going.
    Would seem so looking at some of the signings.

Would seem so looking at some of the signings.
    ...and the departures. 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    ...and the departures. 🤨
    Yes

I've been hammering Flint lately, but i thought he played well last night. If he keeps playing like that then hes ahead of Morrison for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I've been hammering Flint lately, but i thought he played well last night. If he keeps playing like that then hes ahead of Morrison for me.
    I agree. Stoke crossing balls into the box for Sam Vokes was Flints kind of game. Won a few defensive headers towards the end of the game which took the pressure off us.

Bit concerned with the way Nelson was just hoofing the ball out to touch or even out for a goal kick to them once.

I also thought Flint had a decent game. A clean sheet does wonders to a man too so we'll see how he is over the next few games.